Jump to content

My Stuff Uncus


Uncus
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

A game I've been playing off and on for Quite a while, it's called "Banished" it's a sort of city builder.

20210915161633_1.thumb.jpg.34304f9ec087db3bd3e07dcf02a98cfc.jpg

Love Banished.  I even would name some people and then following their family line as generations live on.  The last game I played I finally turned on all natural disasters.  The town got hit with a tornado, then a fire started, and before I got the fire out another tornado hit.  I was actually left with just one male townsman.  He was just left eating food that was stored in a few of the remaining homes and finally died of old age.  But again, I love this game and have been considering playing it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never done the naming citizens, might try that sometime. I have played with disasters a few times but found the frequency far too much, you would need tobe the unluckiest settlement in the world to get that much grief.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uncus said:

Never done the naming citizens, might try that sometime. I have played with disasters a few times but found the frequency far too much, you would need tobe the unluckiest settlement in the world to get that much grief.

 

Admittedly, it was surprisingly bad.  I thought I could tackle one, recover, prepare for the next ... NOPE, it's more like BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, Why are you still alive!  Poor Robinson Crusoe (what I named that last guy).  I kept thinking that some nomads might join and help get the village rebuilt, but that just wasn't meant to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats another thing you get loads of nomads at the beginning of the the game but seem to get less later but admittedly in larger numbers at a time. At least thats my experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Uncus said:

Thats another thing you get loads of nomads at the beginning of the the game but seem to get less later but admittedly in larger numbers at a time. At least thats my experience.

Yeah I noted that also.  Though further into the settlement building I generally don't need Nomads (unless some plague kills some people or something) and housing the people I have is the problem.  I need to build homes at that point, not fill the one's I have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Yeah I noted that also.  Though further into the settlement building I generally don't need Nomads (unless some plague kills some people or something) and housing the people I have is the problem.  I need to build homes at that point, not fill the one's I have.

If nothing else they are a good source of laborers, I usually build a few barracks for homeless people and they go live there in the beginning. Then when I’ve used them to boost production quickly I start building homes for them once I have the production to support it, leaving the barracks empty for the next wave of immigrants. I do find it is a good idea to have three or four hospitals as nomads have a greater chance for plague infestations at first and enough schools to ensure the second generation is educated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Uncus said:

A game I've been playing off and on for Quite a while, it's called "Banished" it's a sort of city builder.

20210915161633_1.thumb.jpg.34304f9ec087db3bd3e07dcf02a98cfc.jpg

Looking at your map I noticed you have houses right up against one another.  After I had a random fire about wipe out half my town I started putting a space between each home to stop/slow the spread of fire.  That plus plenty of wells and fire was no longer a problem.

I remember it was interesting to see the tombstones in the cemetery grow in number as people would randomly die.  I once had one of the families I was following have a young mother killed in a mining accident.  I knew I should have reassigned her.  Somehow her newborn child survived and grew up, only to be killed when a tree fell on them, before they could have offspring, so that was the end of that line.  :(

When I get home I may have to find and post some of my old town pics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Looking at your map I noticed you have houses right up against one another.  After I had a random fire about wipe out half my town I started putting a space between each home to stop/slow the spread of fire.  That plus plenty of wells and fire was no longer a problem.

I remember it was interesting to see the tombstones in the cemetery grow in number as people would randomly die.  I once had one of the families I was following have a young mother killed in a mining accident.  I knew I should have reassigned her.  Somehow her newborn child survived and grew up, only to be killed when a tree fell on them, before they could have offspring, so that was the end of that line.  :(

When I get home I may have to find and post some of my old town pics.

Agree if you have disasters turned on that is a good stratergy to limit losses. In this one Im cocentrating on building so have disasters turned off so not much of a problem this time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, LeBurns said:

Here's one of my early settlements, Rorikstead (okay so I'm not too original with names).  I still find the random deaths in the event log interesting.

20171223210709_1.thumb.jpg.bc5bc258e7b3b77adb11de81537f9a6a.jpg

.

I think I am going to boot this game up again.

yep it is sort of addictive ain't it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

This is about stuff I like, so I'm waiting to collect my new German Shepherd in about 6 to 8 weeks he is going to be my retirement buddy and personal trainer. Making sure I get enough exercise in stead of sitting behind my computer all day. here is a short film that shows why I prefer this breed, since child hood.4966e461-5cd0-4234-af2c-dd24dad279cf.thumb.jpg.2abf629eaff40c2297a8a4b64497836b.jpg

Me with the Bruce the dog that taught me to walk. Now watch this you tube film and enjoy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys, just a heads up here. For those that don't know steam has just released an update to Fo3 that removes the GFWL dependency. The good news is that the steam version should now have the same playability as the GOG version. Potential bad news is that a clean install of Fo3 is recommended to get the full benefit of the patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

And, of course, we now have people complaining about it.   *sigh*

Its the where are my achievements cry babies mostly. Just be glad the game is now playable, steam will probably reinstate the achievements some time anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rotzi said:

Why? Isn't this a good thing?

The internet is often an echo chamber of hysteria.  There are people who have been convinced by click-baiting YouTubers and anonymous reddit posters that current Fallout 3 mod lists are obsolete, that existing Fallout 3 mods will have to be updated or remade, re-downloaded and reinstalled, and that this is the end of Fallout 3 modding as we know it.  We get this kind of reaction whenever Bethesda changes anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pseron Wyrd said:

The internet is often an echo chamber of hysteria.  There are people who have been convinced by click-baiting YouTubers and anonymous reddit posters that current Fallout 3 mod lists are obsolete, that existing Fallout 3 mods will have to be updated or remade, re-downloaded and reinstalled, and that this is the end of Fallout 3 modding as we know it.  We get this kind of reaction whenever Bethesda changes anything. 

Lucky me. Playing F3 on xbone is a really quiet experience. No hysteria. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...