Sharlikran

I don't want to explain it, sorry.

I am wondering if you can try something for me though, when you have time. I don't know if I can explain it very well though but I will try. I would like to know what happens if you download the latest code, copy the mopy folder to wherever you have it outside of the Morrowind folder, and I want you to use the mlox.py that comes with the current code.

Another way to look at it would be to copy the files from the Wrye Mash source code to the Mopy folder, then install current.mlox.zip but don't use the mlox.py file that comes with it. I want you to use the file that I am now including (temporarily) with the current code.

Do you get the same error as you did in this post.

51 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

I don't want to explain it, sorry.

That's okay with me. :)

You mean overwrite what I have there now?  Sure, no problem.

I'll post my result later this evening.

Never mind, there was an issue in their file.  Please test but I will be revering my changes because it was an error in their file.  However, going forward, they have converted mlox to Python 3 now. So as they continue to develop things what will happen is if they ever break things so that the old 2.7.x version of mlox, the one I have in the current.mlox.zip wont work any more, then you will have to sort using the Utilities tab and running mlox as an external program.

Like I said earlier, I am here to help you out by testing the code and I won't give up that easily.

12 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

However, going forward, they have converted mlox to Python 3 now. So as they continue to develop things what will happen is if they ever break things so that the old 2.7.x version of mlox, the one I have in the current.mlox.zip wont work any more, then you will have to sort using the Utilities tab and running mlox as an external program.

Well, if the code for mlox break things in WMSA then why not using the Utilities tab when sorting my loadorder and doing that does not bother me at all. :)

Okay then for now test with the current code, see if it still works with current.mlox.zip the way it always has, and as long as they have not broken it yet, then we can just move forward. Only if it breaks in the future, then we can change the documentation and explain that mlox is updated to Python 3 and until Wrye Mash is Python 3 as well, then mlox has to run from the Utilities tab. I think that will be the best way to plan how to handle the changes.

1 minute ago, Sharlikran said:

Only if it breaks in the future, then we can change the documentation and explain that mlox is updated to Python 3 and until Wrye Mash is Python 3 as well, then mlox has to run from the Utilities tab. I think that will be the best way to plan how to handle the changes.

I concur.

29 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Never mind, there was an issue in their file.  Please test but I will be revering my changes because it was an error in their file. 

Is this the issue you were referring to?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mash\masher.py", line 5897, in Execute
    self.window.Refresh(fileName)
  File "mash\masher.py", line 951, in Refresh
    self.PopulateItem(files, selected=selected)
  File "mash\masher.py", line 990, in PopulateItem
    if not mosh.mwIniFile.isWellOrdered(fileName):
  File "mash\mosh.py", line 2389, in isWellOrdered
    return not self.isDoubleTimeFileLoaded(loadFile)
  File "mash\mosh.py", line 2358, in isDoubleTimeFileLoaded
    if self.doubleTime[modInfos[fileName].mtime]:
KeyError: 1509223857.861923

I got this error, however, after I had sorted my loadorder and closed mlox then I merged the levelled lists into the Mashed Lists.esp, but I did something else I dunno what I did then I saw the Output window for that error.

See if you can figure it out. Because that's the same thing that I was trying to fix once before.  You aren't doing anything wrong, it's just that Wrye Mash tries to update that list of files with the same date all the time and sometimes it does it too often. The last one I fixed they were uninstalling file, then updating that after each file, then after all the files were uninstalled they updated it again. It just happens too often.

Take your time, I'm not in a hurry, however, I'm going to be waiting on you I don't have that error.  But even if you don't get to it until this weekend, whatever. thanks again.

I can't reproduce that error you mentioned.

• Sort mods with Mlox
  • Import Merged Lists

In addition to that when I look at the error, it starts with the Merged Lists routine. That's its origin. meaning that after it finished it went to refresh the Mods tab.

Question. I finally used the Merge Lists routine. Is the header of my Merge Lists.esp supposed to have the masters of the files like Wrye Bash? because this is the report I got.

Merged Item Lists:
l_n_rings
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
random_exquisite_de_fclothes1
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
random_exquisite_de_mclothes1
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
wlfgRndJwlRng
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp

Also grab the latest Python code I made a tweak to the description comparison.

I still get an error after importing the levelled lists into the Mashed Lists.esp and the summary of it gets listed, but aside for that yes pretty much what I got too.  Note that I didn't sorted my loadorder with mlox, only touched the Mashed Lists.esp.

Spoiler

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mash\masher.pyo", line 5897, in Execute
  File "mash\masher.pyo", line 951, in Refresh
  File "mash\masher.pyo", line 990, in PopulateItem
  File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 2389, in isWellOrdered
  File "mash\mosh.pyo", line 2358, in isDoubleTimeFileLoaded
KeyError: 1509223857.861922

Merged Item Lists:
l_n_rings
  Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
random_exquisite_de_fclothes1
  Sleepers Robe.esp
  More Exquisite Clothes.esp
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
  Exquisite Robes II.esp
random_exquisite_de_mclothes1
  More Exquisite Clothes.esp
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp
  Exquisite Robes II.esp
wlfgRndJwlRng
  LotsOfRings.esp
  LotsOfRingsPlus.esp

I think that's related to the Unicode stuff, which hasn't been translated from ANSI to Unicode.  But I could be wrong though.

It seems your latest changes in the code fixed the error I previously got after the summary of importing the levelled lists into the Mashed Lists.esp was listed.  Everything seems to be working with the Python version as far I can tell. :)

Nice job Sharlikran! :horker:

That's great but what concerns me is I didn't fix anything related to the error you reported. I fixed how the plugin header is generated and how the description field is decoded/encoded.  I doesn't effect the double time routine.

55 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

That's great but what concerns me is I didn't fix anything related to the error you reported.

Actually, the latest code did in fact fixed the error I got since there is no Wrye Mash.exe log generated in the Mopy folder.  If it matters I also installed both versions (Python, exe) in different folders like this.

Python - Outside of Morrowind

EXE - In the original Morrowind\Mopy folder

Despite that I don't have the Wrye Mash.exe.log file generated in the Morrowind\Mopy nor do I have a error log file in the G:\Wrye Mash\Mopy folder.  So I think you fixed the error I got. :)

Okay, but if it comes up again let me know because the error has to do with refreshing the double time array.  It's just either not refreshed at the right time or refreshed too often as I mentioned.  I'm glad it's working better.

You can be sure I'll let you know.  What else does a tester need to do except for testing something. :P

Yes, I think so. :)

There is one thing I would like you to know is how the translation of the code to Unicode progress, because the way I see it the conversion to Unicode affect the purpose of the mash.ini file.

When you started with this project the mash.ini hasn't changed since Melchor released his WMSA and AFAIK Yacoby didn't touched the mash.ini file until you forked Yacoby's WMSA.  What I refer to is this...

Right now the mash.ini file only have one line...

[General]
sinstallersdir = G:\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind Mods\Mash Installers

...when the mash_default.ini have these lines.  Note that I deleted the unnecessary lines when I copied everything.

[General]
sInstallersData=G:\Games\steamapps\common\Morrowind Mods\Installers Data
sInstallersDir=G:\Games\steamapps\common\Morrowind Mods\Mash Installers
sMorrowindPath=G:\Games\steamapps\common\Morrowind
benableunicode=True
benableutf8=True

Shouldn't the mash.ini file have five lines instead of how it is now only one line, otherwise the Unicode conversion seems incomplete to me.  The three first lines is set via the green disk icon button and the other two lines is about the Unicode for WMSA.

Besides what is the point of having a mash_default.ini file when most stuff in it aren't being used in WMSA or am I mistaken here.

Aside for that, what is the next step?

That's understandable. What I would like to do though is sort of go off of what I said already. I'm undecided what to do and I don't want to make a hasty decision because of how it makes things look.  Currently there is no correlation between Unicode and the contents of the INI file. So for the INI file I understand and I'll update or remove that at some point.

Aside from that nothing. I just need to ass a lot of letter 'u' all over the place when I have time.

If I may suggest one thing that I think could be added into the code for WMSA is the "imported <something> into a mod" feature when rebuilding the bashed patch in Oblivion.

What I mean is the green dot symbol that's visible when activating the bashed patch.

Do you think that can done for the Mashed Lists.esp, let a mod(s) show a green dot if the levelled lists has been imported, in WMSA after doing this (the first picture and don't worry about the link because it's due to this issue?

Leonardo how dos this EXE work for you?

Check the (?) from the menu bar, I added some basic notes for the three different files between Melchor's WMSA and this version.  I also added information on the old and new locations of the installers folders.  See if the Swedish text appears when moving a file when they are not sorted by modified.

3 hours ago, Sharlikran said:

Leonardo how dos this EXE work for you?

Check the (?) from the menu bar, I added some basic notes for the three different files between Melchor's WMSA and this version.  I also added information on the old and new locations of the installers folders.  See if the Swedish text appears when moving a file when they are not sorted by modified.

It works fine, but the Swedish text does not show when moving a mod without having the "sorting a loadorder by Modified" setting enabled. 

Also, the updated Wrye Mash readme is overall good, but could be improved a bit.  For example, in the Installation section make it clearer about the Python version vs EXE version by mention both alternatives like this.

Installation

"Get and Install for the Python version of Wrye Mash" (now it says only Get and Install)

Doesn't need to change anything for the EXE version in the currently Wrye Mash readme.  Maybe mention the EXE version before what's required for Python and let the rest be as it is.

I notice that the Wrye Mash Setting window now show what the .dat files is for and that's a good idea, but showing the file extensions for various archives in the Wrye Mash Setting window could instead be mentioned in the Package Commands>>Archive Info section just to let the user know what mod files WMSA currently support.  Showing the file extensions there makes the Wrye Mash Setting window a little too cluttered IMO.  The other file extensions is good to have there tough.

You forgot to mention the "*.bsa" file extension for the Data Files setting in the Wrye Mash Setting window.

Because IIRC the original Wrye Mash 84 didn't handled mp3 files properly and I asked Yacoby about it (sorry no link due to a closed forum and a broken search) and later he added support for mp3 files in his WMSA.

It's not to indicate supported files, but the type of files you might find there. I wouldn't want to have a complete list of possible files.  I'll see if I can make it a tooltip instead.

Do you have a "l10n" folder in your Mopy folder, and inside that do you have a Swedish.pkl file?