Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

• 3 weeks later...

I had to test this.  

Mesh fix:  

-- Works for Player without fail

-- Does not work on NPCs

Script fix:

-- Works immediately on NPCs (cannot see any glitched eyes)

-- Works slowly on Player (can see glitched eyes for a few moments)

Why not a dual solution?  Apply the mesh fix for the player and script for the NPC.

When I read this, I couldn't have agreed more. Why not use both? So, I made a mod that combines these approaches. The Mesh fix applies to the player, and the script fix only applies to other Actors. There are options to configure the script in the MCM, including a hotkey which will apply the fix to all Actors within a distance of one cell from the player (useful if some NPCs already have glitched eyes, or if using a mod that adds new invisibility effects).

If this sounds like a good solution, the mod can be found here: 

Invisibility Eye Glitch Multifix

• 1 month later...

I can't speak for "the team", but it looks very subjective to me. How can anyone say whether the pieces were intended to match perfectly, or have some variation? Maybe it's supposed to make it look more realistic, or just to break it up visually. Calling it a bug appeals to some vague, unstated notion of order, which the real world doesn't really follow.

I meant to respond to this sooner. IMO, it doesn't look like a bugfix to me.

• 2 weeks later...

one question: what is the team's stance on matching armor parts HD?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21679/?

it looks very bug-fixy to me

I agree with Arthmoor.  The mod doesn't change the color enough to even be called as a bug fix, so to me it's just another modification.

• 4 weeks later...

I recall Arthmoor stating that the USKP will not bother with landscape edits. don't know if that stance will change, if someone did the work already. :)

I recall, too. Potential conflicts with other mods is a solid argument against modifications on terrain geometry, but fwiw this mod seems to affect only textures...

No, that mod edits actual landscape data. It's not something we'll consider even if someone else HAS done the work. Landscape edits just cause too many problems for not enough gain.

Nobody has ever reported a problem with that moss, so I had no idea there was even an issue to fix there.

I haven't finished porting fixed bits from Ruffled Feather yet, but yes, there will be things imported from there. Not the whole thing as-is though since SparrowPrince did some stuff as preference modifications too. Especially since some of the stuff he did wasn't done with current copies of USKP meshes so I'm having to be careful not to obliterate past work.

• 1 month later...

It may be fixing a perceived issue, but the method used is a bit more than we're comfortable with. Adding whole new race entries and redirecting NPCs to those is asking a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. Cloak script applied to all nearby actors. Not a solution we'd consider, but if it turns out to be a workable option we can add it to the list.

• 5 months later...

Which of these mods are still relevant today? I am using the latest Unofficial Legendary Patch. Which of these extra bug fixes are still useful and / or important?

It looks like all of them. I'm not familiar with the last three, but I know 100% that the rest of them are still valid concerns, and aren't (and won't) be implemented into USLEEP because they are outside of scope.

Note: Only use one of either "Flora Respawn Fix" or "Wiseman303's Flora Fixes".

I recommend Wiseman's mod. It is also a requirement for kryptopyr's Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (CACO), which is a pretty neat mod itself.

Edit: Also, there is a different Invisibility Eye glitch fix, which may be worth considering. It takes the script approach (like the one Arthmoor listed), but it also adds the mesh approach.

Invisibility Eye Glitch Multifix

Note that I haven't tried it myself (as I use STEP, and the one Arthmoor linked is already integrated), but it looks superior to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There's quite a bit more to it than just another ESP slot :P

It's something I think we should look at incorporating though, provided the author is ok with that. I just haven't gotten around to asking him about it.