[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

WrinklyNinja

Hey, this is related to Oblivion. I have a request. There's this mod, Variant Vagabonds, that adds much more diversity to like bandits, conjurers and other classes. The issue is that this mod edits leveled lists heavily and henceforth isn't compatible with a lot of overhauls outright without making use of a Bashed Patch. I'm using this with Ascension and the author of Ascension suggested that using LOOT, it should impart all the correct BashTags to Variant Vagabond's esp but it doesn't. There was a guide to remove some wild edits from the esp which I did follow but again, no BashTags are imparted to the esp.

So, can you please look into this? If possible, please add the correct BashTags to this esp in the masterlist, I'd greatly appreciate it <3

10 minutes ago, Stewbs said:

Hey, this is related to Oblivion. I have a request. There's this mod, Variant Vagabonds, that adds much more diversity to like bandits, conjurers and other classes. The issue is that this mod edits leveled lists heavily and henceforth isn't compatible with a lot of overhauls outright without making use of a Bashed Patch. I'm using this with Ascension and the author of Ascension suggested that using LOOT, it should impart all the correct BashTags to Variant Vagabond's esp but it doesn't. There was a guide to remove some wild edits from the esp which I did follow but again, no BashTags are imparted to the esp.

So, can you please look into this? If possible, please add the correct BashTags to this esp in the masterlist, I'd greatly appreciate it <3

I did read up on BashTags a while ago and it is generally suggested that tags only be added when necessary. If a mod doesn't need them then they shouldn't be added. Having this in mind, I tried the Bash Tags autodetection script in xEdit and it added no tags so, do you think this could be the case with Variant Vagabonds?  and why the tags aren't added? (If any are even necessary). I'd really appreciate it if you cleared this up for me!

Edited by Stewbs
Formatting and grammatical errors

@Stewbs, IIRC, the autodetection script bundled with xEdit is heavily outdated. I believe there's a more up-to-date one out there, but the most it can tell you is if a tag technically can by applied. A subjective judgement still needs to be made about whether those applicable tags should be applied. This requires knowledge of Wrye Bash's tagging system as well as some understanding of how the mod works & what changes need to be preserved. As for this mod in particular, all it does to leveled lists is add entries which are handled by the Bashed Patch automatically, so no tags for the plugin are necessary (nor were they ever added to the plugin in LOOT for this reason). Building a Bashed Patch will automatically add back leveled list entries added by this mod if they're overwritten.

8 minutes ago, sibir said:

@Stewbs, IIRC, the autodetection script bundled with xEdit is heavily outdated. I believe there's a more up-to-date one out there, but the most it can tell you is if a tag technically can by applied. A subjective judgement still needs to be made about whether those applicable tags should be applied. This requires knowledge of Wrye Bash's tagging system as well as some understanding of how the mod works & what changes need to be preserved. As for this mod in particular, all it does to leveled lists is add entries which are handled by the Bashed Patch automatically, so no tags for the plugin are necessary (nor were they ever added to the plugin in LOOT for this reason). Building a Bashed Patch will automatically add back leveled list entries added by this mod if they're overwritten.

Alrighty, I see. Thank you so much for clearing this up for me, I can't tell you how much of a relief this is for me to hear!
As for the tags, I agree! I only used the script to see if it'd give me any idea of what should be done as I was worried it'd conflict with the leveled lists Ascension adds, once again, thanks for clearing this up!

Edited by Stewbs
Adding some extra context

• 2 weeks later...

I really do not know where to start other than reinstalling everything for FO4 following "The Method" as prescribed by the xEdit authors. RE: CTD's And something about red walls. I assume it is the pages of red I see in the xEdit output. And I mean pages.

I did run Loot - part of MO2, and somewhere it said/stated to post the report here. RE: why I am here.

Do I post the report or is it better  to pastebin and then post a link?  Any help would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, mathmatically_stumped said:

I really do not know where to start other than reinstalling everything for FO4 following "The Method" as prescribed by the xEdit authors. RE: CTD's And something about red walls. I assume it is the pages of red I see in the xEdit output. And I mean pages.

I did run Loot - part of MO2, and somewhere it said/stated to post the report here. RE: why I am here.

Do I post the report or is it better  to pastebin and then post a link?  Any help would be appreciated.

This is the LOOT forum, not a general modding or xEdit forum. We can only provide support for LOOT. If you're experiencing an issue with LOOT, or want to request additions/changes to one of the masterlists, feel free, but we can't help you with errors reported by xEdit or CTDs. That kind of thing would be better asked in a general modding forum.

14 hours ago, sibir said:

This is the LOOT forum, not a general modding or xEdit forum. We can only provide support for LOOT. If you're experiencing an issue with LOOT, or want to request additions/changes to one of the masterlists, feel free, but we can't help you with errors reported by xEdit or CTDs. That kind of thing would be better asked in a general modding forum.

I do understand that this is the LOOT forum. I was not looking for help with the 'issues' I have with xEdit or MO2.

I am looking for help with what the LOOT report states/implies/indicates and why all mods are not displayed or listed in the report. I have not yet figured out how to get a list of mods from MO2. When I do, I will either post the list here or better yet, list the actual mods that are not being picked up by LOOT. I think there are 2 or 3 mods not getting picked up by LOOT.

Please understand this is all new to me and all I want to do is play my stupid FO4 game without it crashing to desktop every 5 to 15 minutes. I removed all the Creation Club content since some of the mods I use conflict with the free CC mods.

lootreport.json

9 hours ago, mathmatically_stumped said:

I do understand that this is the LOOT forum. I was not looking for help with the 'issues' I have with xEdit or MO2.

I am looking for help with what the LOOT report states/implies/indicates and why all mods are not displayed or listed in the report. I have not yet figured out how to get a list of mods from MO2. When I do, I will either post the list here or better yet, list the actual mods that are not being picked up by LOOT. I think there are 2 or 3 mods not getting picked up by LOOT.

Please understand this is all new to me and all I want to do is play my stupid FO4 game without it crashing to desktop every 5 to 15 minutes. I removed all the Creation Club content since some of the mods I use conflict with the free CC mods.

lootreport.json 12.66 kB · 0 downloads

That LOOT report (which I'm guessing came from MO2's built-in LOOT, we don't actually maintain that FYI) doesn't indicate anything to do with any CTDs. That's something you'll have to ask about in a general modding forum, it's simply not within LOOT's remit. LOOT not detecting some of your mods is something we can address, but we'd need links to those mods. Keep in mind that not all mods provide plugins (.esp, .esm, & .esl), & plugins are what LOOT actually picks up & displays. That means that mods without plugins won't show up in LOOT's interface as intended.

18 hours ago, sibir said:

That LOOT report (which I'm guessing came from MO2's built-in LOOT, we don't actually maintain that FYI) doesn't indicate anything to do with any CTDs. That's something you'll have to ask about in a general modding forum, it's simply not within LOOT's remit. LOOT not detecting some of your mods is something we can address, but we'd need links to those mods. Keep in mind that not all mods provide plugins (.esp, .esm, & .esl), & plugins are what LOOT actually picks up & displays. That means that mods without plugins won't show up in LOOT's interface as intended.

There was a help page that addressed CTD's in general and it had to do with performance issues, not necessarily LOOT.
Regarding CTD (crash to desktop) issues with Transfer Settlements
[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=2.4
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.4
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=1024
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=307200

This actually helped my performance and I was able to play for about 2 hours before a crash. Which was rather nice for a change. So I may have a papyrus update loop issue and will not be able to solve it until I get the log output issue resolved. Oh do I have problems. But I love the game, so I put up with it.

I will look for the mods that LOOT did not pick up and see if they have any ESL/ESP/ESM files and let you know if I find any with these extensions not getting picked up by LOOT.

Again, thank you for your time.

LOOT v0.23.0 released!

The changelog can be found here.

This release has a variety of improvements for Starfield, most notably re-enabling the ability to sort Starfield load orders, along with improvements and fixes for other games, and the ability to run LOOT's installer without admin privileges.

26 minutes ago, shvetsov0711 said:

Hello. Is it possible to remove this message since Cities of the North - Morthal Patch Collection has a compatibility patch COTN Morthal - JKs Skyrim - The Great City of Morthal Patch?

Yes, the message will now be hidden if that patch is active in your load order.

I'm having a problem which I think goes beyond LOOT, but I encounter it when I use LOOT, so if anybody can tell me what causes this behavior, I would be grateful.

I'm trying to sort a file named "Paintings for shops and misc - JK's Merged Patch.esp" (esl flagged). I'm using MO2, I activate the file and hand-place it several positions above the bottom of the load order. Then I run LOOT. LOOT sorts my load order correctly and shows the plugin is sorted, but when I apply the changes, close LOOT and look back in MO2, the file is deactivated and placed at the end of the load order, as if somehow rejected from sorting.

I change the filename by taking out the apostrophe in "JK's" to "Paintings for shops and misc - JKs Merged Patch.esp", and repeat the above. Now it sorts fine, LOOT has no problem with it, MO2 shows it activated and in an appropriate position in the load order.

There are no problems with missing masters and such, for some reason LOOT doesn't like the filename with the apostrophe in it. Also, while xEdit can read the file, it deactivates the file after use in a similar way (though doesn't place it at the end of the load order).

Thanks for your insight.

simballine

Edited by simballine

11 hours ago, simballine said:

I'm having a problem which I think goes beyond LOOT, but I encounter it when I use LOOT, so if anybody can tell me what causes this behavior, I would be grateful.

I'm trying to sort a file named "Paintings for shops and misc - JK's Merged Patch.esp" (esl flagged). I'm using MO2, I activate the file and hand-place it several positions above the bottom of the load order. Then I run LOOT. LOOT sorts my load order correctly and shows the plugin is sorted, but when I apply the changes, close LOOT and look back in MO2, the file is deactivated and placed at the end of the load order, as if somehow rejected from sorting.

I change the filename by taking out the apostrophe in "JK's" to "Paintings for shops and misc - JKs Merged Patch.esp", and repeat the above. Now it sorts fine, LOOT has no problem with it, MO2 shows it activated and in an appropriate position in the load order.

There are no problems with missing masters and such, for some reason LOOT doesn't like the filename with the apostrophe in it. Also, while xEdit can read the file, it deactivates the file after use in a similar way (though doesn't place it at the end of the load order).

Thanks for your insight.

simballine

Can you please link to where you got the file? Never mind, found it.

Edited by sibir

@simballine, I think it's an MO2 issue. I'm using WB as my mod manager, & none of LOOT, xEdit, & WB strip the plugin from my plugins.txt. The game also loads it fine, so I think the accent character is a legal character for plugin names. You'll have to report it to the MO2 devs.

• 4 weeks later...

Skyrim Special Edition STEAM v1.6.1170.0
LOOT v4.1.5f

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'Update.esm'
    dirty:
      - <<: *reqManualFix
        crc: 0xE6BA88BB
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.1.5f](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 385
        udr: 93
        nav: 3
        crc: 0x0964D81A
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.1.5f](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        nav: 3

[00:00] Quick Clean mode finished.

LOOT v4.1.5f

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'Dawnguard.esm'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xD399544A
        itm: 841
        udr: 82
        nav: 59
        crc: 0xEA5B77A1
        itm: 7
        crc: 0xF1400921

LOOT v4.1.5f

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'HearthFires.esm'
    dirty:
        crc: 0xA1EC149B
        itm: 220
        udr: 11
        nav: 5
        crc: 0xBD2B67F1
        nav: 5

LOOT v4.1.5f

LOOT Masterlist Entries

- name: 'Dragonborn.esm'
    dirty:
        crc: 0x1120165C
        itm: 87
        udr: 8
        nav: 1
        crc: 0xC251AB6F
        nav: 1

@remicosas, thanks, but we already have cleaning data for the latest versions of Update & the DLCs. Please double-check that we already have the cleaning data you're submitting before you do so.

Not sure if this is the right place to report for load order stuff but i figured I would report my experience here: I use Draven Manor and I recently installed the landscape fixes for grass mods (to use verdant) AND the patches for Arthmoors mods but the one I want to focus on is the Cutting Room Floor patch. Using the current masterlist order makes it so that the manor is buried partly in the landscape but when I moved it to load after said patch the error was fixed (it also fixed a very noticeable seam from using DM and CRF together). Thanks a lot for all the hard work you guys put into this tool it saves a lot of time.

Draven manor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2418?tab=files

Landscape fixes https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9005?tab=description

16 hours ago, ZZZ02 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to report for load order stuff but i figured I would report my experience here: I use Draven Manor and I recently installed the landscape fixes for grass mods (to use verdant) AND the patches for Arthmoors mods but the one I want to focus on is the Cutting Room Floor patch. Using the current masterlist order makes it so that the manor is buried partly in the landscape but when I moved it to load after said patch the error was fixed (it also fixed a very noticeable seam from using DM and CRF together). Thanks a lot for all the hard work you guys put into this tool it saves a lot of time.

Draven manor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2418?tab=files

Landscape fixes https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9005?tab=description

Thanks for the report, I've added a rule to sort them correctly.

On 7/14/2024 at 11:11 PM, sibir said:

@simballine, I think it's an MO2 issue. I'm using WB as my mod manager, & none of LOOT, xEdit, & WB strip the plugin from my plugins.txt. The game also loads it fine, so I think the accent character is a legal character for plugin names. You'll have to report it to the MO2 devs.

" I'm using WB as my mod manager,"  WorldBox?

21 minutes ago, mathmatically_stumped said:

" I'm using WB as my mod manager,"  WorldBox?

No, Wrye Bash.