[WIPz:Oblivion] AFK_Arena

Dwip

So, now that you got 3v3 combats working properly again, I trust that you also have 1v1 & 2v2 working right too now?As for randomly choosing targets from the enemy team, that would be more realistic, it might even work out that sometimes the attacks end up tag teaming each of their opponents (think bull-rush or flanking/pincer maneuvers) from time to time too, which is a perfectly plausible tactic in group combat of that sort.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

1v1 always worked right. 2v2 now works by extension. Same bug for everything.And I continue to ponder the random thing. For the moment, high stakes betting.

Allow me to continue to note that the ability to look at what you want to do, go "Man, I really need $MODEL!" and then create same is incredibly enjoyable and freeing.

I'll take your word for it, I rather feel that way more so about figuring out how to make something happen in C from pure concept to working model. :shrug:;)

Cluttering continues to be god damned annoying as fuck. However.Which is sort of to say that if anybody has any ideas for arena-themed tavern names, now's probably the time.Query to Hanaisse: Whatever happened with your dice game thing?

Cluttering is always a pain, I feel for you on that. The tavern looks good though so there you go :)

It's plain old standard BTMod. The bar is weapon condition. Alas, it doesn't track enchantment, so you can get surprised running of charges from time to time. Still my favorite UI mod. I think there's a Darnified version if you swing that way, but I couldn't tell you more.

I don't know about cluttering in-game, in real life cluttering seems to be way too easy from my experience... your tavern screen shot's a little dark for my laptop's monitor, but otherwise your tavern's looking pretty good, if a wee bit dead (where's the crowd?).

Which is sort of to say that if anybody has any ideas for arena-themed tavern names' date=' now's probably the time.[/quote']The Victor's ChaliceDrowned in DefeatThe One-handed ArcherDrowning DefeatTag Team TavernHammer and AnvilPurple PincerScarlet SandsThe Inn between Bouts(How many of these would you like, and how bad do you want the puns to be?)

Which is sort of to say that if anybody has any ideas for arena-themed tavern names' date=' now's probably the time.[/quote']The Victor's ChaliceDrowned in DefeatThe One-handed ArcherDrowning DefeatTag Team TavernHammer and AnvilPurple PincerScarlet SandsThe Inn between Bouts(How many of these would you like' date=' and how bad do you want the puns to be?[/i'])
That last one hurts me a lot.
Happy I could bringa grimmace to your face.. ;)So, you didn't answer the question though.. :P

I second the light could be upped a bit in there. Unless you're going for the shady back-alley feel.The Victor's Chalice sounds kinda cool. But could you go in if you lose? :PThe Better's ChoiceArena Alehouse(that's all I got so far)The dice game, yeah. It's pretty much been put aside. I need to tweak the animation slightly, and of course, the scripting to be done. Why do you ask? (she said, knowingly)

Why wouldn't you be able to go in if you lost, it just would mean that you wouldn't be entitled to a celebratory free drought. ;)

It's actually lighter in there than it looks, but yeah, the idea is that it's supposed to be pretty low class rough tavernish. So name appropriately.And of course I'm asking because if there was ever a spot to stick a shady dice game, well. ;)

Just so the suggestions so far are easier to follow:

Which is sort of to say that if anybody has any ideas for arena-themed tavern names' date=' now's probably the time.[...']the idea is that it's supposed to be pretty low class rough tavernish. So name appropriately.
The Victor's Chalice Drowned in Defeat The One-handed Archer Drowning Defeat Tag Team Tavern Hammer and Anvil Purple Pincer Scarlet Sands The Inn between Bouts
The Better's Choice Arena Alehouse
The Brawling Barman Bawling Betsy The Gauntleted Goblet The Broken Mace The Drunken Dodger The Dangerous Dancer Roughened Tumbler
Champion's Thirst

I'll be keeping everyone's name suggestions in mind. Haven't decided what I want yet.The NPC AI stuff is probably going to be even worse, considering there are like 15 NPCs in there. Ah well. At least I think I've managed to talk myself off the ledge of going super Copper Coronetish and adding in a backroom area with a skooma den and brothel. A few other tricks to play, though.

For an arena tavern, I'm not sure the brothel is entirely out of place. I certainly wouldn't duplicate another tavern in-game more closely than you can help, and I don't think a skooma den would benefit arena fighters who can barely honestly afford to be getting drunk while they've still got fights to deal with. 15 NPCs, is that going to be a bit crowded or is the tavern considerably bigger than the pic implied?As for the names, just let us know if you still need more to choose from. I enjoy trying to be clever and come up with names sometimes.. ;)