Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Ditto - WinRAR can open z7 files.

Yeah I know and you know what WinRAR can both add/delete files into existing archive (provided that the archive doesn't have the 'R' attribute enabled) which 7zip cannot do.

So you can both add or delete files in an existing archive with 7zip 9.20?

Yeah, I can do that. I've been doing that for so long that I didn't even consider it not being possible :P

Well that was a new experience for me since the last time I tried 7zip I couldn't do that regardless what I tried, so perhaps I wasn't trying all features there is in 7zip back then.

Just a heads up about Google Code download site mentioned here.

I think this change hasn't got anyone attentions yet, but who knows perhaps some people are aware of this change.

Yeah, saw that a few weeks ago. The only thing it affects for me is my blog software.

If your project is using downloads to host and distribute files and has a need to periodically create new downloads, we recommend you move your downloads to an alternate service like Google Drive before January 15, 2014.

Translation: We're not getting enough ad revenue from our cloud storage service so we're forcing the issue now.

If they seriously think this is supposed to curb the abuse they whined about in that same posting they're terribly mistaken.

If they seriously think this is supposed to curb the abuse they whined about in that same posting they're terribly mistaken.

I think this is exactly the same situation the old Napster site was handled by the BSA just before they took the decision of a lawsuit.

• 3 weeks later...

Today when I read the mod threads in Skyrim mods forum I notice this topic and after I look at the mod I decided to download the mod, but I also make sure I had everything updated which was of course not updated at all a least some mods wasn't.

So my question is...  Why must every mods be updated so damn quick?  A least I can't follow every mods that's updated because I don't use them, but it's good to know the community is very creative when it comes to reliable mods.

I'm getting old and older too fast. :P

If you could choose what decade you were born in then what decade would that be.

Probably the latter half of the 1980s so I'd be in a much better position to have grown up through the dawn of the computer and/or internet age.

You know I would choose the 80's too not necessarily the late 80's, but the 80's sounds good to me.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on Steam, because just minutes ago Steam was updated a third time this evening and that has never happen before.

Are they going nuts during the massive cheap game sales that's going on right now or what? :blink:

Apparently, according to the 3rd update this morning, someone on staff "accidentally" leaked a beta for the client last night. Funny, but that shouldn't require THREE updates afterward to correct it. (And people wonder why I hate Steam)

(And people wonder why I hate Steam)

Well you're definitely not alone because I hate Steam too, but a least I'm trying to get along with it and it's almost similar to those people who doesn't get along with OBMM.

The only reason I put up with it at all to begin with was because of Skyrim. Then Dwip had to go and give me some game gifts, and then I had to find some stuff on sale I wanted, etc etc. None of which has at all improved my opinion of the DRM side of things one bit. In fact it's only heightened my hatred for it because one day Valve will pull the plug and none of these games will work anymore.

Anyone who thinks Valve will pull the plug only after decoupling the games from the system is deluding themselves.

In fact it's only heightened my hatred for it because one day Valve will pull the plug and none of these games will work anymore.

Nope.  Valve have stated that they'll not do that according to this FAQ for Empire Total War regarding Steam.  Of course a lot of things may have changed since 2009, but I doubt it will change Valve's policy about this matter.

Q: What if Valve decides to shut Steam down?

A: Steam is a complete cash-cow, there's no reason why it should be closed down. Also, Valve has promised (as it has been said many many many many times before) that they'll release a patch that disables Steam from all games if they ever want to close the service down.