[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Arthmoor

Ok, it did it again - this time I got an Elven helmet. It happens each time I re-enter the cellar. But I left and re-entered and it didn't do it again, so hopefully it has stopped now. Also, I meant to mention that the interior and exterior finally respawned. I don't know if it's just coincidence or the new version caused that. I got another chicken egg and some honeycombs and bees from the aviary. I have the exterior version. Inside, the hanging racks respawned as did the ingredients sitting in various bowls and on various tables and shelves. Also my butter churn finally respawned.

Yes, those USKP messages are normal. I had an OCD moment and fixed some script names because they bothered me.

The respawn thing is a mixed blessing. On the one hand all your stuff in the Greenhouse needs the cell to respawn. On the other hand, your mannequins may not like it if there's bugs in the respawn system. I guess I'd better make sure all the mannequins are marked NOT to respawn.

It is my duty to keep him hopping. I love hopping lizards.

Yes, those USKP messages are normal. I had an OCD moment and fixed some script names because they bothered me.

The respawn thing is a mixed blessing. On the one hand all your stuff in the Greenhouse needs the cell to respawn. On the other hand, your mannequins may not like it if there's bugs in the respawn system. I guess I'd better make sure all the mannequins are marked NOT to respawn.

Not to mention all the containers. Everything seems fine with the containers so far.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of issues with Lakeview Manor.

First some overlapping wall decorations:

Second, I've heard of climbing the walls, but this is ridiculous:

lol, is that a mannequin up there? :P

The house thing, was that after converting to an entry way? That whole pile of stuff is a mess to decipher.

Yep, all decked out in his Orcish armour. The first time I went upstairs, he was partially embedded in the banister. Next time, he scooted up to the rafters.

Yes, that was after converting to an entryway. I didn't do much with the original house, but I think I did add some storage containers.

FWIW, that overlapping decoration does that in all the houses, not just lakeview. It's activated by the barrels, which stay when the small house is converted to an entryway. Not sure how much this counts for elegance, but I was able to "fix" it, but setting it to the same enable parent as the other original wall basket (an upper chair, which is part of the square table with chairs).

Since I'm here: the small house bed in Hjaalmarch doesn't have the player bed ownership applied.

• 5 weeks later...

i adoted a child but she wont come home she say yes? and hello and i have child beds and chest and removed workbench and try "moveto" noting works.

i have found one say

"That said, there is a glitch that causes NPC's to not recognize the
house exists. If you have second house, and you ask them to move, only
one house will be on the list. The other one will simply not appear.
As far as I know, there is no fix."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64203612

noting more

• 2 weeks later...

UHFP beta 1.1.0 is up. See second post for details.

I doubt I need to caution about this, but just in case. DO NOT USE 1.1.0 with game version 1.8. You will regret it six ways to Sunday and back.

That said, if you're on the 1.9 beta now, you should be using the 1.1.0 beta. If you have the other DLCs as well, grab the betas for them too. Make damn sure your load order is good or things are going to get messy fast.

Translators, the DLC patches will be needing their string files as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1.0 is now live.

Note that German and Italian translation updates WERE NOT PROVIDED so support for those languages will not be working correctly. We had no choice. This update had to go out.

If you're using one of those languages, your game is going to crash on load. Sorry, but making sure the patches stay in sync with major game updates outweighed this.

The house thing, was that after converting to an entry way? That whole pile of stuff is a mess to decipher.

I would also like to confirm this bug.  You get the overlapping wall decoration when adding the "shelves" to the entry way AFTER converting the small house to entryway.  Can also confirm the barrels are left behind which, I believe, is the main culprit.

• 3 weeks later...

The fixed railings for the bug 9682 are now too long. This was reported by a modder who wanted to use the house for his mod. Should I file a new ticket for this or amend the existing one? Or is this a non-issue?

In the CK this tower is sheared off on one side, making it ideal for a mod I am building as it enables access from a walkway to the roof.

All was fine and it was looking good. I loaded on the latest version of the Hearthfire Unofficial Patch and now  there are phantom textures of the tower balustrade crossing my access route....no meshes so they can be walked through but it looks very odd.
I have done all the usual things with the mods - the phantom textures don't show on a mod free, patch free save. ... They wern't there in the previous version of this patch. I see in your list of fixed things that you have altered the balustrades but it looks like its just had an extra phantom one added where it doesn't belong as there is no mesh for it and its rather longer than it needs to be for just closing a small gap.

The fixed railings for the bug 9682 are now too long. This was reported by a modder who wanted to use the house for his mod. Should I file a new ticket for this or amend the existing one? Or is this a non-issue?

Non-issue. The fix fixes the bug of the railings not long enough for the vanilla house and leaving gaps.

They could pull the vanilla mesh out of the bsa, rename it and make a copy of the static piece in the CK and add to their mod so it's not overridden by UHFP.

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to report this one for a while... The railing on the patios is not removed when the east wing is the armory and the north wing is the storage room. The other side with the west wing being the bedrooms is fine.

gallery_1_15_108113.jpg

Could you upload a savegame for this or give the ID of that railing? Arthmoor has tried to reproduce this earlier without success (see Bug #5635). With affected savegame to test with, he could perhaps find the cause. Also, you wouldn't happen to remember in which order you built your house would you?

I've got a gazillion saved games. :P I'll go through and see if I can find the series where I was building the house to see what order I did things. I really don't remember. I'll also package up a couple and post them.

Oh. This thing. There's been more than one and I thought for sure we fixed one. This one is the one I couldn't reproduce. No matter how many ways I tried, that railing was nowhere to be seen each time once the combination was in place.

Debugging these house scripts is a total nightmare though. I really can't see how Bethesda managed to do all this without producing something utterly broken.

Well I've got some saves for you. In fact it's rather embarrassing. :D Clearly I am a compulsive saver.

I built the north wing first. Then I built the east wing. I've got tons of saves all through the entire process. So the saves I'll send are right after the north wing was built. Then the east wing was started and then the third is with the east wing finished. The railing was not removed, so you can see the bug.

It's also possible you guys did fix it and the fix isn't retroactive. These saves are from March. Where should I upload them? The archive is 5 MB.

You can upload them to this site on Downloads - Unofficial Patch Project - Files for Fixes.