Sign in to follow this  
alt3rn1ty

No Mans Sky - Update

Yeah I agree, anything inside a building ought to be assumed to be wired in, just provide power to the building and anything inside should work if there is enough power.

Reading the wiki article on power would seem to concur https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Power .. Maybe you need not only connection to the building from the power, but also a connector in the wall, which the equipment then wires to, like a plug socket in the house .. Or maybe all parts in constructing the base need to be of the same type for connection of all the modules to carry power throughout the base.

I guess you will have tried those logical approaches though, and I dont know what works because anyone who is succeeding in wiring things up are probably not posting. I haven't done any other wiring besides that screenshot, a base is too much like a ball and chain to this traveller. I had to teleport back from about 75 systems away to get that screenshot, the place is getting very dusty :)

Heh, well, I've "succeeded" because it lets you wire through the walls as though they're not there, but obviously that just looks terrible. I don't spend a lot of time visiting the initial base though since I've got my freighter base up and running now. So it's just a wooden shack sitting next to one of those manufacturing plant buildings. One really doesn't need a teleporter with a freighter in orbit :P

Yeah Freighters should become the main base for this Exploring game imho, I have quite a few suggestions to make them better if Hellogames get round to polishing anything not to do with Multiplayer or VR.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:08 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

New 3xperimental patch is up on steam depots

Reveal hidden contents
Experimental Branch 01/11
  • Fixed an issue that prevented glyphs being entered into portals more than once.
  • Fixed an issue where portals featured in missions would not activate.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Communications Stations from being placed outside of bases.
  • Restored Communication Stations and Message modules to the construction research station on the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Sphere Creator to create too many spheres when used in multiplayer.

Update to the experimental patch today

Update to Experimental Branch 04/11
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the player has no ship (including when on the other side of a mission-related portal).
  • Fixed a rare crash in the interaction system.
  • Fixed an issue that could send players to a planet with no Knowledge Stones when locating Portal glyphs for the weekend mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could mark weekend missions as encrypted and override their rewards.
  • Prevented terrain edits from being made inside a base that you did not have permission to edit, or within 2km of a featured base.
  • Limited the downloading of small bases made near featured bases.
  • Reduced the display radius for base computer markers made by visiting players near featured bases.

Another update to experimental patch ..

Update to Experimental Branch 07/11
  • Fixed a networking issue that could prevent players in the same group from seeing each other after warping.

Update to Experimental Branch 06/11
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when starships are incorrectly loaded.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stranded at a featured base after a save/load, if their ship had no launch fuel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Atlas Stations to have the wrong interaction during key story moments, blocking progress through the mission.

Update to Experimental Branch 06/11
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the player has no ship (including when on the other side of a mission-related portal).
  • Fixed a rare crash in the interaction system.
  • Fixed an issue that could send players to a planet with no Knowledge Stones when locating Portal glyphs for the weekend mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could mark weekend missions as encrypted and override their rewards.
  • Prevented terrain edits from being made inside a base that you did not have permission to edit, or within 2km of a featured base.
  • Limited the downloading of small bases made near featured bases.
  • Reduced the display radius for base computer markers made by visiting players near featured bases.

Experimental Branch 01/11
  • Fixed an issue that prevented glyphs being entered into portals more than once.
  • Fixed an issue where portals featured in missions would not activate.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Communications Stations from being placed outside of bases.
  • Restored Communication Stations and Message modules to the construction research station on the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Sphere Creator to create too many spheres when used in multiplayer.

Well I think they had a change of plans today :

2.16 is now released https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/11/beyond-patch-2-16/

And a new Experimental has already begun which so far only includes the additional fix to the experimental branch earlier today

Experimental Branch 07/11
  • Fixed a networking issue that could prevent players in the same group from seeing each other after warping.

Nice, but I guess I'll be needing to file a bug report now. Got told to go hire the armorer for the base, but only exocraft Vy'keen are available anywhere and it won't let me hire him, nor can I build his terminal for him, so progressing that part of the base stuff is now dead in the water.

Still don't like having to string power cables to everything under the sun but at least I've managed to stabilize the grid at my only surface base. Now if I could just keep the NPC ships from trying to yank my landing pad out from under me :P

That sounds unusual, the progression is supposed to be build the terminal first, then go get the relevant expert. Just check see if you have the correct mission selected in your log, sometimes I have forgotten to do that (or the game has automatically focussed on a newer mission) and wondered why things were not being triggered.

13 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Now if I could just keep the NPC ships from trying to yank my landing pad out from under me :P

Hah! They still do that?, its been ages since I built a pad but yes they are a PITA when you want to use your own pad conserving launch fuel and some cheeky bugger swoops in. Build six, more landing opportunity and the bonus is if you need some rare resources a random visitor might have them for sale.

As it turns out, yes, there were 2 identical missions in the log and for some dumb reason the game kept auto-selecting the wrong one. So ok, got my dude now, but come on. Really? The game can't handle more than one active quest at a time?

Yeah, I may build a couple more pads at some point now that I packed up and moved my base to a location where that might actually be possible. Hint: Don't crowd yourself by building next to a mountain AND a preexisting building :P

They really do need more options for power generation too. An EM Generator only sounds nice on paper. When the game tells you there's no field to generate power from though, then it's just a waste of resources. So it's either solar or bust. Biofuel reactors just don't cut it.