Nif file issues for SE

Prometheus

May be is good tohave a thread were to collect feedback and informations on NIF issues ...

Well here is mine and hope someone coul dtake a look and help me out on what's wrong with this nif file?

I load it in CK and is visible, but the pants intrude the calves and for some reason they do not get erased by the bsdismemberment modifier that has the right settings, plus when I load ingame it makes the CK crash ... In normal skyrim works fine.

http://www.filedropper.com/cuirassheavy1

Yes, but the problem to me seems to be another, I have skipped the whole thing , my old model and picked directly the 3dsmax files, installed the new 3dsmax exporter importer for max 2016 and Reexported the whole set ...

Now I dunno why ingame it looks like this :

9bedf8de485ad62b3fd5b078575b2b64.jpg

Here are both my files ...

Is anyone able to check what could be wrong ?

http://www.filedropper.com/cuirassheavy0nif

http://www.filedropper.com/cuirassheavy1_1

Those are the settings I used to export

0c0b601bd98a46350a01c9f732b7fb73.png

I have even tried to pick and copy the pants from this exported nif into an older ( working ) nif replacing the pants, but the results were like those :

049e3cfca87893cd47f1681b59411580.png

wich is weird, I have checked the files and the skin modifier in max and all is fine , the bsdismember also fine , all is fine but ingame it looks messed and if I copy from one nif to another the skin modifier looks messed... I dunno whats going on ...

I hope someone can help me  here.

I don't think anyone really understands if the 3DSMax Nif exporter works properly with SSE. And sadly, there is no active 3DSMax Nif developer I don't think. I noticed I, too, couldn't get a lot of skinned meshes to work after exporting from Max...meshes that worked ok in the original Skyrim.

So I'm sorry to say I don't think anyone can help you...either do a ton of experimenting and reading of .nif format, or switch to Blender maybe? Or do what I'm doing...waiting and hoping for better tools someday.

I don't think anyone really understands if the 3DSMax Nif exporter works properly with SSE. And sadly, there is no active 3DSMax Nif developer I don't think. I noticed I, too, couldn't get a lot of skinned meshes to work after exporting from Max...meshes that worked ok in the original Skyrim.

So I'm sorry to say I don't think anyone can help you...either do a ton of experimenting and reading of .nif format, or switch to Blender maybe? Or do what I'm doing...waiting and hoping for better tools someday.

Well Going to blender is a no way , I have far more important stuff and tools to learn than go back to a less developed tool for exporting a couple of meshes.

As for waiting ok , but what could be wrong eventually ? I mean some nif tool expert coul deventually try and analyze what's coming out of 3dsmax export?

In theory if it worked for normal skyrim shoudl work for the skyrim SE with the proper fixes so there might be some setting wrong ?

Comparing the two nifs I get this difference ... Can someone tell me why?

e1ff65b184ab3ad09545c66b08a30389.png

the left one is exported the right one is original .

Ok after further investigation I come to the conclusion that the Exporter for 3dsmax 2016 is simply BROKEN!

I exported with 3dsmax 2011 , that luckily I kept and the scripts inside worked fine, they exported correct bone links and all works as intended, the only issue is the naming of the bsdismemberment parts that need to be renamed in CK .