[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

USSEP Version 4.3.2 has been released for public beta. Second post has the details.

I'd like to draw particular attention to the first listed issue - the lowercase filenames.About a month ago I had a brief conversation with a user who goes by "RacerBG" on the LOOT server. They mentioned that on Steam Deck and linux systems, dealing with the mixed case filenames many mods expect to see, using various tools and managers on these platforms becomes a nightmare because their filesystems are all case sensitive. So "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp" is not the same thing to them as "unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp". Since many of the users on both of these platforms will be using things downloaded from Bethesda.net, and Bethesda.net does everything in lowercase filenames, we made the decision to go ahead and set the filenames to all lowercase. On a Windows system, this will make no difference at all as NTFS is case-insensitive and Microsoft likely has no plans to change this.

What would be greatly appreciated is if folks who are setting USSEP as a master could set that up with an all lowercase filename to point to as this will make things a lot easier in the long run. It's a big ask, but I'm sure players on those platforms would greatly appreciate the effort.

I intend to start the process of doing this with all of my own mods as well and will make this an exception to the normal update routine and include my Nexus downloads in this so as not to leave inconsistent distributions lying around.

USSEP version 4.3.2 has been released. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2024 at 2:32 PM, Arthmoor said:

I'd like to draw particular attention to the first listed issue - the lowercase filenames.

In doing a rename utility for the Skyrim directories, do the My Games\Skyrim\.. ones have to be included? Looks like it's set up a bit differently, so maybe not.

USSEP 4.3.3 is now available. First post has the details.

12 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

USSEP 4.3.3 is now available. First post has the details.

Is it safe to install the update in the middle of a playthrough or should I stick with 4.3.2 for the game I'm currently playing?

Hello, thank you very much for your contribution, a question, I have the PS4 HEN version, is there a way to download the USSEP to be able to install this version without going through Beteshda.net?

image.png.b3741ed31c96d03b35e49de9692607de.png