Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Leo, I'd advise staying far away from that page you linked. My scam/BS detector is pegged. Just read their "54 steps" thing and buried about halfway down is some BAD ADVICE to blindly download "MalwareBytes" from a site that isn't the MalwareBytes page.

If you've got this virus, go to the proper MalwareBytes homepage and use their free version download to fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the names to pick for a domain, you'd think "theassimilationlab" would be pretty safe right? Well I got a notice from the Chinese domain registration guys that some chemical company in China wants to register "theassimilationlab'. I did some checking and the domain registrar and the company are legit. They won't be able to register .com as we have that, but they're going to register .cn and a few variants of that. Of course the registrar offered us the chance to register .cn and some variants and we politely declined. :rofl:

Quite frankly I think it will help us more than them. :shrug:

I'm never going to buy another game with EA or DICE sticker on it. I haven't seen such useless - and in fact nonexistant - support for ages, if ever. There's no way to report bugs, there's no way to get official support (unless you count a clueless indian idiot with no knowledge of anything in the EA live chat), you're basically stuck. I've had it with these clowns.

Don't get me wrong though, Battlefield 4 is an awesome game, but everything else around it is shite.

• 4 weeks later...

About 8-10 years ago I started to use Outlook Express Backup Wizard and after I tried that it become my favorite e-mail backup tool.  The reason I even tried Outlook Express Backup Wizard was simple, because Outlook Express itself had a very useful feature, which allowed you to both export and import account settings from Outlook Express to Thunderbird vice versa.  So every time I reinstall Windows I launched Outlook Express Back Wizard and that saved me a lot of time back then.

Unfortunately, Outlook Express was removed in Windows7.  So I lost my favorite e-mail backup tool until today when I found MozBackup which is freeware.

• 3 weeks later...

Since when did YouTube care about what browser you're using and I read this today.  Don't they understand that Pale Moon is a Windows based version of Firefox. :blink:

Youtube is one of the evil sites that does user agent sniffing to try and see what you're using as a browser. While Pale Moon originated with Firefox 24, it's now its own separate thing that has little to do with where Firefox is going now aside from backporting security fixes.

This is why Pale Moon 25.1 "lies" to websites by declaring itself as Firefox 33 now. Youtube doesn't know the difference and gives you all the "advanced" features.

Typically Google, first they produced the Goggle glasses and what they get in US was a massive storm of protests.  Then they started to find out what browser people are using.  Have they nothing better to do?

Btw...  I'm using Pale Moon 24.7.0 (64). What version of Pale Moon do you use the latest? :)

Random but I got a Notepad++ update today, and on installation it opened a new file and typed this out:

Freedom of expression is like the air we breathe, we don't feel it, until people take it away from us.

For this reason, Je suis Charlie, not because I endorse everything they published, but because I cherish the right to speak out freely without risk even when it offends others.
And no, you cannot just take someone's life for whatever he/she expressed.

Hence this "Je suis Charlie" edition.
- #JeSuisCharlie

I'm on 25.1.

I figure that after my reply.

I don't recall now which version it started, but I think Pale Moon started to annoy me a lot after the 24.2.0/24.3.0 update.  So I even downgraded Pale Moon to version 23.7-24.0, just to get some stability when visiting forums listen to music on YouTube.

Is 25.1 a stable version?

25.1 has been stable for me. I can't even remember the last time it crashed.

25.1 has been stable for me. I can't even remember the last time it crashed.

Well that's encouraging I mean considering how many modding forums you're active and/or uploading mods, updates, patches or whatever stuff you have uploaded over the years. :P

I've just updated Pale Moon and previously I didn't read the changelog, but today I did and notice this which likely is the culprit for all crashes I got in Pale Moon on every site.

Removed the NVidia 3D Vision auxiliary utility library.
This library has been the likely cause for a number of crashes on NVidia cards, and is completely unnecessary for Pale Moon.

And I have a Nvidia card.

You should update to 25.1 then, cause that changelog entry basically says it'll fix the problem you're having :P

Play Civ - Beyond Earth free this weekend on Steam and if you already have Civ5 installed then just click on the install button to begin the installation.

Time to logout and play like a maniac. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chinese government, it would figure :P

Hope they never decide we're a juicy target.