[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Arthmoor

BYOHHouse1InteriorRoom10Part060MountedHeadElkAntlers01 is Static. As such, it shouldn't need the Don't Havok Settle flag, but that may help fix the problem.

It has no scripts. It isn't a startup item. It has nothing to do with weapon racks.

It is Initially Disabled, and has no enable parent. Instead, it is handled by BYOHHouseFalkreath.

It is mounted too high on the wall, and sticks through the floor above. It isn't actually over a door, but on the big post between two potential doors. My guess is the havok attempts to get the antlers out of the floor above, and it drops to the floor below.

That makes sense, perhaps it's a simple case of poor design. Matches up well with the rest of the game :P

Perhaps the best way to fix the problem is to not make it an option for that part of the house, simply remove the recipe and retroactively disabling it if it was already made. Unless we maybe make it smaller? Moving it down anymore and then it messes with the doors

Having bandits/wolves/giants spawn at your homestead is not a bug, it's a feature (Ha! :P ) and it was advertised with the HF trailer before launch. 

I 100% agree. Hearthfire brings your spouse kidnapping feature, as it was 'missing' from the vanilla game. All the related voice actings are included in Hearthfire bsa archive only.

Having bandits/wolves/giants spawn at your homestead is not a bug, it's a feature (Ha! :P ) and it was advertised with the HF trailer before launch. 

Well I can accept having bandits or wolves respawning there, but come on giants or even worse a dragon and dare any of them hurting the kids or my wife (I haven't decided yet about marriage). :bat:

Of course if there are misc quests for each kidnapping, which it makes it more interesting to play on after the MQ is completed.

Giants, wolves, and bandits are the 3 encounter types you can run into at your house. It's definitely not a bug, but yes, it can be annoying if you're not in the mood for it :P

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't know if the corpse of the skeevers are gone once the interior cell has respawn.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention this and is probably already fixed or have I miss something.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention this and is probably already fixed or have I miss something.

We've had some reports about the railings not disabling, like Bug #5635, but thus far have been unable to reproduce the issue.

Could the building order of each wing have trigger this issue or does all required wings need to be built?

I can go back to an older save and build each wing in different order.  According to UESP there are only three buildings that connect each other once the manor is finished.

Armory: Includes an exterior patio area on the roof.

Storage Room: Includes an exterior patio area on the roof.

Bedrooms: Includes an exterior patio area on the roof.

When I built Lakeview Manor I started to build north wing (storage room) first then the kitchen (I wanted to have the only available oven in-game) as east wing and finally the west wing as bedrooms.

We've checked all that already Leo. All of the actual coding in the script is 100% correct. I've never been able to reproduce the error on a test setup, so the only thing I can attribute it to is script lag.

The railing failed to disable at Heljarchin Hall for me as well on my last playthrough when I built all three additions together with a patio. Selecting the non-disabled railing with the console and typing 'disable' fixed the problem for me.

Understood, but again, I can't fix something that only breaks because of lag.

UHFP 2.0.3 is out - there will be no beta release for this update since the changes made are considered low risk and were tested as they were implemented.

The railing failed to disable at Heljarchin Hall for me as well on my last playthrough when I built all three additions together with a patio. Selecting the non-disabled railing with the console and typing 'disable' fixed the problem for me.

So you're saying that if I did the same thing with the railing issue in Lakeview Manor I could get rid of the "extra" railing by selecting it then in the console type "disable" (without quotes).  Correct?

We've had some reports about the railings not disabling, like Bug #5635, but thus far have been unable to reproduce the issue.

You know I tried Pete's method to *fix* it via the console by clicking on it then type "disable" and that worked, so that's easy to correct for yourself. ;)

Yes, it's an easy fix with the console and I'm glad to hear that you fixed it for yourself. At the time, I was more interested in preventing it from occurring, which now seems isn't going to happen. So, let's just be happy that it's reasonably rare and easy to fix :)

• 2 months later...

Version 2.0.4 of the UHFP is up. No beta period this run as the changes are considered trivial enough to not need one.

Thanks for the update mate. :)

Are you and the team of course starting to see the end of updating UHFP?

It would seem that way, aside from any lingering placement and text errors, but even those are going to be pretty limited in what's left.

In fact, the DLCs in general have been running out of fixable bugs for the last couple of versions. Even with the amount of time in between cycles for them their changelogs are barely a screen page long, whereas the vanilla game continues to rack up multiple pages with each cycle. It could end up becoming a situation where only the vanilla patch gets updated because there's nothing left for the DLCs to fix, or the DLCs end up skipping several cycles, or whatever.

Arthmoor, if I nearly never submitted any issue or fix for Dragonborn this is because I still haven't played it...  :imp:

You say that now, but stuff will always rear their heads. Remember the Oblivion patches

Yes, but look at the changelogs. Every 6 months to an update, barely half a screen worth of stuff, and it's been this way for 2 years now.

The upcoming one will have a larger number of updates than usual, but only because someone spent a bunch of time tracking down a whole lot of misplaced objects and reported them. There hasn't been anything major happen with OB bugs in ages. SI and the DLCs didn't even get updated on some of the recent update runs.

• 1 month later...

UHFP 2.0.5 is released. There will be no beta period as the change set was too small to need it.

• 1 month later...

UHFP 2.0.6 is released. Due to the small size of the changelog, there was no need for a beta period.