Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

My will to wait until after Christmas and the resulting drop in price is fading, the only thing stopping me buying the game now is that, well, I have a shitty 150GB HD (Upgrade for Christmas) in here and I just don't have the space without.........uninstalling Oblivion.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

@Samson - @AndalayBay -

Spider bunnies. Fear. Also' date=' is the site supposed to fail hardcore in IE?[/quote']Nope. Although I saw some reports on TES Alliance that it's not working well under IE 9. Are you running IE 9? We're using IP.Board, which is the same as Beth, Nexus and TESA. But we're on the newer version.Anyway please let me know which version of IE you're running and I'll ask Xae to have a look.

undersolitude.jpgApropos of nothing, here's what the view from under Solitude looks like.@AndalayBay - Yeah, I'm on IE9.
Like you said' date=' I don't think I was supposed to be there at such a low level. I like that. Skyrim feels like a dangerous place to explore, which makes the exploration that much more enjoyable.[/quote']This, definitely. I'm enjoying how they brought that feel back from Morrowind, only better. Even at mid-level like I am, I'm still steering clear of giant camps and the like because I don't want to die.On another note, I am envisioning a conversation along the lines of the following, from back before we knew what all was going to be in the game:Us: Man, I really hope we get some more Dwemer ruins! Those were awesome in Morrowind!Bethesda: LOLOLOLdwemerruininterior.jpgdwemerruincave.jpgThat second one is inside a cave mid-ruin, for the record. My companion keeps saying "I've never seen anything like that!" and I keep saying "Yeah, no doubt. Wow."

Also, assuming you're a smith, Dwemer ruins are bank. Pick up random struts and things, smelt some ore, and suddenly one ruin gets you 27 Dwarven bows.

@Dwip - well the solution given on TESA was to see the light and switch to Firefox. I'll mention it to Xae, but I think you'll find that all forums that use IPB 3.2 will be severely messed up for you once they upgrade to 3.2. IE has always been hideous for following standards and nothing has changed, apparently.And now I'll stop spamming your thread... Leaving...

@Hanaisse - Remind me why you're not joining us' date=' again? And just for you: [/quote']The obvious reason.*snagging pretty pics*

Oh yeah, I need to go talk to that kid.@AndalayBay - If I actually liked Firefox, that would be a solution, yes. As I do not, well.@Hanaisse - :(But here, have a picture:dragonperch.jpgOf note here, several things:- Dawnstar and Winterhold are actually open already. Thus far it's only Solitude/Whiterun.- Dragons perching look really awesome, even behind trees.- When I'm shopping in town and I walk out the door, the last thing I'm expecting is sudden dragon combat, but there you go.

Riften and Windhelm are also closed, and I think Markarth might be, too. Those are the five largest cities in the game, the smaller ones such as Morthal and Falkreath are already open.

Yep, and unless there's complex event triggers we don't know about, Whiterun and Windhelm look like they'll be easy enough to pop open without too much trouble.I haven't been to any other cities yet, although I'm heading for Riften at the next opportunity.

MOAR PICSHURmeridiadragon.jpgSo, remember kids: when going to do daedric quests, remember to check for dragon shrines nearby. Or else you get my buddy there and his friend, who were just a LITTLE surprising to me.Yes, today has more or less been about dragons surprising me in the damndest places. See also: that random farm in BFE.Found a bug, too. Jarl of Windhelm will give you his "I'm looking for work" quest multiple times, and you can complete it multiple times, too. It's not a big deal, but it IS a bug. Aside from that, I'm being pleasantly surprised how few issues of any type there are. And the game appears quite stable as well, easily holding up for hours and hours at a time.And just to make up for the many dragon pictures, have something random:icecavebridge.jpg

Raise your hand if your weekend looks like this:skyrimfirstweekend.jpgFor my first sour note, I was pretty unimpressed with the progression of the Companions questline. Milage may vary.

Wonders if Dwip knows about console TM command? The compass is in the way of some great shots there.Also went to iguanadons and saw Arthmoors fantastic pics. The first dragon kill - epic. Will make for a nice painting resource one day, heh.

Found a bug' date=' too. Jarl of Windhelm will give you his "I'm looking for work" quest multiple times, and you can complete it multiple times, too. It's not a big deal, but it IS a bug. Aside from that, I'm being pleasantly surprised how few issues of any type there are. And the game appears quite stable as well, easily holding up for hours and hours at a time.[/quote']@ Dwip -- Actually, I'm pretty sure that is supposed to one of those repeatable objectives you can get. There are supposedly a number of those in game. They get pretty boring in pretty short order though.@ Andalaybay -- any plans for a SkyrimXP leveling mod?

@ Andalaybay -- any plans for a SkyrimXP leveling mod?
:lol: You are the second person to ask me that. I need a chance to play the game first and then dig into the innards. DBC has tanked badly on the final quest and I need to get that fixed before I can even look at Skyrim.Amajor7 has played through a bit and confirmed that the furniture options for houses are just as bad as they've always been so we're looking at porting Imperial Furniture to Skyrim. So that will be three mods for Skyrim already. *sigh*

Actually, Dwip, mine won't be showing anything at all since I've bypassed the Steam client :P They're going to think I'm not playing the game.@Hana: The tm command is pretty fiddly. When the menus go off, the console is no longer visible when it's activated so if you're not careful you can get stuck in there.

@ Andalaybay -- any plans for a SkyrimXP leveling mod?

:lol: You are the second person to ask me that. I need a chance to play the game first and then dig into the innards. DBC has tanked badly on the final quest and I need to get that fixed before I can even look at Skyrim.

Amajor7 has played through a bit and confirmed that the furniture options for houses are just as bad as they've always been so we're looking at porting Imperial Furniture to Skyrim. So that will be three mods for Skyrim already. *sigh*

I'm sorry that your dark brotherhood one has tanked badly. I have only ever played through the in game quest for that once and that laptop died in 07 so I can't really help with testing on that.

@Hanaisse - I do know about it, yes. But two things there:- When I'm getting attacked by dragons so totally isn't the time for the console.- If Skyrim works anything like F:NV, use of the console prevents achievements from registering for that session. Since I'm not a big reload fan, well. I'll probably start using it religiously once I finish this game. Haven't wanted to find out thus far, though.@Ysne - Well, that's...dumb. He wants me to get the same helm by the same dude 80 times? Meh. That aside, thus far I have not been wildly impressed by the whole radiant story angle of things, which is pretty much an attempt at padding through fetch quests.@AndalayBay - Yeah, so my mod ideas are progressing as they always have, via things that annoy me about the base game. Better house? Yeah, definitely going there. Better companion commands? Pretty sure I'm going there too. Merchant with some more damn money? (great-great-great-grandson of) Thalonias lives!You may be addicted when...@Samson - *pet*

Ok, well I think I've managed to repair our final quest, so now I just need to coax Arthmoor away from Skyrim long enough to look at that side quest for me :grinning: *pleads*I've been hearing mixed reviews about the Dark Brotherhood quests so far, so I definitely need to check those out for myself.

The first replacers are creeping into my game now...First was the font. Futura was a dreadful choice, didn't fit the setting at all. It has now been replaced with a slightly more Nordic Centaur font.Next was higher resolution snow textures (1024). Snow being so important in this game, I felt it made sense for this to be the first texture to receive an upgrade.Finally, the pine trees are about to receive an enhancement, as well.

Ok' date=' well I think I've managed to repair our final quest, so now I just need to coax Arthmoor away from Skyrim long enough to look at that side quest for me :grinning: *pleads*

I've been hearing mixed reviews about the Dark Brotherhood quests so far, so I definitely need to check those out for myself.[/quote']My son completed it on the PS3. He really didn't have much to say about it though, just that he completed it.

Ok, Photo time.scaled.php?server=341&filename=screenshot2sb.jpg&res=mediumThe Aurora. Above a dwemer ruin. Goes without saying.scaled.php?server=228&filename=screenshot3ab.jpg&res=mediumAnd a Walrus. An aggressive Walrus. With several friends, as it happened. All this is from my trip to Winterhold to find the college there. Not very eventful. Only nearly died six times. By Skyrim's standards.