Jump to content
WrinklyNinja

[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

Recommended Posts

Hi

A little issue, please.  I get this message regarding Obsidian Weathers.esp:

 

Obsidian Weathers.esp

  
 
Sound, Stats
  • You seem to be using True Storms, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is provided on this plugin's mod page.

  • You seem to be using True Storms, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A third party patch is available here: Obsidian Weathers - TrueStorms Merged Compatibility

  • This plugin is incompatible with "True Storms Special Edition", but both files are present.

I actually DO have the "Obsidian Weathers - True Storms Merged Compatibility" third party patch in my load order, which LOOT is not spotting!  (  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17198?tab=posts&BH=2 )

This patch should therefore make the first and third error redundant.

(I also use the True Storms / Wet & Cold Patch, if that's of interest.)

Is there something that I am not doing correctly at my end, please?   Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 5:27 AM, lmstearn said:

Was the compatibility patch enabled?

This is the problem - yes, it is enabled!  It's sitting there in my load order, enabled in MO2 and in game. LOOT never sees that I am using it.

Oh - wait. I apologise. This is a fault entirely of my own making due to confusion over the patches provided by another mod.  Please ignore my ramblings. Happy New year!

Edited by Bluegunk
I was stupid and only now discovered this fact (again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mainly use Boss to sort mods,but I occasionally scan my mod list for Oblivion with LOOT as well,and I noticed,that a mod called Balanced magic uploaded by Zamir is listed as dirty.Creator of this mod mentioned in description,as follows: "Any identical to master records are on purpose to override changes from OOO, Race Balancing Project or whatever you might be using that could interfere with my mod"

Mod checker in Wrye bash also shows,that balanced magic.esp needs cleaning with TES4edit.

Shall is not be removed from the lists of mods requiring cleaning,when ITM records are added on purpose?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

And thank you for this great tool, 'LOOT'.  I have been using this tool for a very long time with Skyrim LE and SE.  

Recently, I needed to rebuild my DynDOLOD file because of new LODs and Areas in SSE.  All in DynDOLOD went fine.  When I went to run LOOT, I got; 

Cyclic interaction detected between "ELFX - Exteriors.esp" and "DynDOLOD.esm":

ELFX - Exteriors.esp
 [Master]
DynDOLOD.esm
 [Master Flag]
ELFX - Exteriors.esp

Prior to this, I never had a problem with DynDOLOD.   I tried deactivation of the mods, but they are intertwined.  One cannot be without the other.  Of course this was fine with my earlier DynDOLOD (2.65), for some reason.   

I tried editing the Metadata to see if I can correct the issue (group &  load after), but LOOT seems to ignore it (seems simple enough, but I may not be doing this right).  I have looked through some forums posts on this and some have had luck doing just that.  Right now I am at a loss on how to figure this out.  So I have to manually swap the position of these two mods.  

I hope that someone may be able to help because with the issue resolved, LOOT won't sort.

Thanks

 

LOOT.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, malablondi said:

I mainly use Boss to sort mods,but I occasionally scan my mod list for Oblivion with LOOT as well,and I noticed,that a mod called Balanced magic uploaded by Zamir is listed as dirty.Creator of this mod mentioned in description,as follows: "Any identical to master records are on purpose to override changes from OOO, Race Balancing Project or whatever you might be using that could interfere with my mod"

Mod checker in Wrye bash also shows,that balanced magic.esp needs cleaning with TES4edit.

Shall is not be removed from the lists of mods requiring cleaning,when ITM records are added on purpose?

 

 

 

It looks like you're right, I've filed issue #96 to track this.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:19 PM, Maxoran said:

Hello,

And thank you for this great tool, 'LOOT'.  I have been using this tool for a very long time with Skyrim LE and SE.  

Recently, I needed to rebuild my DynDOLOD file because of new LODs and Areas in SSE.  All in DynDOLOD went fine.  When I went to run LOOT, I got; 

Cyclic interaction detected between "ELFX - Exteriors.esp" and "DynDOLOD.esm":

ELFX - Exteriors.esp
 [Master]
DynDOLOD.esm
 [Master Flag]
ELFX - Exteriors.esp

Prior to this, I never had a problem with DynDOLOD.   I tried deactivation of the mods, but they are intertwined.  One cannot be without the other.  Of course this was fine with my earlier DynDOLOD (2.65), for some reason.   

I tried editing the Metadata to see if I can correct the issue (group &  load after), but LOOT seems to ignore it (seems simple enough, but I may not be doing this right).  I have looked through some forums posts on this and some have had luck doing just that.  Right now I am at a loss on how to figure this out.  So I have to manually swap the position of these two mods.  

I hope that someone may be able to help because with the issue resolved, LOOT won't sort.

Thanks

 

LOOT.png

This isn't a metadata issue, it looks like you need to rebuild DynDOLOD.esm so that ELFX - Exteriors.esp isn't in its list of masters, because an ESM generally can't load after an ESP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank You very much for responding.

So I rebuilt, the DynDOLOD file this time without the ELFX - Exteriors.   I had to disable ELFX because it didn't show up in the master list at creation.  Again DynDOLOD (v2.81) ran fine.   

Now, I get a new cyclic error.   

Is there a way to either remove the 'Master' from the file (ELFX .. or from T'Skyrim) or edit the metadata to have loot load after DynDOLOD.esm.   When I try to edit the metadata for the '.esp' to have the file load after a defined file, loot seems to ignore it.   

 

LootError2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I don’t know English very well and use a translator (therefore errors are possible, Sorry in advance!) ... I’m not very good at mods and therefore I have a question that I can’t solve! I ask for your help! I use the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) to install the mods and I was not happy to try the Load Order Optimization Tool (LOOT) ... I have already installed and used several mods, but LOOT does not find anything else except the official DLC! Please help me solve this problem, since I don’t already know what to do! I really need it, because my mod is not working, and I can’t find out what’s the matter! HELP ME PLEASE! :crash:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maxoran said:

Thank You very much for responding.

So I rebuilt, the DynDOLOD file this time without the ELFX - Exteriors.   I had to disable ELFX because it didn't show up in the master list at creation.  Again DynDOLOD (v2.81) ran fine.   

Now, I get a new cyclic error.   

Is there a way to either remove the 'Master' from the file (ELFX .. or from T'Skyrim) or edit the metadata to have loot load after DynDOLOD.esm.   When I try to edit the metadata for the '.esp' to have the file load after a defined file, loot seems to ignore it.   

 

LootError2.png

This is the same issue as with ELFX - Exteriors.esp, ESMs can't load after ESPs (unless the ESP has its master flag set).

51 minutes ago, Jifors said:

Hello, I don’t know English very well and use a translator (therefore errors are possible, Sorry in advance!) ... I’m not very good at mods and therefore I have a question that I can’t solve! I ask for your help! I use the Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) to install the mods and I was not happy to try the Load Order Optimization Tool (LOOT) ... I have already installed and used several mods, but LOOT does not find anything else except the official DLC! Please help me solve this problem, since I don’t already know what to do! I really need it, because my mod is not working, and I can’t find out what’s the matter! HELP ME PLEASE! :crash:

I think you need to launch LOOT through NMM for LOOT to be able to see the plugins installed by NMM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WrinklyNinja said:

Это та же проблема, что и в ELFX - Exteriors.esp, ESM не могут загружаться после ESP (если в ESP не установлен главный флаг).

Я думаю, что вам нужно запустить LOOT через NMM, чтобы LOOT мог видеть плагины, установленные NMM.

The thing is that, as I understand it, I run LOOT in NMM! As I said, I have already installed mods, but in LOOT, none of them are displayed! I used automatic installation for each mod! I assume that this is precisely the point, since during auto-installation the mod files do not fall into the game folder, but are stored in the folders of NMM itself and are essentially virtual...

I ran both through a separate shortcut and through NMM

I will attach the screenshots below so as not to mislead you or not to get there yourself:

164787906_2020-02-23005751.thumb.png.a7599a66e8b708f681ab16ee6084d31a.png913465113_2020-02-23005520.thumb.png.12a9ae73429c5a2441acc5a6eee07567.png1890632326_2020-02-23004317.thumb.png.8e14a55d38c2c2537a9406b3b968d5c4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

This is the same issue as with ELFX - Exteriors.esp, ESMs can't load after ESPs (unless the ESP has its master flag set).

I think you need to launch LOOT through NMM for LOOT to be able to see the plugins installed by NMM.

Apparently, I was able to deal with my problem myself!
The problem turned out to be the most commonplace: I incorrectly indicated the location of the game! :wallbash:
Thank you for your help and all the best! :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i feel (strongly) that "load after" should take precedence over "group". sorting my plugin list via group editor tags became a nightmare.
if i set plugin A to group 1 and plugin B to group 2, but tell loot that plugin A has to load after plugin B, loot should just place plugin A into group 2 after plugin B, even if group 1 comes before group 2.

how i'd like it to be:


[group 1]

plugin X (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Z (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Y (group 1, load after plugin z)


[group 2]

plugin B (group 2, no other rule)

plugin A (group 1, load after plugin B)

 

 

also the error message isn't really a great help and oftentimes i have to guess what the actual problem is.

i mean, what is this?
 

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp" and "AMatterOfTime.esp":

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]                | its group is after all "load after plugins, no "load after" plugin is set in a group after this one
ELE_SSE.esp
 [Master]                                | it's group is after all its masters
RealisticWaterTwoMerge.esp
 [Group]                                | why does the group even matter if there is another rule?
AMatterOfTime.esp
 [Group]                                | has no rule whatsoever apart from group and no other plugin has a rule including it
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gemma_Kat said:

Hi, i feel (strongly) that "load after" should take precedence over "group". sorting my plugin list via group editor tags became a nightmare.
if i set plugin A to group 1 and plugin B to group 2, but tell loot that plugin A has to load after plugin B, loot should just place plugin A into group 2 after plugin B, even if group 1 comes before group 2.

how i'd like it to be:


[group 1]

plugin X (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Z (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Y (group 1, load after plugin z)


[group 2]

plugin B (group 2, no other rule)

plugin A (group 1, load after plugin B)

 

 

also the error message isn't really a great help and oftentimes i have to guess what the actual problem is.

i mean, what is this?
 

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp" and "AMatterOfTime.esp":

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]                | its group is after all "load after plugins, no "load after" plugin is set in a group after this one
ELE_SSE.esp
 [Master]                                | it's group is after all its masters
RealisticWaterTwoMerge.esp
 [Group]                                | why does the group even matter if there is another rule?
AMatterOfTime.esp
 [Group]                                | has no rule whatsoever apart from group and no other plugin has a rule including it
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

 

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp" and "SOSRaceMenu.esp":

AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp
 [Group]
D13 Faster Get up Stand up Animations.esp     | why is that one even listed there? it has no dependencies, no load after rules and no plugin has a load after rule for this one
 [Group]
FallDamageCorrection.esp             | same, why is that listed here?
 [Group]
RaceMenu.esp
 [User Load After]
SOSRaceMenu.esp
 [Group]
AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp

had a conflict between the racemenu stuff, corrected that one and now i can finally sort it, but the error messages contain useless info and don't tell me what the actual problem is.
Only had to put SOSRaceMenu into another group, all the other plugins listed there were fine. why didn't the error message just say: "SOSRaceMenu contains load after rule for RaceMenu.esp" ?
Why list all the other stuff and why so cryptic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gemma_Kat said:

Hi, i feel (strongly) that "load after" should take precedence over "group". sorting my plugin list via group editor tags became a nightmare.
if i set plugin A to group 1 and plugin B to group 2, but tell loot that plugin A has to load after plugin B, loot should just place plugin A into group 2 after plugin B, even if group 1 comes before group 2.

how i'd like it to be:


[group 1]

plugin X (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Z (group 1, no other rule)

plugin Y (group 1, load after plugin z)


[group 2]

plugin B (group 2, no other rule)

plugin A (group 1, load after plugin B)

 

 

also the error message isn't really a great help and oftentimes i have to guess what the actual problem is.

i mean, what is this?
 

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp" and "AMatterOfTime.esp":

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 [Masterlist Load After]                | its group is after all "load after plugins, no "load after" plugin is set in a group after this one
ELE_SSE.esp
 [Master]                                | it's group is after all its masters
RealisticWaterTwoMerge.esp
 [Group]                                | why does the group even matter if there is another rule?
AMatterOfTime.esp
 [Group]                                | has no rule whatsoever apart from group and no other plugin has a rule including it
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

 

"load after" does take precedence over "group" metadata, but when building up the plugin graph it's not obvious which bit of metadata is "responsible" for the cycle: in the example you gave, it could either be the group metadata that loads "AMatterOfTime.esp" after "RealisticWaterTwoMerge.esp" or the group metadata that loads "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp" after "AMatterOfTime.esp", and LOOT has no way of knowing which to ignore.

2 hours ago, Gemma_Kat said:

Failed to sort plugins. Details:

Cyclic interaction detected between "AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp" and "SOSRaceMenu.esp":

AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp
 [Group]
D13 Faster Get up Stand up Animations.esp     | why is that one even listed there? it has no dependencies, no load after rules and no plugin has a load after rule for this one
 [Group]
FallDamageCorrection.esp             | same, why is that listed here?
 [Group]
RaceMenu.esp
 [User Load After]
SOSRaceMenu.esp
 [Group]
AHZBetterDGEntranceSE.esp

had a conflict between the racemenu stuff, corrected that one and now i can finally sort it, but the error messages contain useless info and don't tell me what the actual problem is.
Only had to put SOSRaceMenu into another group, all the other plugins listed there were fine. why didn't the error message just say: "SOSRaceMenu contains load after rule for RaceMenu.esp" ?
Why list all the other stuff and why so cryptic?

Because it might not be the load after rule that you want to remove to break the cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue where Loot isn't booting up. It stopped working somepoint while I was doing some other mod related stuff. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling it and it did nothing. The last thing I used before this was SSEedit if that means anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 7:51 PM, SeriousLunch said:

I have an issue where Loot isn't booting up. It stopped working somepoint while I was doing some other mod related stuff. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling it and it did nothing. The last thing I used before this was SSEedit if that means anything

Also i'm using mod organizer 2 for skyrim sse

 

EDIT: I fixed the problem

Edited by SeriousLunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,
when using Loot I get green tags under mod. I was checking the readme and it says:

If LOOT suggests any Bash Tags to be added, they will be displayed in green text, while any Bash Tags to be removed will be displayed in red text. For completeness, the list of Bash Tags to add will include any Bash Tags that are already specified in the plugin's description field. Users generally don't need to do anything with this information, as if they're using Wrye Bash it will automatically apply LOOT's suggestions, and if they're not using Wrye Bash then this information doesn't apply.

Issue: the green results I'm getting are tags already applied. Why is that so?

2) Fcom convergence.esp should have the following tags: 
Actors.ACBS
Actors.AIData
Actors.AIPackages
Actors.AIPackagesForceAdd
Actors.CombatStyle
Actors.DeathItem
Actors.Spells
Actors.SpellsForceAdd
Actors.Stats
Delev
Factions
Graphics
Invent
Names
Relations
Relev
Scripts
Stats

If you download Fcom 1.0 from tesalliance, Fcom has these tags.

3) Omobs should have these tags: Stats, nomerge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heya all,

EDIT: Nevermind, it was something happening locally I can't explain... I did the clean originally with Autoclean 4.0.3 and it didn't find any ITMs, but I redid it again now and it did find them. Not sure what changed in the mean time :shrug:

Original post sans-images:

Spoiler

 

Just wanted to report a minor annoyance... I'm using LOOT on Skyrim SE and it reports that the mod "Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp" is dirty with this message:

Quote

SSEEdit v4.0.3 found 6 ITM records. Due to Improvements made to the cleaning process with the official release of xEdit 4.0.x+, any mods which were verified as clean with older versions of xEdit may now require additional cleaning. A guide for running xEdit 4.0.x+ in Quick Auto Clean mode can be found here.

 

Problem is Ihave SSEEdit 4.0.3 and it doesn't find any ITM records on it, and the CRC matches the plugin I have:

Quote

[00:00] Start: Applying Filter


[00:01] Done: Applying Filter, [Pass 1] Processed Records: 2657, [Pass 2] Processed Records: 2656, Remaining unfiltered nodes: 2656, Elapsed Time: 00:01
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 2655, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

And also on visual inspection there seems not to be any ITM to be found anywhere.

I'm guessing the person that probably added this report to the master list copy/pasted the CRC from the already-cleansed version instead of the dirty one.

 

 

 

Best wishes, and thank you for all the hard work over the years <3

Leandro.

 

 

Edited by Leeux
Removed images and added spoiler tags, to reduce the clutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2020 at 2:02 AM, Leeux said:

Heya all,

Just wanted to report a minor annoyance... I'm using LOOT on Skyrim SE and it reports that the mod "Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp" is dirty with this message:

Problem is Ihave SSEEdit 4.0.3 and it doesn't find any ITM records on it, and the CRC matches the plugin I have:

And also on visual inspection there seems not to be any ITM to be found anywhere.

I'm guessing the person that probably added this report to the master list copy/pasted the CRC from the already-cleansed version instead of the dirty one.

It's showing as dirty when I've run quick auto clean, manually cleaning isn't recommended due to user errors.

  - name: 'Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp'
    dirty:
      - <<: *quickClean
        crc: 0x747BD772
        util: '[SSEEdit v4.0.3](https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164)'
        itm: 6
    clean:
      - crc: 0xAB58DD74
        util: 'SSEEdit v4.0.3'

image.thumb.png.f9644ab5254ab15c54c373a42d2d1bd3.png

Edited by cptmcsplody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised... but, I went back and re-did the cleaning again, with the auto clean and this time it did find 6 ITMs. Thing is, it's the same process I did at least 3 times back before I posted here, and it didn't find any ITMs at all in those cases, with the autoclean, nor with the SSEEdit. So, I don't know what happened, and I can't understand why the other times I did the cleaning (when I first got the message, the first thing I did was to run the autoclean, and the message wasn't gone afterwards) I got different results.  So, *shrug*... I guess? :P

So, nevermind my post then... I'll gonna edit it now, to remove the images so it doesn't clutter the thread.

 

EDIT: BTW, I forgot... apologies for the clutter and very sorry for wasting your time! :blush:

Edited by Leeux
Forgot to apologize

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of today (25/26 March 2020) LOOT updated its Masterlist to revision 4ca47fc and all of a sudden LOOT tells me that mod Building Blocks Foundations for Fallout 4 is no longer compatible with the game as of v1.5.57.0 or greater, which is strange as I've been using the mod since it was released, including on the latest FO4 version (1.10.163) without LOOT giving an error or the mod causing any form of trouble in the game. Just wanted to let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 12:02 AM, JimmyRJump said:

As of today (25/26 March 2020) LOOT updated its Masterlist to revision 4ca47fc and all of a sudden LOOT tells me that mod Building Blocks Foundations for Fallout 4 is no longer compatible with the game as of v1.5.57.0 or greater, which is strange as I've been using the mod since it was released, including on the latest FO4 version (1.10.163) without LOOT giving an error or the mod causing any form of trouble in the game. Just wanted to let you know.

It looks like the warnings were added in April 2017, which is after the last update on the Nexus page you linked. I don't know enough about the mod to say what the issues are, so maybe you've just been lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently decided to try and get back into Fallout 4, I finally got round to updating all mods and then came the point to run LOOT, here's what it greeted me with

image.png.c7c62a03f314817fb20a6f1459d8ff5c.png

In the image above I have disabled Horizon and all of it's plugins but LOOT still insists that there is an error, so I checked the Groups Editor just to check and I saw what you can see below, is this the default groups added into the masterlist, I never remembered it having all of these additions before so I'm curious if they are meant to be there and if so how can I edit them to make LOOT work in my favor. Thanks

I would appreciate any help you can offer in to getting me through this.

Also note to ignore the 13 errors they are simply listing the plugins I disabled to test if LOOT would work that way, the Cyclic message you see is the same whether mods are enabled or not.

image.png.bf38e730050a30b55ff2f768ea65bca2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Support us on Patreon!

Patreon
×
×
  • Create New...