Sign in to follow this  
alt3rn1ty

No Mans Sky - Update

Yep.

They have just released the second round of beta fixes to Beyond already.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1643171537291464493/

Not had any issues so far.

And even without using online or VR, there is an awful lot to like about this update.

I started a new game, and also deleted all old settings files so that those got regenerated from scratch ..

.. Games performing really well, testing it with MSI Afterburner, aswell as without, so I have some ball park figures to go with how it "feels" and get a good setup after tweaking all the new settings = Very pleased so far with performance on my new machine.

New machine specs

8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
16gb DDR4 (2666MHZ)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive - OS System drive, Clean install of Win 10 x64 1903
1TB WD Blue 3D NAND 2.5" SATA SSD - Game installation drive

Maybe I'll reinstall it once my replacement video card gets here and see how far things have come.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:09 PM, Arthmoor said:

Maybe I'll reinstall it once my replacement video card gets here and see how far things have come.

The steady intro to everything from the game start is a lot less disjointed now and flows better, and the intro to the new anomally is worth going back to the start for (although they have probably patched in a trigger for ongoing games for this to happen no matter where you are).

I just did the bare minimum base build to get the story going, looking forward to having a Freighter again and concentrating on a more mobile base for long term exploration :).

Having more space to stack resources in each slot has taken away a lot of the tedium of inventory management.

HelloGames has apparently done 18 new builds in the first 48 hour since Beyond went public. I had GOG Galaxy installed with the Beta 3xperimental branch enabled, and there was at least one update before and after loading up the game each time every few hours, and no doubt while me and the family were out and about in the car, I left Galaxy on just to capture any new updates while we were out. The Release logs are growing in number https://www.nomanssky.com/release-log/

I dont know what they still plan to add to this game now, but it has surpassed my hopes a long time ago and just keeps getting better. I dont know at this time if they have improved Freighters and the long term attraction to exploration in any way, but if they havent that would be my only wishes going forward, to concentrate more on having the Freighter as a Base and not be stuck on any planet as a base. And maybe one long term and rare nasty adversary for space battles .. But thats probably a bit close to plagiarising Elite and its Thargoids, or X and the Khaak / Xenon

Woops there's a bad early bug been found, and Hellogames have gone home for the weekend

Have a look at the second post https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/crvqzn/bug_report_megathread/?st=jzh8uqkn&sh=df1eeff4

Basicly avoid using the teleport in the new anomaly nexus for now.

I think I'll just wait until the bug fixing storm dies down a bit before I reinstall the game :P

Its getting there, now at "2.09.4 Hotfix" https://www.nomanssky.com/release-log/

A huge amount of patchwork done since my last post, including some long standing (not so important fixes) which I have been tapping my fingers over for a few years :), they didn't get listed in patch notes, but they are definitely addressing some low priority extant bugs.

I reckon a few more patches and they will have all VR / MP issues squared away, but for us single player users imho its a good stable state now with a few minor fixes to do.

For anyone who may still have any indication of very slight lag during Low level Flight on planets - Try zero'ing the Motion Blur Amount setting, its helped a lot of people especially in combination with Volumetric / Atmospheric effects.

With my new laptop and more recent releases (and having deleted my previous settings files) I was experiencing what I can only describe as a slight dampening of the ships speed for a fraction of a second which after a few more seconds would happen again. Feels like the Turbo in your car is not quite doing its thing for a fraction of a second, then its 100% again for a few seconds, then not quite doing its thing, then 100% again .. repeat ( this was while holding W and Shift to get max flight speed ).

The game is setting up its initial settings files for my machine a lot better than it ever has done since 2016 - But, Motion Blur Amount was (and always has been) set very high. I brought it down to 30 for my machine having seen this tip on reddit, and the last remnant of any performance issues is now history. Vulkan has done wonders for the game, but knowing this little tip may just help anyone out there with any leftover nags about the game performance.

Edit : There's another beta up, so more fixes incoming :rolleyes:

2.12 released, wedge of fixes again. I reckon the way this game is programmed (mostly procedural maths content) and they do major updates like Beyond, they have to re-do a lot of what has been fixed before. Anyway, back to enjoying it :)

Release notes https://www.nomanssky.com/2019/09/beyond-development-update-2/

Edit : I updated the Nexus No Man's Sky - General Performance sticky topic too, due to new settings and HelloGames Helpdesk articles being updated

On first read of the release notes I missed this (see my bold in quote below)

I'm hoping Freighters get some love and polish, for us actual Explorers, Exxocraft which once built can be stored / called down from the Freighter "Away team to Voyager, beam down the Roamer"

Patch 2.12 is live on all platforms today, with the notes available below. There is much more coming very soon. Thank you, so much, for playing.

Sean

:)