• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayle

• Conner

• Arthmoor

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly, I can't get the plugins to make Photoshop recognize the .dds files. I tried the legacy version and the current version and neither would work. And I'm wondering if it might be because I've got an ATI Radeon HD5770 rather then an nVidia card.

I wouldn't think that would matter. GIMP and Paint.NET both behave with .dds files just fine on ATI cards.

Nope, it doesn't matter the card.Verify it's installed in ...Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS4PluginsFile Extensions (should have dds.8bi file)...Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop CS4PluginsFilters (should have normalmapfilter.8bf file)You can just toss the files in the right spot, don't need to 'install'If you're on Win7, it's not the Adobe stuff that's in Program Files (x86).

Downloaded Paint.NET and had a go at it, but I'm still getting errors in the CS even after re-texturing the files, updating the .nifs and the module itself. I'll give the Photoshop stuff another go because stepping down from photoshop to something like Paint.NET feels very limiting. =/[Edit:] Okay, got the PS stuff back in, made sure they're in the folders you mentioned, Hana, and it's still telling me it's invalid.

Okay. So another question has arisen, NifSkope can't edit the actual content/shape of an armor it can only change things like the textures. (I think.) So how do I edit the actual mesh itself?

Ok, silly question then, did you close and re-open PS?What errors are you getting in the CS now?Edit to answer the new question: Blender is the tool to create 3D models (meshes). Very advanced for a new modeler. What are you trying to do, maybe I can help?

I've got two versions of the Black Hand Robes for females, and I like the way the lower body is on the one, and the upper body on the other. And I was trying to take the lower body and put it with the upper body so that I have the perfect Black Hand Robes for my character.

You could probably do that in the CS by creating a new armor or clothing piece (whichever it's designated as). Depending on each mod and if they are separate pieces.Select Clothing, right click > New, and fill in the box with the different pieces for each slot that you like, giving it a ID and new name, of course.This is just a general idea without knowing/seeing which mods you mean.

I closed and re-opened photoshop, and restarted the computer for good measure.The CS errors are really odd. After updating the .nif, and .dds files, if I load up a Bravil Guard that should be wearing the updated mask and check the preview box I get:"Could not find parent node extra data for 'BASE Armorninjabmask.nif'.After clicking Yes to continue a second one pops up reading:"The biped part 'Armorninjabmask.nif' should be skinned for 'Bravil Guard'.

You could try this tutorial - but I can't guarantee good results.I have no idea what those CS errors mean, but it points to a definite problem with that mesh. Is that the "fixed" mesh I mentioned a few posts back?

Well, I finally got the two bits together, and the lower body parts didn't look as good as I thought with the top, so I've scrapped the idea entirely, and now I'm going to go back to figuring out this guards thing.

Learned enough that I got capes and hooded capes made for my own version of the Diverse Guards mod. Hopefully tonight I'll get the items made in the CS and can move on to redressing the guards in slightly scarier armors. Speaking of, I'm looking for a nice replacement helmet for the Skingrad, Leyawiin, and Anvil guards that's a little heavier then the goofy chain ones they have, but doesn't look quite as goofy as the sallet from the two mods from the first post.I was actually thinking that the Celata from Final Fantasy XIV might look good on them, but I fear my modeling abilities are too limited to replicate it. I can get screenshots of it if anyone here wants to give it a try. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

Quick search at Nexus found these that you may have already seen;Imperial Roman Closed helmets Imperial DragonAkaviri Pretty sure no one here can model a new helmet. Making armor is fairly difficult, and helmets especially need a secondary program to create files that make it fit the head slot. Your best bet would be try to retex any existing helmet like the steel or iron.

Yeah, take it from the Blender gurus. I know I certainly appreciate all they can do, because Blender is like trying to learn Spanish by reading a Greek textbook on the subject when all you speak is Russian.

I don't know FF characters' date=' but I'll take your word for it.[/quote']Bronze_Celata_Icon.png
Quick search at Nexus found these that you may have already seen;Imperial Roman Closed helmets Imperial DragonAkaviri Pretty sure no one here can model a new helmet. Making armor is fairly difficult' date=' and helmets especially need a secondary program to create files that make it fit the head slot. Your best bet would be try to retex any existing helmet like the steel or iron.[/quote']I saw those, and a lot more, but none of them really jumped out at me. =/P.S. What's with the quote button copying in HTML codes?

It is a nice helm. Looks a lot better in the actual game then the icon shows. But I think with a silver or steel colored texture it would look really good on the guards. It even has a slightly roman look to it, like a lot of the Oblivion armors do.

The roman look is what caught my attention most actually, I think it's a little more pronounced in the helm you posted than in most of the in-game Oblivion ones, but it's not so far off that it wouldn't blend in nicely.