[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

Arthmoor

Anyone getting purple headed npcs but only when uploading to Xbox? Maybe because I used the bsa from PC special edition and did not remake the bsa with Xbox check Mark? Is that required? Facegen data works for PC side.

You can't do that. XBox requires processing through the CK since it will invoke a texture conversion step that's necessary for them to work on the console. Your facegen and other stuff needs that to be done. XB1 actually generates one archive for textures, and another for everything else.

I apologize for not being clear. I uploaded thru the creation kit. I am talking about using the new bsa making tool to package all the face gen data. I used it to make a fresh bsa for sse. Then from the kit I uploaded the mod.

But when making the bsa there was a check box that said Xbox archive which I never clicked on.  Optional?

Or should I not even make the bsa and let the kit handle the loose files?

Unfortunately since the textures have to be run through a convertor you need to let the CK handle the console archive.

So the Special Edition continues to drive me mad with bizarre render issues. My SMIM saltpile.nif renders all wacky. There is no reason this should happen. However, I've tracked the issue down to the following. When using a diffuse texture with an alpha map along with a NiAlphaProperty along with Vertex Colors data and shader Flag. Removing the Vertex Colors and shader Flag fixes the issue. Why this issue occurs is unclear since the original game rendered this just fine, with proper vertex colors.

If any of you .nif experts wants to look into it more, here's the original mesh and fixed SE mesh.

Unfortunately since the textures have to be run through a convertor you need to let the CK handle the console archive.

Hi, I let the kit handle the face gen files, but it made no difference, and were not uploaded either.  The facegens are 2.8 gigs if archived with the Bethesda tool. But the mod size on xbox 1 site was only 800k.  Its like the kit is ignoring them.

But reality check:  the 5 gig limit on xbox 1 means that they can forget about face gens if they are gigs in size, correct?  They simply do not have the space.

Well ok. I should have been more clear. By letting the kit handle it, I mean you have to pull in the files you have manually into the CK's archive menu when it comes up. Facegen is not one of the things it will gather on its own. Once the list is created then it should invoke the conversion routine once it starts packaging the textures.

It's a serious pain in the ass, but right now it's the only way to do it.

Lol! That's what I get for not uploading to steam. Zero experience uploading with kit. If the resulting upload is 2 plus gigs in size because of facegen data then isn't it better for there to,be no facegen ? 5 gigs on Xbox goes pretty quick...

And the only reason it is so,huge is because of the wasteful file system used by Windows. When using 7zip the whole mod is,like 100k. When unzip 2.7 gigs. But the archive creator creates the same 2..7 gig file.

I can't seem to be able to pack my files into the BSA, meshes seem to work fine but only a fraction of the textures are being packed (in a different Pack for some reason), is there anyway to only use the Archive.exe to pack my files and select them all the ones i need that are not listed?

[edit]

It seems there was an archive.exe all along inside a new folder i did not noticed before called "tools" inside main SkyrimSE folder.

[Edit]

There is also this weird issue i was having with SkyTEST messing up water flow in SSE, for some reason if any non-vanilla animal that i placed manually near any water using the new Water Flow, it would look as if part of the water grid would revert back to original Skyrim non water Flow, it sort of looks as if the water was split from from flow based and non flow, it looks ugly! i have no idea why it is doing this, i did not changed any terrain or even water, so what the heck? i was having this issue before trying the new CK and i really thought it would go away as soon as i loaded and save the mod with the new CK, but it persists even after rebuilding the damn mod.

Uuuuh... anyone else not getting its papyrus log where it should be despite enabling the relevant INI settings ?!

Edit: Nevermind. Not sure how this could even happen, but it's working again.

Did not see this mentioned when I searched the tread so I thought it might be helpful to some new users.

CreationKitCustom.ini works for this like it does for Fallout4. Put

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

to load multiple masters. Putting it in the Custom ini stops updates or refreshes from wiping out your ini changes.

If you did that without loading Update.esm as a master, that's part of what can happen. Skyrim.esm hasn't got the updated cell info for that.

Oh man your'e so hardcore! thank's for all those times you've help!

[Edit] 

It did not do the trick saddly, loaded Update.esm and then my mod, waited for them to load and then save. Even after checking the mod it says it has both Skyrim.esm and Update.esm as dependancies, but the issue persists even after creating a new game. Any more ideas what could i have done wrong?

Once you've saved it, check through your worldspace edits with SSEEdit and make sure the water height and flow data match what Update.esm wants.

Hello, i wanna re-edit some of my mods from Skyrim to SSE and getting a problem on the new NifSkope, so, i am doing the first part "Spells -> Batch -> Make All Skin Partitions. On the pop-up menu that appears, set Number of Bones per Partition to 60 and click OK", after clicking OK i get two messages "did 2 partitions" and "Reduced 6 vertices to 4 bone influences (maximum number of bones per vertex was 5)" and when i go again the numbers remain same as before, even when i do the second part and save, the numbers are still remaining the same.  :(
Please help.

When i resave my mods in SSECK, they come bac with some weird nav mesh info inside. Is it ok to remove that using SSEEdit?

So CK for SSE still reads the ESM and ESP after the date of last modification.

aAbBpSyl.png

Beth...

Beth never changes. :troll:

When i resave my mods in SSECK, they come bac with some weird nav mesh info inside. Is it ok to remove that using SSEEdit?

I wouldn't suggest you do that. If it's the NAVI record your mod needs to have it. That record is collected from all mods and merged together at runtime.

I'm talking about a perk mod with literally just 5 entries in it. why would it need to have anything related to navmeshes?

edit: when i try to save any of my mods, this error pops up:

PATHFINDING: NavMeshInfo 00108b64 in cell POIPineForest24, has a portal with no navmesh, removing portal

(error warnings without copy and past support should be illegal :/)

i click on yes, i get:

PATHFINDING: NavMesh 00108b64 contains portal pointing to invalid NavMesh ID 000f0660, removing portal, consider refinalizing the space

it does that for a bunch of vanilla IDs

i save the plugin, i get a stupid navmesh entry.

Maybe it's somehow corrupt and SSE is confused by it? I'm not sure. Is this a file that's been released? Does it use Update.esm as a master?

@Gruftlord

@Arthmoor

I have the same problem with two ESP which I has so far tried to convert.
The first is my own ESP, second is Enhanced Lighting for ENB.
In the first case ESP does not include any editing for interiors or worldspace.

After removing "Navigation Mesh Info Map" in xEdit everything works correctly so far in game.

EDIT

Both plugins have Update.esm as master.

Edited by InsanePlumber