[Skyrim SE] Porting a mod from LE to SSE

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many fine mods have been created for the Skyrim Legendary Edition (aka Classic) over the years and not all of them have been brought over to the Special Edition. Due to differences between LE and SE,

Uploaded new xEdit build with SSE support.

Here's a point about meshes. The Special Edition seems to not allow NiSkinPartition blocks to use Strips. The game will show a red exclamation. So I had to re-export a few meshes and ensure "Generate

Posted Images

If nothing else pops-up in the meantime I will write and share instructions for how to use LODGen.exe to convert simple! static meshes from one format to another.

Once I updated it for SSE I will use its "secret" options to convert DynDOLOD Resources to the new format anyhow.

So there is still Skyrim.esm, Update.esm and DLC's with esm files? What a shame, conflicts between official esm files are still present? Once again your patch will fix it I guess.. 

So the game is using DX11 now, and is 64bit which I know, what about multicore CPU support, it is better than Skyrim 2011? 

I didnt have the opportunity to get the SSE in advance, so I have a small question:

the does the new esm have the same or a different TES4 version header than the original skyrim? 

edit: got my answer, it seems to be now 44 (instead of 40-43 for Skyrim)

oh come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like I really want to play the game without my mods. 

like, really??????????????????????????

totally unfair.  I thought that beta signup was old.  I only put two of my mods in case it unlocked it or something.  If I had known that maybe it would have allowed me access I would have put like all 40 plus of them.

sigh.