[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Something that's come up working on Beyond Skyrim - is there any possibility of adding Dialogue Views to the list of referenced files the asset manager can list/copy over?

EDIT: Assuming that's not already done in a more recent beta. I don't have access to my PC at the moment but some members reported that it wasn't listed in their version.

Something that's come up working on Beyond Skyrim - is there any possibility of adding Dialogue Views to the list of referenced files the asset manager can list/copy over?

EDIT: Assuming that's not already done in a more recent beta. I don't have access to my PC at the moment but some members reported that it wasn't listed in their version.

There are several issues with them

1) They are not used by the game itself. I created assets manager with a mod packaging in mind, so just ignored them.

2) They are not unique to plugins and could overlap if there are dialogue view records with the same FormID

3) They are not "required" assets - there is no chance to detect if it is a truly missing or just optional non existing file.

I can add them to the copying procedure if you really need.

• Like 1

Exception in unit create line 115: Access violation at address 00407AE2 in module 'TES5Edit.exe'. Write of address 0079006A

Edit:

fixed with 1945

We moved to GitHub, infortunately there are no sequential update numbers there like in svn, so I'll be tagging file with timestamp in format DDMMYY from now on (the date of the commit on GitHub).

Uploaded new version, small fix for lodgen.

• Like 1

It's no big deal but can you tag each release with YYMMDD so it can always be in alphabetical order?

Yeah. Gave me a bit of a surprise today. Still, congratulations on a smooth transition.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't understand how to get the latest version? I mean, it's literally been 2 hours and I'm still searching for it. There is nothing on updates link and the other is quite old version anyway. And the funny part is every other forum, topic, subreddit I found directs me to here instead of just sharing the link to the latest version.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't understand how to get the latest version? I mean, it's literally been 2 hours and I'm still searching for it. There is nothing on updates link and the other is quite old version anyway. And the funny part is every other forum, topic, subreddit I found directs me to here instead of just sharing the link to the latest version.

Go to the first post of this forum.

At the bottom of Zilav's message you find the link to the download.

and the other is quite old version

Go to the first post of this forum.

At the bottom of Zilav's message you find the link to the download.

Like I said, I'm searching for the latest version and that's the old version.

Generation fails with the old version. That's why I'm searching for the latest.

I don't know what do you mean under "generation fails", but that is definitely not an indicator of versions.

Link in the first post always leads to the latest version up to date.

• Like 1

Link in the first post

xEdit 090515

Works for me. I just needed to update too so tried it - After clicking download on the linked site, the downloaded zip extracts fine with 7zip, and the files you install manually from this Work In Progress development version of TES5Edit are working great as usual.

Nothing wrong with the file as far as I can see.

Like I said, I'm searching for the latest version and that's the old version.

When you run the EXE the version number will say 3.1.1 in the upper left corner.  It will not say 3.1.2 nor will it say 3.1.1 090515.  Zilav never changes the version number in the EXE he only names the 7Zip file that way.

Did you read the change notes in the first post?  It only fixes LODGen issues and adds a PBEA subrecord to Fallout.  For now you have not stated what is not being generated.  Are you trying to Generate LOD?  Please explain what isn't being generated.

BUG REPORT: Using either r1945 or version 090515, I have a bug when removing an Items list (Inventory) from an Actor record - while the list itself is removed, the COCT count is left with the old value.   This leads to a CTD before the main menu when trying to load the esp.  This is especially nasty because the bad COCT doesn't show up when 'Hide no conflict rows' is active, nor does it show up as a color-coded difference even when showing all rows, nor does 'Check for errors' pick up the problem.  Without close examination of the COCT row, the erroneous record *looks* identical to a working record that lacks the erroneous COCT.

This led to much hair pulling while tracking down this bug, with many remarks of the form 'how the #!$% can those records be causing a CTD?  They're identical to the ones in Dawnguard.esp!'.

Fortunately, once the bad COCT is found, it can be easily removed, and the esp made loadable again.  However, I'd appreciate it if you could fix the COCT count upon removal, *and* have 'Check for Errors' flag an error when the COCT is non-zero for an empty list.

Oddly enough, this does NOT happen when removing an Actor Effects list - the SPCT record is correctly nulled out in that case.  Likewise, removing a Perks list also works fine.   The bug appears to occur only when removing an Items list.

And is there a better place to post bug reports like this?

Would it be feasible to have a switch for checking what version of CK an esm/esp in TES5Edit was last saved if ever saved and not only checking for errors in a mod?

The reason I ask is this thread at the officials.

There is no way to do that really.  I don't think you could even do that with a CK extender. Plus I'm gonna look at the plugin in question but I highly doubt it's corrupt because of 2 to 5 changes made with Snip over 3 years ago.

The thing is, it's not just the 2-3 changes in 2012. It's the fact that the whole file gets written out that's at issue. How many times have we all been over this ground and STILL we're trying to explain to people the issues with using Snip? No matter how old the edits are, they're not going to just get magically fixed by the CK.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about this. That nifty map that comes up when you hit ALT+F3. Is there any chance of getting zoom support on it? It's a really cool feature I didn't even know about until the other day but it can be hard to get an idea of what's going on when the map is so small and the yellow squares are barely large enough to hit with the mouse pointer.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about this. That nifty map that comes up when you hit ALT+F3. Is there any chance of getting zoom support on it? It's a really cool feature I didn't even know about until the other day but it can be hard to get an idea of what's going on when the map is so small and the yellow squares are barely large enough to hit with the mouse pointer.

Press F3 for worldspace selector window and set higher resolution LOD level tiles like 16 which will double the map image size, 8 will quadruple etc. There is also Zoom setting to scale image, but better to just use different LOD tiles and avoid scaling.

By default it is 32, what game uses when viewing a map.

p.s. You can also right click and jump to the current cell in worldspace for quick navigation (child worldspaces are supported too) :)

• Like 1

Been following the latest discussion about Snip on the Bethsoft forum, where Arthmoor posted this:

Just be sure to use the latest development version of xEdit for this. The 3.1 copy on Nexus generates some bogus errors about STAT records that has since been fixed in the dev copy.

So just a few questions from my side:

will the next version be able to fix this automatically or do we need to revert to an older esp before the errors happened?

how do I know/find out whether my plugins have such an error?

any eta on the next relese (also because of DynDoLOD ;))?

thanks.

Errors it reports don't get fixed automatically. Those all need to be evaluated manually.

but will it be able to report the error? or asked the other way: with the next version of edit, if it doesn't report an error for me, I have not been hit by the bug?