Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I don't think I've added a new bookmark that wasn't a job advert in half a decade.

Also

*Waves at Hana*

So I was digging around in the old mod ideas thread and was reminded of a few things I wanted to see happen, namely:

- A crowded roads type mod

- A darker dungeons/darker nights mod

- A way of avoiding the MQ trying to railroad you into the TG/MG

Did any of this ever happen, I wonder.

There's one travelers mod I know of. Crowded roads it isn't, but it does the job nicely enough. General crowded roads mods probably won't work as well as they could. Skyrim's AI is a bit fiddly on distance travel.

There's too many lighting mods to even begin to list, and I'm not even using one yet.

I don't think anyone ever did anything with the railroading issues either.

There is one for the Thieves Guild that works quite nicely.  I'll need to track down the link again.  But I'll post it as soon as I find it again.

:D

Exactly what I was after.  Thanks guys.

In other news, dear BOSS: while I realize the FUBAR masterlist thing isn't your fault, why do you keep messing up where my Bashed Patch is at?  Why would I ever want any other esp, unrecognized or not, to go after it?  Argh.  Also, TES5Edit, I'm sure I want to make changes.  I'm always sure I want to make changes.  I can't even tell you how sure I am that I want to make changes.  I am so totally and completely about making changes, the certainty of my wanting to make changes shines about me like a holy light.  Which is to say that yes, I'm sure.

[edit] And while I'm at it, Bash, why in the name of fuck would anybody at all want to see both the Oblivion and Skyrim inis at the same time on the inis tab?  Is there ever a situation where this would ever be a good idea?

AND WHILE WE'RE HERE:

Hey Bethesda, why is there no smith in Ivarstead?  Now I have to slow walk all the damn way to fucking Riften at half a mile an hour all because I'm too much of a jackass not to drop that 20 pound hammer I'm going to sell for 30 gold and why do I hate my life and arghsdfiaueiriajfmaweorsldkfj;as3w5

Well, you could at least solve the TES5Edit problem :P

Right click the icon on Bash's status bar, check "TES5Edit Expert", never be bothered by "are you sure" again.

Now, all I need to do is find a herd of cattle to sacrifice.

You can't have my herd!

Oh, and I hear y'all about having an extra forum to visit now.. that's why I rely on RSS/email.. and the fact that Opera will reopen with my tabs already where I left them. ;)

Hey Bethesda, why is there no smith in Ivarstead?  Now I have to slow walk all the damn way to fucking Riften at half a mile an hour all because I'm too much of a jackass not to drop that 20 pound hammer I'm going to sell for 30 gold and why do I hate my life and arghsdfiaueiriajfmaweorsldkfj;as3w5

To return to this, I actually did it.  Took me 40 minutes, but I did it (apparently because capitalism fuck yeah).  Several observations:

- When you're 70 lbs overloaded, keeping auto harvest ingredients on is somewhat self-defeating.  Also looting that random DB assassin for his elven shit.

- I'm not really sure why those 3 Riften guards at the windmill felt I needed to die for a 40 gold bounty, but I guess?

- SO MANY BEARS.  ALL THE BEARS.  FOREVER BEARS.  EPIC LEGIONS OF BEARS.  Also a couple of skeevers, apparently?  BUT REALLY BEARS.

I'd think the point about auto-harvest would be self-apparent... 

Apparently 40 gold is a LOT of money, after all, you were willing to spend 40 minutes real time slow walking while grossly overloaded for 30 gold...

Run into a few bears on the way, did you? Maybe they wanted your hammer so they could auto-harvest some honey? :P

You should upload Weye back here Dwip, apparently a sizable number of people are Googling for it and landing here looking for it.

And done, since I suppose we're past the point I really need to care a lot about keeping Nexus the sole source for the thing.  Also AFK_PrayerIdles apparently never made it here either.

And apparently in his retirement, Gaius Verres decided to take up guarding the gate in Solitude.  And got a lot younger, too.

So, there I was walking past the farm SW of Riften, when I see this Imperial patrol with a Stormcloak prisoner.  I decided that was pretty strange, since I haven't started the Civil War yet and Riften is firmly Stormcloak still.  Apparently the patrol agreed with me, because all of a sudden they veered off the road, walked over to the river, walked in the river for a while, then headed back to the road, just in time to meet up with the Riften guards outside the mill, who promptly attacked and slaughtered the lot of them.  Laughing to myself, I kept walking, only to meet still more Riften guards sprinting from the gate to join in the now expired fun.

Amusement.

For what it's worth, Dwip, I just read over the description of AFK_PrayerIdles and it sounds like a mod I'd really want if I was playing Skyrim. Good idea! :)

:P

Meanwhile, there comes a point in the life of every Skyrim player where new textures are the way to go.  Fortunately, Skyrim Nexus can help with this.  Mostly.

All I ask for is a reasonable shiny jewelry replacer.  How hard could it be?