[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

Version question for Bethesda.net. It appears that both an Xbox and and Xbox/PC version of USSEP are available. Does that mean there is a cross platform version available?

Quick question as this doesn't seem abundantly clear to me. The Nexus page states that it requires Skyrim SE v1.6.1130 and that this also includes the GoG version, yet the currently available GoG version is still on v1.6.659.0.8.

I'm currently still running the Steam version at v1.5.9.7 as I never bothered to update to the pre-AE patch, thankfully, but I'm considering switching over to the GoG version that I purchased recently. What is the real deal with the version mismatches here, or am I not understanding something properly? Is this compatible with v1.6.659.0.8? Thanks. 

On Nexus, you'll find the GOG copy listed under "Old Files". This will be temporarily available there until Bethesda updates the GoG copies to the current game version.

30 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

On Nexus, you'll find the GOG copy listed under "Old Files". This will be temporarily available there until Bethesda updates the GoG copies to the current game version.

Hey, thank you for the lightning fast response and answer! I didn't hit the little blue arrow to expand the description on alternate file like a big dummy. I'll go ahead and download it now and save it on external storage like I did with the 1.5.9.7 version. I appreciate everything you folks do with this mod very much. 

Edited by Shardz

• 2 months later...

All I can ask if it’s just bug fixes whys it over 200mb’s on Xbox?  I mean is there a lot of bloat or something just doesn’t make sense

1 hour ago, XGC Archerfan said:

All I can ask if it’s just bug fixes whys it over 200mb’s on Xbox?  I mean is there a lot of bloat or something just doesn’t make sense

Meshes and Textures fixes have the heaviest impact on the storage print, if that's what you mean. It's a fact, and sadly nothing can go against that... So, it's not the real problem. I rather have the feeling that your problem is the limited storage available for mods on Xbox. Unfortunately we have no power, competence or legitimity to argue about this... Only microsoft has.

• 2 weeks later...

In the solitude prison where you can escape, where you must break the wall there are editor markers which are marking the "stonefall" animation 

• Sigurð Stormhand changed the title to [Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
  • Sigurð Stormhand pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

It's been awhile since we've run one, but USSEP version 4.3.1 is available for public beta. The second post has the details.

From what I can see, a file is missing:

lodsettings/labyrinthianmazeworld.lod

Weird. I think that's like the 3rd time that file failed to pack for some reason despite being in the build folder. It should be there now. I checked. Twice :P

Book2ReligiousAlduinAkatoshDichotomy (000ED04B): double "by"

[pagebreak]
<p align="center">

The Alduin/Akatosh Dichotomy

by
By Alexandre Simon
High Priest of the Akatosh Chantry, Wayrest
</p>

[snap...]

Out of curiosity, were a number of duplicate FX (STAT & MSTT) light, dust, fire, etc. records intended to be disabled in the 4.3.1 beta? I only ask because it can be easy to get the wrong reference when selecting objects. There are way too many to list, but here are just a few as examples: 0006ECD5, 000AD65A, 000726F4, 00068803, 020039F1, 0200CB82, 0403B541.

There were some other references that were disabled, like idle and patrol markers, although I can't recall where they're located at the moment. To be honest, I forgot to check a bunch of them to be sure they're actually duplicates, but I would assume that this was already done.

Edit: I've more or less answered my own questions, so you can disregard this post. It looks like (from the ones I've checked) that they are duplicates. Whoever it was that noticed all of those must have spent a heck of a lot of time looking.

Edited by BlackPete

If someone has time, maybe they can explain to me why the log displays these warnings after upgrading from 4.3.0a to the 4.3.1 beta. I've been leaving the logs off but decided to turn them on temporarily to test the beta. These types of warnings  are usually harmless, but I wanted to check given that, as far as I know, some of these quests weren't changed in 4.3.1 (ex. MS11).

[04/15/2024 - 12:51:41PM] warning: Property AchievementsQuest on script QF_MS11_0001F7A3 attached to MS11 (0001F7A3) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:41PM] warning: Property DA13s14Marker on script QF_DA13_0008998D attached to DA13 (0008998D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:41PM] warning: Property dunBthardamzQST on script QF_DA13_0008998D attached to DA13 (0008998D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Property AchievementsQuest on script QF_MS11_0001F7A3 attached to MS11 (0001F7A3) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Property DA13s14Marker on script QF_DA13_0008998D attached to DA13 (0008998D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Property dunBthardamzQST on script QF_DA13_0008998D attached to DA13 (0008998D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Variable ::DA13s14Marker_var on script QF_DA13_0008998D loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Variable ::dunBthardamzQST_var on script QF_DA13_0008998D loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:47PM] warning: Variable ::AchievementsQuest_var on script QF_MS11_0001F7A3 loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:48PM] warning: Variable ::DLC01FalmerValley_var on script udgp_retroactive124script loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.
[04/15/2024 - 12:51:48PM] warning: Variable ::RidableWorldSpaces_var on script udgp_retroactive124script loaded from save not found within the actual object. This variable will be skipped.

Edited by BlackPete

The only two that should be missing are the last 2 in that log since Bethesda fixed that information in an official patch at some point so the old UDGP retro fix was no longer needed.

The rest indicate you've got something installed that's overwriting some quests as we didn't mess with anything on MS11 or DA13 this time around.

Thanks for checking on those. It turns out that there isn't anything overriding or conflicting. The problem is with my save(s) from an older game playthrough, which I probably shouldn't have been using for testing anyway because they were from Steam's version of SSE. There seem to be differing opinions on whether saves are cross-compatible between the GoG and Steam versions of SSE. Anyway, the saves from my current playthrough (which was started last month while using 4.3.0) only display the last two warnings in the log after updating to the 4.3.1 beta.

Edited by BlackPete

Version 4.3.1 is now live. Enjoy!

I'm out of modding Skyrim at the moment, but I always enjoy reading the latest patch notes. Reminds me of working on my house. It never ends, it just gets more granular. They're also a good answer to the people on Reddit (yeah, I know) who claim Bethesda has never fixed a single bug. 

Hi Arthmoor,

I wanted to report some more oddities since downloading USSEP from the new consolidated page the other day.  As I said in the other thread, everything seemed fine at that point.  The next time I logged into the game (yesterday, XBox One), I discovered an update for the USSEP in the Creations menu.  Thinking that meant the version I had didn't include the recent update, I tried to download it but it didn't seem to work.  Nevertheless, when the game restarted, I had version 4.3.1 installed.  I also had orange rectangles in the rivers outside Whiterun wherever there were salmon present!  Not the orange blocks that I've heard about from back when, just orange outlines,  I restarted the game and they were gone.  Today when I logged in, they were back.  I deleted USSEP, restarted the XBox and the game, and downloaded it again with no problems.  The orange rectangles are gone (at least for now).  However, according to my Load Order I have version 1.00 of the USSEP., not 4.3.1.  When I checked Bethesda.net, though, sure enough, version 1.00 is the one available, and the page also says USSEP was updated again today.

I hope everything is fixed with my game now, but even if it is, could you tell me what's going on with the versions, and why I ended up with orange rectangles around the salmon (and perhaps what I might have done wrong, if I did do anything wrong)?

Thanks!

The orange rectangles happen because those assets have editor markers on them. Bethesda has a bug in the game on console where those markers show up on any edited mesh that has them. It's easily worked around by adding a hidden flag to them but ultimately the issue is due to their bug.

We uploaded an update to correct this yesterday. Not sure why the version number isn't correct but that's a site issue we have no control over.