[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

I am having some reports that saving ck if u edited any exterior cell even without touching water at all seems to rever the water shader to old ?

I am not sure of this but I am getting some reports about this on my mods .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/518/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D518%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D4992490&pUp=1

Similar issue 2 pages back? Starts with this post..

You both need to load your Plugin in new CK, add Update.esm as master to your mod and save, after this then do what Arthmoor suggested by using SSEEdit and and check "Worldspace" Cell edits one by one. Make your mod match exactly to what update.esm has in "XCLW - Water Height" and "XCWT - Water".

SSEEdit will basically show up in red all the ones you need edit to match Update.esm, it's a bit of a work but it is easy. This is how i fixed SkyTEST messing up some parts of the Water Flow every time i hand placed an animal near Water.

I had a report about this with my Lanterns of Skyrim for SE. SSEEdit reports no conflicts but water near Riverwood are reverted to standard Skyrim.

Please upload your esp somewhere for investigation.

You can find it at bethesda.net

I don't use it.

Keep in mind that Update.esm and all DLCs are forcefully loaded by the game so you need to keep whatever changes they all introduce in conflicting records, even if your plugin doesn't have any of them as masters.

You both need to load your Plugin in new CK, add Update.esm as master to your mod and save, after this then do what Arthmoor suggested by using SSEEdit and and check "Worldspace" Cell edits one by one. Make your mod match exactly to what update.esm has in "XCLW - Water Height" and "XCWT - Water".

SSEEdit will basically show up in red all the ones you need edit to match Update.esm, it's a bit of a work but it is easy. This is how i fixed SkyTEST messing up some parts of the Water Flow every time i hand placed an animal near Water.

I'll try to add update.esm

Ok, i am extremely nooby regarding Meshes... is there a step by step way to do this? i also notice some of the textures i am using are crashing the CK when trying to preview them, is new engine using different compression method apart from DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5? Arthmoor fist main Post seems to suggest they should work as long as they're DDS files, but i am not using any TGA's and even the ones crashing the CK are DDS files.

Hmmm... Weird, i have not had time to update my nif files, but i did saved a bunch of textures as DXT5 and now it works! Confirmed, It Was The Damn TEXTURES all along. If anyone is having CTD after loading and saving any mod in new CK, you all may want to re-save your textures as DXT5, it is a very annoying, boring and tiresome process. I can now preview models and textures and i am about to test it in game, sice it was also Crashing like crazy as soon as i selected any of my modded races in game.

Hmmm... Weird, i have not had time to update my nif files, but i did saved a bunch of textures as DXT5 and now it works! Confirmed, It Was The Damn TEXTURES all along. If anyone is having CTD after loading and saving any mod in new CK, you all may want to re-save your textures as DXT5, it is a very annoying, boring and tiresome process. I can now preview models and textures and i am about to test it in game, sice it was also Crashing like crazy as soon as i selected any of my modded races in game.

That suggests there was probably something wrong with your textures to begin with. DXT5 is only for alpha channels. All formats will work.

Could someone help me understand why exporter 3dsmax skinned nif exported meshes do not work in SE?

Just wait for the proper Skyrim -> SSE nif converter, it is being developed.

When generating FaceGen Data in the old CK, it would save the meshes and textures in folders named for each master file, the new CK appears to just put them in a folder named after the plugin (even though they're all overrides). I looked in the USSEP archive and you obviously got it to work properly Arthmoor. Am I missing something obvious?

You aren't missing something. I had to fix all of that manually and it wasn't fun :P

I picked them out of the dump one by one to override what we already had. It made 720 files. We don't even edit 720 NPCs. So I have no idea why it did that.

Just wait for the proper Skyrim -> SSE nif converter, it is being developed.

problem is that I fear it won't work , I have manually tried all the solutions and didn't work , I suspect it might be perhaps something in the exporter ?

When I export the mesh looks fine in nifskope , but if I copy a piece of geometry with all branches, and paste into the same ( but older exported model from skyrim mod ) the pasted branch looks a totally wrong skin , here is the result .

049e3cfca87893cd47f1681b59411580.png

Copy/pasting skinned nodes from one mesh to another has always been a bad idea. It never ends pretty.

I would try to help but I don't use 3DS Max.

Copy/pasting skinned nodes from one mesh to another has always been a bad idea. It never ends pretty.

I would try to help but I don't use 3DS Max.

It always worked fine to me , but I this time did just to make some tests, to see whats wrong in the skin data, because out of the 3dsmax exporter, with the due fixes described above for the SE version it shoudl work in game, instead I get a very distorted mesh.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4692-nif-file-issues-for-se/

I just got the SSE CK today and had the Scripts.rar file unpacked.  I now have "Data > Source > Scripts". Whereas in the original it was "Data > Scripts > Source".  

How does this difference affect writing, compiling, and using scripts?  I know I could just try it.  But I'd rather have some insight into what is going on before doing anything.

I just got the SSE CK today and had the Scripts.rar file unpacked.  I now have "Data > Source > Scripts". Whereas in the original it was "Data > Scripts > Source".  

How does this difference affect writing, compiling, and using scripts?  I know I could just try it.  But I'd rather have some insight into what is going on before doing anything.

See nico's post at the top of the previous page (9).

See nico's post at the top of the previous page (9).

So they changed it so that PSC files could be isolated from the PEX files in directory structure.  Makes sense actually. 

Do we still have to dump all source scripts into one location to use them?  Or has this CK gotten smart enough to use multiple folders?

Added updated information about the Papyrus source code to the OP. Go read it. It's important.

Once you've saved it, check through your worldspace edits with SSEEdit and make sure the water height and flow data match what Update.esm wants.

Does someone knows how to do this? I have no experience with Xedit of sorts.

Does someone knows how to do this? I have no experience with Xedit of sorts.

You can make the process easier on yourself by right clicking on your ESP after you've added Update.esm as a master and using the "filter for conflict losers" option. Then expand Update.esm and look through the worldspace tree for CELL records and start dragging the water data across to your mods.

Here some information about my day of conversion of Gray Cowl of Nocturnal:

- Static objects: If you have invisible static objects or "all grayed" color, check the Vector Flags in every NiTriShapeData and make sure it's flagged "Has_Tangents" (usually is flagged in combination of "UV_Set1" flag)

- It's now possible to use lights that can cast shadows in exterior places (here an example: https://goo.gl/77T2tX)

- Shader Particles Geometry is bugged when you save your mod but it's correctly read by CK when you load the mod. All the particles used by weather (rain or snow) are invisible in game or just not enabled.

- Both CK and game seem to be more "delicate" with nif files. An improper set of parameters it may cause CTD more often. For example about BSLightingShaderProperty: If you set Skyrim Shader Type to Environmental Map but you don't set Shader Flags 1 to use SLFS1_Envirnment_Mapping then you have high chance to CTD, both CK and the game.

problem is that I fear it won't work , I have manually tried all the solutions and didn't work , I suspect it might be perhaps something in the exporter ?

When I export the mesh looks fine in nifskope , but if I copy a piece of geometry with all branches, and paste into the same ( but older exported model from skyrim mod ) the pasted branch looks a totally wrong skin , here is the result .

049e3cfca87893cd47f1681b59411580.png

Is that the new NIFskope you using there?