NexusMods Refugees

4 hours ago, Lefty Scaevola said:

Is there one for Oblivion?

There is not (at least not that I know of), and my personal involvement as far as the Steam forums go is pretty much limited to just the two Skyrim forums, and keeping up on activity in the FO4 forum.  Unfortunately, there has not been much interest in posting to those two linked threads - much of the interest among people posting in the Steam forums in general seems to be more along the lines of complaining and decrying the actions taken by Nexus, and not so much in actually doing anything - such as posting information as to the new homes for mods that have been removed by their authors or informing those of us who post regularly in the forums of such information.  

Personally, I think it would be great if anyone who knows of the new homes for mods would post a link in the appropriate thread - or even post it here (if Arthmoor does not mind) - and then I could repost that information, though it would be much more effective and quicker if the info was posted directly to the thread and did not rely on me seeing it here and then reposting it.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sigurð Stormhand said:

I still have mods in development from 2007 :whistle:

I'm pretty sure I'll still be working on ETaC by the time TES 10 is out. 

Anywho, I'm a little late to this party (I've just recently returned from an extended hiatus), but saw this thread and figured I'd pop in to say hello to all my fellow expats :wave: so hello!

2 hours ago, missjennabee said:

I'm pretty sure I'll still be working on ETaC by the time TES 10 is out. 

Anywho, I'm a little late to this party (I've just recently returned from an extended hiatus), but saw this thread and figured I'd pop in to say hello to all my fellow expats :wave: so hello!

Missjennabee, glad to see you here!  Posted a link to your mods over in the Steam Special Edition forum thread:

Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/3050611812302244828/

Welcome back from your hiatus (and, BTW, we will still be playing TES 5 when TES 10 is out, as well - LOL!)

Actually I have never reckoned myself a refugee.

I am the ancestor of Kynareth and a true believer in Malacath as we are foul and ugly and stupid.

Maybe too stupid since we don't understand the moves on named site.

Give me some time to reconciliate my moves. I have 60 mods ++ to take care of. This is not a question for space but love.

A little off topic, but with people posting their mods on other sites, I thought this should be mentioned.

Just to let everyone here know, if anyone sees a link to this site - http://www.modskyrim.com/ - it is quite likely a pirate site.  I have notified a member of Nexus staff with whom I have communicated in the past, about it (though whether they can do anything is doubtful), and have contacted several mod authors whose mods are posted on that site, about it, as well.

This is the discussion thread where it was first mentioned:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5902-anybody-know-something-about-this-skyrimmods-hoster/

If you are a mod author, check that site to ensure that your mods are not being hosted there without your permission.

3 hours ago, Lisnpuppy said:

Certainly seems way more chill over here.  Can't for the life of me think of why.

No mission creep / fluid t&c's / monetary concerns here :) (well, so long as Arthmoor can afford some chicken for sustenance once in a while). Have a fishy stick :fishystick:.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.