[WIP] Mator Smash

Mator

Considering this is a technical program and it's very life blood depends on details, one would think you'd be a bit more careful about making bold claims and then maybe pay attention when MORE THAN ONE PERSON has told you they're wrong.

Let's do a breakdown of the details then

> "I see now why it's not generating much of a patch."

This is a pot shot. You should know by now that "the amount of a patch" that Smash generates is based on the settings you apply to your plugins, and as per every other person who has used this "not generating much of a patch" is definitely not one of smash's current problems.

> "You haven't made it aware of most of the newer tags in Sharlikran's test branch for Wrye Bash."

I misread this because of your pot shot.

> "There also must have been something else wrong with the build I used before this since the patch I did get was a bit larger this time, though still nowhere near what it should be with the information it was processing."

You asserting that you actually know what's going on, when you really don't. The issues here is you're trying to assert yourself as an expert when you really don't have a clue what's going on. As a result, you make claims which I know to be false.

Either you're not using the tool correctly (because you don't know how it works even though it's been explained to you multiple times and there's a 36 minute long video tutorial), or you have a genuine bug and aren't providing enough information to be constructive and get it fixed. Either way you are not helping.

If you don't want to help, get out of my thread. If you don't want to be constructive or get out of my thread, then I'm just going to stop posting here. Stop arrogantly and incorrectly stating there are issues with my software. You are being a complete and utter hypocrite because you deal with users who do exactly what you're doing right now with the Unofficial Patches all the time.

But go ahead. Keep making this about me and not about the program not doing what you're saying it should.

I don't need to prove to you that the program does what I say it should, there are a large number of other people who can attest to this fact. There are dozens of pages of posts on STEP, Bethesda Forums, here on AFKMods, and on Reddit that attest to the fact that my software does what I say it does. I have been steadily developing it and resolving issues since day one, and there is a 36 minute long video which shows you one way you can use the tool (as of v0.0.7).

I have run the latest version and produced patches with the provided bash tags several times now. I have examined plugins in TES5Edit hundreds of times now. It works, and it does exactly as described.

Stop making this about my software living up to your expectations and admit this is about you learning to use and understand how my software operates. If you could simply stop approaching me as if you know what's going on - telling me there's something wrong with my software - and instead ask questions when something doesn't seem right, our interactions will be far more cordial.

This claim remains to be seen.

From my post that you quoted

> "and the tags in common between Smash and Wrye Bash may actually resolve conflicts on more records in Smash than they do in Wrye Bash"

Key word "may". You're being redundant here. I already said it remains to be seen.

Nobody ever disputed this either, but at the same time, it hasn't yet been established which of these are meaningful for Skyrim since a lot of those are body related and their whole body system changed since Oblivion.

Of the ones on the list up there, I'd say the most immediately beneficial would be Factions and Relations, and the Actors tags. Everythign else is highly questionable since the data formats are nothing alike now.

Indeed, it remains to be seen whether or not my implementation of these bash tags is meaningful or complete.

As has been stated on numerous occasions now, you have the power to create, change, or remove smash settings (including the ones for bash tags) without seeing or editing so much as a single line of source code. It's all available from the GUI, so if you don't like something - change it. If something is missing - add it. It's never been this easy. If you really know how these things should be implemented then get off your ass and implement them, or direct someone to implement them to your specifications. I quickly (in 1.5 hours) implemented these bash tags based on the Wrye Bash Advanced Documentation for Oblivion. I made a few guesses to extend the tags to Skyrim, but left almost everything the same under the assumption that continued discussion and user contribution will bring them to a more complete state.

Not my fault you chose to ignore me in your zeal to prove to the world that I'm a bad person.

I don't want to prove that. I want to defend my software against an influential individual who is attacking it and is unable or unwilling to recognize its merits.

That's nice. The world doesn't revolve around the STEP forums though. Expecting everyone to know to look there for stuff is a bit much.

Haha, I knew you were going to say this. I never suggested that I expected you to know about this. I merely stated that these existed, and provided a link to your benefit. It wasn't about me proving you wrong, it was about me noting that your issue is actually already resolved because of how much power smash gives to its users.

Maybe the fact that you seem more interested in turning this into a playground fight?

You're the one who's been on the offensive. I'm just defending my work against a person who is ignorant and unwilling to educate themselves.

I get it. You're pissed I'm not simply taking you blindly at your word that you've produced a Bash-Killer like pretty much everyone else has.

I have no problem with cynicism or with you not believing me. What I have a problem with is accusations and close-mindedness. If you truly think you know my software better than I do then there's no reason for us to be discussing things at all. If you want to be constructive, please post here, but I will not tolerate false accusations or passive-aggressive behavior. If you continue to do so I will kindly ask you to stop posting in this thread, and if it continues I will simply stop participating in this site (I really can't do anything else because it's your site).

I deal in fact though, and the fact is, this tool isn't ready and has a LONG way to go before it is.

Upon what measure?

If you want to provide some objective and factual information, something I can work off of, or constructive criticism I will gladly take it and do my best to improve. But so long as you're making false accusations that show you don't actually know what you're talking about and provide nothing for me to work on I will continue to respond with an equivalent degree of impudence.

You asked for opinions, you want people to test, yet you don't appear interested in the unvarnished results of someone who knows what to look for. Are you interested in that or not? I'm not interested in playing this game with you. Either we can exchange data and work the problem, or we can part ways and stop wasting each other's time on being insulting jackasses.

As soon as you start actually providing data instead of accusations (turning this into a scientific discussion rather than a political one), I will do my best to analyze, respond to, and act on that data.  (which you did do, after this post, my response follows)

> "Smash stopped looking at anything past 39 (Ars Metallica). There are several more mods down there with tags you say are supported but are not being detected."

Finally some data which is actionable.

The problem is you haven't put your other mods into the smashed patch. In the log I noticed

Processing files

Processing Update.esm

Processing Dawnguard.esm

Processing HearthFires.esm

Processing Dragonborn.esm

Processing Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Processing Cutting Room Floor.esp

Processing SMIM-Merged-All.esp

Processing Legionettes.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp

Processing Book Covers Skyrim.esp

Processing Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp

Any file that is not processed is not part of the patch.

On the Plugins tab in Smash you should notice a "Patch" column. The plugins listed above should have "NewPatch" in this column. All other plugins will have nothing in this column. Select the plugins you want to add to the patch (the ones with nothing in the patch column) then right-click one, choose Add to patch -> NewPatch.

Also, you should rename the patch to something better that is clearer. Go to the patches tab in smash, right-click the patch, choose Edit Patch, then enter a new name (e.g. "Smash") and a new plugin name (e.g. "Smash.esp").

> "I can also pack up all the relevant ESM/ESP files you may not have access to if you need them and send them to you in a PM so you can compare the description fields firsthand."

That won't be necessary. The problem is clearly user error. When the data is given, the truth presents itself.

Let's not. I told you I'm not interested in your false accusations and mind games.

Finally some data which is actionable.

The problem is you haven't put your other mods into the smashed patch.

No. The problem, as I've been telling you all along, is that it's not picking up the tags you yourself say you've added to the program. You told me it should do all of this automatically and there should be no need for further intervention in order to achieve full Bash functionality.

Also, you should rename the patch to something better that is clearer. Go to the patches tab in smash, right-click the patch, choose Edit Patch, then enter a new name (e.g. "Smash") and a new plugin name (e.g. "Smash.esp").

It was a testing session. The name didn't seem important. Is it?

> "I can also pack up all the relevant ESM/ESP files you may not have access to if you need them and send them to you in a PM so you can compare the description fields firsthand."

That won't be necessary. The problem is clearly user error. When the data is given, the truth presents itself.

Well it seems it is, because, yes, truth hurts. The tags are present in the descriptions, but for whatever reason, your program is not picking that up and auto-tagging the load order the way you're telling me it should.

The point here all along is you're making claims that I can simply treat this as an alternative to Bash, but that's not the way it's happening. If you're interested in getting to that point, great. If not, then tell me. You already think you're wasting your time for whatever reasons you've invented. I'd like to know if I'm doing the same.

No. The problem, as I've been telling you all along, is that it's not picking up the tags you yourself say you've added to the program. You told me it should do all of this automatically and there should be no need for further intervention in order to achieve full Bash functionality.

Well it seems it is, because, yes, truth hurts. The tags are present in the descriptions, but for whatever reason, your program is not picking that up and auto-tagging the load order the way you're telling me it should.

https://github.com/matortheeternal/smash/blob/master/frontend/msSmash.pas#L130-L153

for the list of plugins that is fed into this method that it loops over see

https://github.com/matortheeternal/smash/blob/master/frontend/msSmash.pas#L21-L32

for complete context of these two methods see

https://github.com/matortheeternal/smash/blob/master/frontend/msSmash.pas#L561-L576

When Smash builds a smashed patch which has been defined for a certain set of plugins by the user, it will attempt to process override records in every plugin in the smashed patch regardless of their smash settings.  As per the code above, Smash will print out a "Processing <plugin filename>" message for every plugin in the smashed patch regardless of whether or not the plugin has a smash setting at all.

This code has been this way since Nov 2, 2015.

So no Arthmoor, you are 100% incorrect.  Your smashed patch only has the plugins that were listed as processed in your log:

Processing Update.esm

Processing Dawnguard.esm

Processing HearthFires.esm

Processing Dragonborn.esm

Processing Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

Processing Cutting Room Floor.esp

Processing SMIM-Merged-All.esp

Processing Legionettes.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp

Processing RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp

Processing Book Covers Skyrim.esp

Processing Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp

This is the way Smash has always worked.  Once again, the developer trumps the user when it comes to knowledge of the software he developed.

If you're trying to point out a tagging issue you're providing the wrong log.  I directed you in a previous post to provide the main log of the program with filters disabled if you think there's an issue with tag detection.

If you're trying to point out a tagging issue you're providing the wrong log.  I directed you in a previous post to provide the main log of the program with filters disabled if you think there's an issue with tag detection.

I'll go back and do that when I get the chance then. Cause it's definitely not pulling the tag data off of the relevant ESP files, which is why I offered to pack them so you could see it firsthand. Even if I wipe out the Smash folder and unpack the archive you linked me previously so that it's forced to start over and redetect everything.

I'll go back and do that when I get the chance then. Cause it's definitely not pulling the tag data off of the relevant ESP files, which is why I offered to pack them so you could see it firsthand. Even if I wipe out the Smash folder and unpack the archive you linked me previously so that it's forced to start over and redetect everything.

Here's what the log looks like for me, when detecting tags from ESP file descriptions:

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using VMAD for Footprints.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Skyrim.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Update.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Dawnguard.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for HearthFires.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Dragonborn.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Falskaar.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Wyrmstooth.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:C.Climate,C.Encounter,C.ImageSpace,C.Light,C.Location,C.Music,C.Name,

C.Owner,C.Water,Delev,Graphics,Invent,Names,Relev,Sound,Stats}} for Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Parsing as Bash tags

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Building combined setting

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-3D1460AC for Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Shadow of Morrowind.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Campfire.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Gray Fox Cowl.esm

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for notice board.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SOTGenesisMod.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:C.Location,C.Owner,C.RecordFlags,Delev,Graphics,Invent,Names,Stats}} for Cutting Room Floor.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-C34EA1F0 for Cutting Room Floor.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for RaceMenu.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for RaceMenuPlugin.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for ELE_Legendary_Fs_Wt_Lite.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for JKs Skyrim.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SkyUI.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for WM Flora Fixes.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Disparity.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for TradeBarter.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Immersive detection of NPC.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Traps Make Noise.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Names,Relev,Stats}} for Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-9651E6C6 for Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Names,Relev,Stats}} for Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-9651E6C6 for Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Names,Relev,Stats}} for Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-9651E6C6 for Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for AOS.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{ARMO,BOOK}} for Immersive Jewelry.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Combined-237BE944 for Immersive Jewelry.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Relev}} for Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-AE2FEC52 for Stealth Skills Rebalanced_COMPLETE.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Smithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Relev}} for Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-AE2FEC52 for Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Nightingale Hall.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for imp_helm_legend.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Brynjolf & Vex Followers.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Thieves Guild Followers.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for BlackHorseCourier.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Differently Ebony.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB + FS + WT.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for TheChoiceIsYours.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Run For Your Lives.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SMIM-Merged-All.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Random Alternate Start.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SFO - Dragonborn.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Darkend.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Immersive Citizens - CRF patch.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Shadowmarks for Player Homes.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Immersive Speechcraft.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for summersetisles.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Quest Eraser.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for When Vampires Attack.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for AchieveThat.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for VioLens.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for iHUD.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for AOS2_WAF Patch.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Beards.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Brows.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for FISS.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for UIExtensions.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for FloraRespawnFix.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Dead Body Collision.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for SkyTweak.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Grimy Utilities Interface.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Vividian - Summerset - Patch.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Vividian - Torches Preset.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Vividian - Weather Patch Purity.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Vividian - Extended Weathers - Purity.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Animations.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Genesis Watchtowers Reborn.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: Found tag {{BASH:Delev,Relev,Names,Stats}} for MLU.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Settings: Using Bash.Combined-1380CD83 for MLU.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Mystic.esp

[15:47:11] (PLUGIN) Tags: No tags found for Smash.esp

EDIT: And here is the combined smash setting it produces for USLEEP:

mJGK7.png

JSON Setting File (minified): http://puu.sh/mJGMs.json

JSON Setting File (formatted): http://puu.sh/mJGRV.json

That's why I wanted you to see the files firsthand, because it's not doing a complete detection on what I have and I can't see any reason for that.

The parser seems to have specifically ignored many files where the Bash tags are the only thing in the descriptions, or where the tags do not have a blank line between them and the previous text in the descriptions.

Incidentally, you may note that Bash's own "list tags" function is doing the same thing and I'm not sure if that's relevant. Bash ignored it and went with what I had manually set via the lower right box though.

That's why I wanted you to see the files firsthand, because it's not doing a complete detection on what I have and I can't see any reason for that.

The parser seems to have specifically ignored many files where the Bash tags are the only thing in the descriptions, or where the tags do not have a blank line between them and the previous text in the descriptions.

Incidentally, you may note that Bash's own "list tags" function is doing the same thing and I'm not sure if that's relevant. Bash ignored it and went with what I had manually set via the lower right box though.

Interesting.

Well, the way tags are read out of the description is through a simple regex.  The regex is:

{{([a-zA-Z]{1,10}{0,1}([^}]*)}}

You can see this regex in action and a breakdown of how it works here:

https://regex101.com/r/pV0eY5/1

Conditions under which bash tag parsing could fail:

1. The tag doesn't start with {{BASH:

2. There is a space between {{ and BASH:

3. There are spaces between the individual tags (e.g. {{BASH:Delev, Relev}})

4. Tags are capitalized when they shouldn't be (e.g. {{BASH:DELEV,RELEV}})

5. You're missing smash settings for all of the bash tags on the file(s).

I based this RegEx off of the format I saw on all plugins in my possession that have bash tags, and asked Sharlikran about the formatting as well.  He wasn't certain of the details, but didn't advise me about anything that conflicted with my current implementation.  However, it is possible that there Bash Tag expressions applied to your files that my regex/associated logic would not match.

If you could simply provide me with the descriptions for some (or all) of the files that aren't being matched, I can modify the regex/associated logic to match them, assuming the modifications don't deviate too greatly from the current form.  You could send me the plugin files themselves, or you could simply right-click -> Copy to clipboard from the plugin details view in Smash.  (or use TES5Edit or another tool, whatever works for you)

Edit: I fixed the whitespace issue, which would have affected plugins where the bash tags are split by a newline character.

https://github.com/matortheeternal/smash/issues/104

Will be uploading a new version later tonight.

Turns out I ran into some big issues so v0.2.2 will have to be postponed.  I think I resolved all of the issues in a project refactor, but I need to test things thoroughly (because I literally refactored every file in the project).

Sounds like an interesting day.

If it helps, I'll re-run some of my existing patches with your snapshot build and compare the results to 0.2.1.

Sounds like an interesting day.

If it helps, I'll re-run some of my existing patches with your snapshot build and compare the results to 0.2.1.

No, that won't be necessary, the snapshot build is before the refactor.

I've done some extensive testing after the refactor, I think everything is good to go.  Will try to get that release later today,

Hi Mator, as always I really appreciate all the hard work you put into these programs! I have a little suggestion.

When you name your patch, make sure to exclude the characters that aren't allowed by windows eg: / < > : *  ? " etc 

Having those in the patch name will cause the patch to fail as seen here. Just to make it a bit more user friendly and save you some hassle later :)

How do I select multiple settings for the patch?  I'm sure I've missed the obvious, but indulge me.....

You create a new combined settings from the Settings Manager OR you use tags in the plugin's description to have the program make a combined setting for you when it start.

I have a couple of quick questions.  Been playing with modding for awhile and decided to try tackling some of the great programs from Mator.  Excellent work BTW.  If I am wanting to duplicate the use of Wrye Bash's bashed patch merging some mods, Do I essentially need to utilize merge plugins first and then utilize Mator Smash?

In addition, in the following picture will the scripts in the plugin Skyrim Immersive Creatures still work or do I need to forward them on to my SmashPatch?

http://postimg.org/image/ilh2b4byx/

Thank you for your time,

Serryn

If you use the latest dev build there's an option to have Mator Smash merge plugins that are comprised entirely of override records, but I personally recommend people use Merge Plugins for reducing ESP usage in their load order.

You need to forward the scripts, but it may not be that simple.  The Bash.Scripts setting doesn't merge the Scripts elements in VMAD elements because it could be dangerous to do so.  Any changes to that should be manually evaluated by the user.

Updated to v0.2.2.  Mator Smash now allows you to modify tags on plugins from within the program.  See the full changelog in the OP!

It says unable to create directory on launch. (0.22) Then crashes.

Sounds like an issue with your file system permissions.

Sounds like an issue with your file system permissions.

crashes at EInOutModule 202C5

I don't think there is any file system permission issue because I moved the whole skyrim folder to another location for modding

MergePlugins runs perfectly too

crashes at EInOutModule 202C5

I don't think there is any file system permission issue because I moved the whole skyrim folder to another location for modding

MergePlugins runs perfectly too

Can you give me a clearer description/screenshot then?  I really don't have a good handle on what you're saying yet.

Hate to say this but I can't seem to run MatorSmash.exe. If I run it in Mod Oragnizer, it just hangs there. If I run it without MO, nothing happens. This is for 0.2.2.

I tried moving it to different directories to deleting the Mator Smash folder and making a new one to throw all of it's contents in. Nothing has been working.

LordMala, where do you have MO installed to (and Smash installed to)?

I was having issues with my antivirus and smash, have you tried disabling it briefly to see if that fixes it?

I noticed that the enabled plugins when I launch smash do not match the enabled plugins in my load order.

For example, the three HighResTexturePack plugins are disabled in MO, since they're only dummies. 

But when I launch Smash, they are enabled by default.

This causes my mod indexes to be shifted in Smash, compared to MO or TES5Edit.

I'm not sure how important it is, but it is inconsistent and slightly annoying.

For comparison, the Merge Plugins application has them disabled by default, as does TES5Edit.

I noticed that the enabled plugins when I launch smash do not match the enabled plugins in my load order.

For example, the three HighResTexturePack plugins are disabled in MO, since they're only dummies. 

But when I launch Smash, they are enabled by default.

This causes my mod indexes to be shifted in Smash, compared to MO or TES5Edit.

I'm not sure how important it is, but it is inconsistent and slightly annoying.

For comparison, the Merge Plugins application has them disabled by default, as does TES5Edit.

Interesting, good to know.

I'll take a peek under the hood.  Smash should be running the exact same load order handling code as Merge Plugins...