Feedback thread

Leonardo

I dunno what's wrong with the uploader for the gallery, but now I can only upload one picture at the time and not upload two or more pictures.

Also, the buttons for browsing the folder on your HDD has a basic layout, I mean the buttons which the forum software are suppose to show isn't there.

For the last hour, perhaps even longer, AFK Mods has been running slow, but has also been down now and then.  Any ETA from Linode about this?

Sounds like the recent DDoS attacks at Linode has affected us, because the forum software just eat almost half of my post and I had to rewrite the missing text which I know it isn't the same text I originally wrote.

• 1 month later...

AFK Mods was down today for a short period of time.  So what happen, database corruption, or is it something different like an update for the forum software?

• 3 months later...

Nothing to fix. That's a valid HTML entity. %27 is the code for the apostrophe. Said link works just fine since it conforms to the HTML standards.

I thought so, but oddly the forum software will include all text that's to the right of the text that the link will have like this.

Boethiah's Calling (it looks normal)

Boethiah's Calling is a quest

What I mean is that the forum software may have a bug that's causing the "all text after a link will be included" issue, which often happen when the poster has edit the post.

Boethiah's Calling is a quest

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind, I should have posted this in a separate thread.

Edited by Leonardo

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is a bug/issue, but apparently I can include in my signature :

- Any number of images

- Images of any size

- Any number of URLs

- Any number of lines

I'm not using much of it (I don't even have one ^^), but this is something that look very open for abuse, and is usually fairly limited on other forums I browse. Or is it so only after a post-count threshold or something ?

It probably could be abused, but to date nobody has. If they do, then we'll obviously crack down on that :P

I wonder why cannot I send a small .rar archive to a member via a PM and it's about a mod I'm working on.  Just curious.

If it's permissions for regular members then I understand, but perhaps a category for mod assistance could be useful and only registered members can download when logged in.  I mention this since TAL already have such a category.

• 3 months later...

I don't see the Skyrim Special Edition download category here, but when I click on this link I see the Skyrim Special Edition download category in the top bar.

Could a separate download category for the Skyrim Special Edition be added to the list of hosted game mods? :)

The category was already there but apparently didn't have the proper viewing permissions. It should be fixed now.

• 4 months later...

It seems I don't have permission to post in an existing thread.

Anyway, why change it and TBH the old forum structure is what makes me coming back since AFK Mods had a special feeling so to speak.  But I think I need to get use to the new forum structure.

I like the changes, but is there an equivalent of the old "Modding Support" forum for posting modding questions? Or are those questions to go in the "General Discussion" forum for the respective game now?

4 hours ago, Kisuke said:

I like the changes, but is there an equivalent of the old "Modding Support" forum for posting modding questions? Or are those questions to go in the "General Discussion" forum for the respective game now?

I would say in the "Mods" section for the game. Looks like that's where things landed.

Aaargh! Organisation happened!

.. and its all a bit good, in a "wish beth net was taking notes" kind of way :D

Good changes overall :) 

One thing which is still kinda lacking imo, something like a "Cross-Game Projects" section to host some topics such as xEdit's or NifSkope's dev threads.

1 hour ago, Kesta said:

One thing which is still kinda lacking imo, something like a "Cross-Game Projects" section to host some topics such as xEdit's or NifSkope's dev threads.

I suggested "Tools" in the Announcement topic but your idea is even better since it's a little more broad.  I had trouble finding my NifSkope and B.A.E. threads. :)