Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Today I installed a phpBB forum on Sovngarde and later the same day I also installed a wiki page, but I think I need to update the wiki page because it wasn't the latest version.

I know there is a lot to do so it might take some time before I'm satisfy, but it's a good start and I'm not in a hurry to get everything in place so the home page will be blank until I've more time to build it.

I've the last week now been struggle with an installed style or theme on my forum and that's to get the same look for both installed styles when I've a mod installed, but earlier today I did get the same look for both styles unfortunately it was on my local Apache server.  Here is a picture of how it looks like.

I know I've mention this before but could the file size for uploaded pictures into a post be increased to let say 1 Mb, because I just tried to upload a picture (jpeg) in this post and that was around 375 Kb which wasn't acceptable. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That does pretty much prove that we are each of us different and what happens to one, works differently with another.

Earlier today the phone rang so I answer, but I didn't heard anyone on the other side and I hang up.  A few minutes later the phone rang again and the same thing happen I couldn't heard no one so I hang up a second time.

After that I phone someone who might be the one who make that call earlier but nope it wasn't, so I call my best friend and he said "So your got it working now." upon I replied "So that was you who call me earlier." and he said yes it was.

That incident help me to make a decision and that was to buy a new telephone today which I did, so now I've a wireless telephone instead of the old one that's just a piece of junk by now.

This is what I did today so how was your day today. :)

Just a normal day for me, I hope.....

You hope!   Of course you can't say more than that about what day you may have before you, since I'm +6 hours ahead of BSF and when I posted how my day was it's late evening.

Ugh.

102 degrees out, but bone dry humidity. Breathe in that for 5 seconds. Come back inside and swallow a lake.

The contractors just finished tearing down the balcony from the master bedroom -- and no more water coming in.  They just got the railing up in front of the patio doors that are up there and it looks really nice.

My fibro is really acting up with this latest weather change, balance is really off and I can't talk straight.  Anyone looking at me who doesn't know me would think I'm drunk.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the right thing by having that balcony removed.  The contractors did a really nice job, it looks almost like the house was designed without the balcony.

The really nice thing is that we don't have any more water coming in.

And back to random.

Kittehs.

Finally, I'm going to reinstall Windows7 on a brand new HDD and it's larger than the HDD I had before, which has a least one damaged cluster and are probably the cause for a wonky sound when I playing games despite for a new sound card I bought a couple months ago.

It's about time I do this, because that way I'll get rid of any trace I had of Panda AV for how long I can't remember exactly how long I've been using Windows7 without reinstallation during this time.

• 2 weeks later...

The other day Gstaff suddenly *pruned* the subforums for all Skyrim DLC on BSF and moved all content there were, but when I looked at the statistics I was amazed of how many posts/topics there were in all together so I copy it over here.

• 186900 topics
  • 3420256 replies

All these posts and topics belong to the Skyrim forum section including all subforums too.  Incredible! :blink:

Compare it with the others TES games forum sections except for the old games.

Makes sense for them to merge the contents I guess. The mods forum has been one big melting pot all along anyway.

Is that supposed to be a surprise? If the data is out there, you can be sure that it's being mined, and not just by the authorities. You might be surprised about how much information corporations gather about individuals. Or maybe not :P

Doesn't come as any surprise to me at all :P That said, corporations tend to gather information about people for much less nefarious purposes than the NSA gathers information for. Plus the corporations don't tend to go around hacking into each others computers on such a massive scale and have legal protection to keep them from being held accountable for it when it's exposed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Amazing Follower Tweaks mod over a year now, so when I install it I thought why not to read the readme just in case I forgot something important.

But when I read this I said to myself WTF this can't be correct WinRAR can corrupt mod files when either extracting or opening an archive. :blink:

C. Manual Installation (Downloaded from SkyrimNexus)

This is probably the safest method as it ensures full control over when
    you upgrade (or don't upgrade) to the latest version of the mod.

1) If you do not already have it, get 7-zip : www.7-zip.org

** Do not use WinRar to open/extract .7z files. It will corrupt them.

Is this true that WinRAR will corrupt mod files?

I for one find it very hard to believe that WinRAR could corrupt archived files once they're extracted or opening an archive.  I've used WinRAR for years and have never heard such thing about corrupted archived files.

Highly unlikely it would do that. Seems more likely the user simply got a corrupted file from Nexus and didn't bother to try downloading it again.