• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayle

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

:shrug: Indeed, life in general is often all about perception. whistle.gif:chuckle: At least you caught it in a mod you weren't planning on releasing rather than because you'd released the mod and someone else brought it to your attention. ;)

So, after all that work, I found a better way to handle the capes for the Guards, and funnily enough, it looks better this way. Trucking along on this though. Almost have all the meshes and textures ready to go in-game. Though, I need to pose the inquiry. I gotta find a way to maybe add the Imperial Banner to the new Legion Capes... Maybe something like:aka_impbanner.jpg&t=1Only white or Light grey, on the black capes with red lining I've got made for the Legion...

The mod of mine linked here may be of some use to you.Also, I've created a cutout version of the Akatosh symbol, which can be had in Photoshop or GIMP versions.It may be of some further use to you to go straight to the probable source of the capes you're using, and to use some of the color combos present there. The version of Someone1074's capes/cloaks that I'm using is in this mod, which is also a handy clothing mod in its own right. Among other things, there are pre-existing white and I believe grey textures that you can mess around with.

Thanks for the cut-out, Dwip, that helps a lot. :D Now I just need to get it added to the proper cape. I'm just having issues selecting a color for the Legion Armor, I was initially going to go with a black cape, with a vibrant red lining. But I'm wondering if a more roman-esque look isn't more appropriate. Mabe a scarlet cape with red lining, or perhaps a purple cape with scarlet lining.

For what it's worth, Kayle, that imperial logo looks good to me that way. :shrug:Also, for what it's worth, I (and I believe Hana too) am using Dwip's AFK_Blades_EQ mod and am very happy with it...Black with vibrant red sounds tasteful if a bit bright going off just that wording choice. Of the two you said you're wondering about, purple with scarlet sounds prettier to me. I'm pretty sure Oblivion lore doesn't restrict purple to royalty either unlike many other medieval based worlds.

NP. The scarlet is probably the better of the two, IMHO, although if you somehow got Morrowind-style Legion armor, the purple would go well.

Hmm, I don't know, I suppose ultimately it'd really just depend on the shades of each of the colors being used and what it's being used over as well. :shrug:

I ended up going with the Black/Red Cape as it looked the best with the revised Texture of the Legion Armor for the regular Legion members, and the Red or Scarlet for the Palace and Watch Captain armors. Even tossed in a new Black/Red Hood for the Legion Battlemage's over at the Arcane University. Soon as I finish re-meshing the Armors for the town guards I'll start working on that bit as well. Hopefully, I'll have this done and ready for some Screenshots this weekend.

Well, at the very least it sounds like your imperial legionnaires, even down to the battle mages, will match.. and black and red do generally go well together.. I guess I'll have to wait to see the screenshots to see how good/bad it ends up looking, but it doesn't sound bad.

• 1 month later...

FIgured I'd dredge this up and point out that I figured out why I couldn't get the NVidia plugin to work with my Photoshop.http://tibcoadmin.com/photoshop/nvidia-dds-plugin-for-photoshop-cs4-64bit/I was using the 64-bit version, and the plugin needs to be run in the 32-Bit version.