[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Arthmoor

Head bashing indeed. Especially since there's already another mod out there that fulfills this gap in things.

People don't seem to grasp that "it's not a bug" means exactly that. Not broken, so we're not somehow lazy or incompetent because we didn't address it. Cause it wouldn't have been difficult to do so. There wasn't even enough support on our team to say it was an issue that needed to be fixed, let alone among the userbase.

• 1 month later...

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

There is also a new load order required - BOSS is *NOT* yet aware of it:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

[Everything else as usual]

• 2 weeks later...

Beta Update:

• 23 more scripts have had their debug messages silenced. This should put a stop to any further debug trace messages for HF. (Bug #13973)

We're anticipating this to be the last round from here until we go live.

In testing updates from a previously non-Hearthfire v1.6+USKP 1.0.5c I came across an error report:

[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] UHFP 1.0.3 Retroactive Updates Complete
[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] UHFP 1.1.0 Retroactive Updates Complete
[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] Error: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "::temp2"
stack:
    [UHFPRetroactiveFixes111 (0600EF05)].uhfpretroactive111script.Process() - "UHFPRetroactive111Script.psc" Line 22
    [UHFPRetroactiveFixes110 (0600D417)].uhfpretroactive110script.Process() - "UHFPRetroactive110Script.psc" Line 40
    [UHFPRetroactiveFixes103 (0600937C)].uhfpretroactive103script.Process() - "UHFPRetroactive103Script.psc" Line 42
    [UHFPVersionTracking (06009E41)].UHFP_VersionTrackingScript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "UHFP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line 21
    [UHFPVersionTracking (06009E41)].UHFP_VersionTrackingScript.OnInit() - "UHFP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line 15
[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] UHFP 1.1.1 Retroactive Updates Complete
[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] UHFP 1.1.2 Retroactive Updates Complete
[10/24/2013 - 09:05:23PM] UHFP 2.0.0 Retroactive Updates Complete

It's known, but I haven't the slightest idea why it's complaining because it's certainly not a mismatched type. The game is just being stupid.

Version 2.0.0 is now live - loads of fixes, refer to the official changelogs for all the details.

IMPORTANT!

When upgrading, update EVERY unofficial patch you are using AT THE SAME TIME. Simply overwrite the files, run BOSS, and then load your game. Everything should drop into place nicely. Attempting to piecemeal update these patches will result in Bad Things™.

If you are using the beta, you MUST NOT use a save that is currently using it. Reload one from before you began testing so that all of the retroactive fixes will take effect. Failure to do this will result in some fixes being ignored.

Not really much that can be done about that. If one does not build the bedrooms, there's insufficient space anywhere in the house for more beds. Except in the cellar, and even that's iffy.

If you do build the bedrooms it becomes possible to swap ownership on the double bed, but the two child beds would need to be swapped for normal ones and it's a lot harder to manage doing that than you might think with the HF houses. If you ever get the chance to see them in the CK, you'll understand why :P

Can you tell me exactly what the problem is? I mean, my 'wife' goes and stands by the bed, I'm the owner, not sure why she doesn't get in. I looked at it in CK, but couldn't really figure anything out. Nothing was blantanly wrong that I could see.

Oh are you only talking about steward? My problem actually is my WIFE won't get into bed. She walks to the bed at 11PM and then just stands there. She is not my housecarl or steward. It's Aela.

We fixed the wife issue ages ago, make sure you're not running something that's interfering with the ownership changes on that bed.

I'm not running any mod that does anything to that bed. It's the vanilla bed that was added when I built it.

I think I might of found another instance where that bug is taking effect. All I can tell you is, I initially built the cottage but I never added the double bed to it before re-doing it into an entryway for the main hall. That's it. Never added any hearthfire lakeview manor mods.

Can you tell me what the correct setting is, in CK, for the owner of that bed? I checked it before and I thought it was right but I could be wrong as I never did anything to beds in CK.

BTW, I don't have the other 2 DLC's installed yet, if that makes any difference.

I guess you're speaking of this bug and fix:

"The double beds where the player and their spouse sleep in Winstead Manor and Heljarchen Hall were not set as owned by the PlayerBedOwnwership faction which would deny the Well Rested bonus when used. (Bug #5596)"

That isn't the issue I'm having. My spouse Aela won't get into the bed and it's in Lakeview Manor.

Well, taking a hint from this:

"The double beds where the player and their spouse sleep in Winstead Manor and Heljarchen Hall were not set as owned by the PlayerBedOwnwership faction which would deny the Well Rested bonus when used. (Bug #5596)"

I removed the "playerbedownership" from the double bed and changed it to "none" and she instantly started sleeping in the bed. I figure, I'm a werewolf anyway and don't get the well rested bonus so, it's good enough for me. She's finally sleeping in the freakin bed.

That would strongly indicate the spouse you're with wasn't properly added to the right factions by the game. That faction is one the spouse is explicitly added to, which is why I said we fixed the issue.

That would strongly indicate the spouse you're with wasn't properly added to the right factions by the game. That faction is one the spouse is explicitly added to, which is why I said we fixed the issue.

I got rid of the mod I made to fix it and simply added her to the playerbedownership faction and now it's working. Thanks for helping me work through that. :)

Good work.. I started my 2nd character the other day and stuff that was broken with my first character I notice is working now, I'm sure that's you and your group, not Bethesda unfortunately. Thanks again.

It's Polish, isn't it ? Are you sure you don't have a Polish mod ?

EDIT : I can't remember why I posted this, I guess a post above mine has been deleted or edited.

Bug Tracker #12851

I'm the one who "found" and offered up a fix which you replicated.

Original: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35903/?

I've since discovered the real source, after having gotten all those unnecessary trace statements out of the way.

The fragment script (BYOH_QF_BYOHHouseBuilding_0100305D) on the same quest (BYOHHouseBuilding) was reporting an empty property variable (BYOHMaterialLog) and could not finish processing AddInventoryFilter().

I took a stab in the dark and auto-filled that property.  Now without the other change only items added to the player via mod quest at game start get passed through.  Once the inventory filter is established, nothing but sawn logs gets passed through.

Probably a better and more appropriate solution to simply auto-fill that empty property.

• 1 month later...

I have some questions/issues about Erik the Slayer being a steward for Hearthfire.

(1) I don't know if he should be on the list of potential stewards to begin with, because he is a mercenary for hire. Note: The UESP also lists Marcurio (another mercenary) as a candidate, but I've never tried to hire him personally and cannot confirm whether he works.
(2) When he is following you and you approach one of your built homes, the "quest" dialogue (BYOHHouseStewardOfferBranch) does not
always trigger a "forced greeting" like it does for other eligible followers (I can't seem to find a pattern as to why).
(3) The dialogue topic (BYOHHouseHireStewardTopic) to ask him if he would like to be your steward is never available.
(4) It seems weird that he is still available for hire as a mercenary when he becomes your steward. Should this ability be removed if he becomes your steward at one of the three HF homes?
(5) If he has recently been dismissed "from your service" as a mercenary, his steward dialogue options are not available for at least 24 hours afterward, because he continues to say that he wants to go on another adventure and the only option available is to rehire him for free (0 gold).

Edit: See issue #14544

• 2 weeks later...

Gralnach has a stray texture lighting edit in UHFP for the green color from 0.380392 to 0.376471. can easily be seen in tes5edit. not sure where this setting would be in the ck

Maybe a value that the engine doesn't process, or generated exclusively by the devs CK (something like the Note/Scroll and Book/Tome flag ?). The reason why it's been edited is quite unclear, however...