Jump to content
Arthmoor

[RELz] Unofficial Oblivion Patch [UOP]

Recommended Posts

It's possible that they won't receive further updates if there was nothing to add to them during this (final) update cycle. I was actually wondering the same thing myself, but haven't had a chance to ask Arthmoor about it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on the Oblivion menu textures and have just realized that the files (from the Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa) textures\menus\map\world are not named correctly. Example, world_map_icon_door.dds is showing the icon for tavern. Several are misnamed in this folder. I do not see this addressed in the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, is this something you would consider a bug fix issue?

P.S. I should note I am working with the latest GOG version of Oblivion. I also have the Steam and Disc versions. I'll open them up as well to see if the issue is the same with all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did just confirm that the above mentioned issue with the misnamed files are the same for all the versions of Oblivion that I have. Given the UOP will no longer be updated, is it ok for others to address any future bug fixes for issues not covered by the UOPs? Apologies if this is a silly question, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of becoming a mod author. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to release an updated version that was cleaned with newer xEdit, like USLEEP was ? Unless there are no more ITMs etc to find for older games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no need to do an update for that. xEdit 4.0.1 doesn't pick up any new ITMs. Those were primarily navmesh issues in Skyrim. I don't know if Oblivion's records even got much of a look in the last few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked for Errors and ITMs and UDRs using xEdit 4.0.1 on version 3.5.6a of the Unofficial Patch. 7 Errors and only 1 ITM. No UDR. Intentional  perhaps. Didnt let it clean. Probably not worthy of an update ?

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:00] HighElf "High Elf" [RACE:00019204]
[00:00]     RACE -> Missing required members: FaceGen - Main clamp, FaceGen - Face clamp
[00:00] ABAT "Absorb Attribute" [MGEF:000008C9]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00] ABSP "Absorb Magicka" [MGEF:000008D5]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00] REDG "Reflect Damage" [MGEF:0000188A]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00] SEFF "Script Effect" [MGEF:0000189A]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00]     MGEF \ ESCE - Counter Effects \ Counter Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:00] ZSKA "Summon Skeleton Guardian" [MGEF:00038BAE]
[00:00]     MGEF \ EDID - Magic Effect Code -> Expected 4 bytes but found 0
[00:10] still checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:20] still checking for Errors in [01] Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
[00:27] ShameerHome [PACK:000294B8]
[00:27]     PACK \ PLDT - Location \ Location -> Found a CELL reference, expected: NULL
[00:27] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 86383, Errors found: 7, Elapsed Time: 00:27

[00:31] Done: Applying Filter, [Pass 1] Processed Records: 1356390, [Pass 2] Processed Records: 1312420, Remaining unfiltered nodes: 1312420, Elapsed Time: 00:31
Removing: BlockDetectionDialogue [FACT:0000AA3C]
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 97271, Removed Records: 1, Elapsed Time: 00:00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error check is not accurate so ignore that. The single ITM only exists when UOP is used in isolation, and needs to be there. Please trust us when we tell you it does not need to be cleaned or error checked. We've been at this a long time :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Support us on Patreon!

×