NexusMods Refugees

SkyLover

4 hours ago, Lefty Scaevola said:

Is there one for Oblivion?

There is not (at least not that I know of), and my personal involvement as far as the Steam forums go is pretty much limited to just the two Skyrim forums, and keeping up on activity in the FO4 forum.  Unfortunately, there has not been much interest in posting to those two linked threads - much of the interest among people posting in the Steam forums in general seems to be more along the lines of complaining and decrying the actions taken by Nexus, and not so much in actually doing anything - such as posting information as to the new homes for mods that have been removed by their authors or informing those of us who post regularly in the forums of such information.  

Personally, I think it would be great if anyone who knows of the new homes for mods would post a link in the appropriate thread - or even post it here (if Arthmoor does not mind) - and then I could repost that information, though it would be much more effective and quicker if the info was posted directly to the thread and did not rely on me seeing it here and then reposting it.

On 8/5/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sigurð Stormhand said:

I still have mods in development from 2007 :whistle:

I'm pretty sure I'll still be working on ETaC by the time TES 10 is out. 

Anywho, I'm a little late to this party (I've just recently returned from an extended hiatus), but saw this thread and figured I'd pop in to say hello to all my fellow expats :wave: so hello!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, missjennabee said:

Anywho, I'm a little late to this party (I've just recently returned from an extended hiatus), but saw this thread and figured I'd pop in to say hello to all my fellow expats :wave: so hello!

Missjennabee, glad to see you here!  Posted a link to your mods over in the Steam Special Edition forum thread:

Where to find Nexus mod refugees?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/3050611812302244828/

Welcome back from your hiatus (and, BTW, we will still be playing TES 5 when TES 10 is out, as well - LOL!)

• Like 1

Actually I have never reckoned myself a refugee.

I am the ancestor of Kynareth and a true believer in Malacath as we are foul and ugly and stupid.

Maybe too stupid since we don't understand the moves on named site.

Give me some time to reconciliate my moves. I have 60 mods ++ to take care of. This is not a question for space but love.

A little off topic, but with people posting their mods on other sites, I thought this should be mentioned.

Just to let everyone here know, if anyone sees a link to this site - http://www.modskyrim.com/ - it is quite likely a pirate site.  I have notified a member of Nexus staff with whom I have communicated in the past, about it (though whether they can do anything is doubtful), and have contacted several mod authors whose mods are posted on that site, about it, as well.

This is the discussion thread where it was first mentioned:

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5902-anybody-know-something-about-this-skyrimmods-hoster/

If you are a mod author, check that site to ensure that your mods are not being hosted there without your permission.

:devil:

So, this is where all the cool kids are.  Certainly seems way more chill over here.  Can't for the life of me think of why.

Hope everyone is well.  I just wanted to say hello.  I'll go back to lurking now.

12 hours ago, Lisnpuppy said:

Certainly seems way more chill over here.  Can't for the life of me think of why.

No mission creep / no fluid t&c's / no monetary concerns here :) (well, so long as Arthmoor can afford some chicken for sustenance once in a while). Have a fishy stick :fishystick:.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, I still feel somehow lost. I started modding at the end of 2014 and had my project page on Dark Creations. That was nice and family like. Dark Creations shut down and I moved to nexus. I still miss Dark Creations..I always thought nexus was too big, but then the community turned out nice, mostly.

After the twist now it looks like many of the experienced modders (users and creators) are gone from nexus. When I scroll through the forums there are many newcomers around and few of the elder members. It's like not recognizing the old playground anymore, or the town you once lived in.

In fact, I ask myself if it's worth the time to put efforts in mod creating for people. I enjoyed that a lot, really, but for the first time I feel that it makes no difference if you do it or not. Tom Hel Shira would comment: "They are all effeminated. "

Maybe. And I'm, too ;) I guess there is a generation change and I'm simply too old :psychocookie:

I followed a lot of topics on nexus feedback recently. Looks like they have big problems with performance, lost functions and other issues. Do they rebuild their whole platform? At least a lot of it, I think.

Oh well, I will finish what I've started, even if nobody will notice it. Let's sing together: For pirate's honor, today we seize the king's ship! :trumptroll:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tasheni said:

In fact, I ask myself if it's worth the time to put efforts in mod creating for people. I enjoyed that a lot, really, but for the first time I feel that it makes no difference if you do it or not.

You seem like a nice person, and it seems as though you really enjoy modding. So, I would have to ask why you ask yourself that question at all. I'll share a few bits from some of the old school mod authors I bumped into. Most of them would have told you to "mod for yourself", and "it should be something you enjoy doing". Also "if others enjoy the results, that's just a bonus". So I say have fun building what you enjoy, put it out there for others, if others like it also that's a win win situation.

Now go finish that project you obviously enjoy working on.

Tasheni, personally, I never looked at Nexus as being a place to communicate and interact with others.  Not being a published mod author, for years I had no interactions, except for a very few, with mod authors - and that was really the only reason I could see for using Nexus as a community - and then only through PMs.  As a place for the community of people who actually play the game, I found Nexus and Bethesda to be useless - the forums were and are not, really user friendly.  So, from the start, I always was active on the Steam Skyrim forums, and I can tell you that there, we have an extremely active and dedicated group of people who have been around (in some cases) since the very beginning.  The people in the Steam Forums may not be mod authors, but they are the people who play the game and use the mods that people like you create - and all the work that you and other mod authors do is greatly appreciated  Recently, I have started following the forums here in AFK more - but again, they are not that user friendly for just scanning through topics to see what is happening on a daily basis - but they serve the purpose for what I use them for, ant that is to see what Arthmoor and now, some other mod authors - such as yourself, are doing,

So, if you have any doubts about being appreciated or in people not caring what you do, dispel them immediately.  I see everyday hundreds of posts in the Steam forums where people are constantly discussing the modding scene, as well as asking for help with their games, and myself and others of long experience are constantly talking bout new mods and about how the game works and how it can be improved.  Do not ever think that what you do is not appreciated or is not enjoyed by the vast majority of people who actually play the game or are active in the Skyrim community as a whole.

And now, I'll shut up and drink my coffee - LOL!  I;ve rambled on too long as it is, and it is time for me to see what is going on over at the Steam forums!  Thanks for you works, Tasheni - and all mod authors - and keep it up!

"mod for yourself"

Yes, and no. Would be too boring to do that all for myself. And I would not have come that far without the community. Comments and feedback is an important engine for motivation :shrug:

But thank you for your kind words. I guess I was a bit melancholic this evening :cry::lmao:

Do not ever think that what you do is not appreciated or is not enjoyed by the vast majority of people who actually play the game or are active in the Skyrim community as a whole.

I guess this is exactly my fault. Is that called "big time whinging?" I vow to do better in future :redface:

Anyway, here is an update of my website: https://seeyouinskyrim.net/skyrim-stuff/next-step-is-done/

Thank you all for your kind words.

Nice looking site, Tasheni!  Added it to my favorite bar for ease of reference - am looking forward to seeing the further progress on it - good luck!

And if you can't do "big time whinging?" amongst your friends, where can you?  After all, that is one thing that friends are for!  (Not to mention, some of us do the same - LOL!)

That is a nice looking site. Will be interesting to see how you develop it. And yes a little whinging now and then is acceptable. We all do it.

Community support is a good thing for sure. It's certainly a motivating factor for me as well. In general through I do the modding because I like doing it. Most days. On the other days I play games instead. :)

On 9/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, missjennabee said:

MISSJENNABEE!

*HUGGLES*

Can't believe I found you here! :lol:  It's so good to see you again especially after all the crazy fallout that went down in Nexusmods.  I was away from Skyrim for a LONG time both irl and yes guilty as charged. CP2077/NMS/Elite Dangerous/Space Engineers/GTA/RDR2/FarmingSimulator/Fallout TTW&NCR&Metro/Midieval Dynasty etc etc I'm looking at ALL of you  :teehee::lmao:

Spoiler

So I was completely stunned when I got the toxic memo of what had befallen Nexus through one of YongYea's YT popups. Apparently, the nuclear rad fallout was so bad in the Nexus realm that Yongyea was reporting on it. :ghostface:  Warped 10 in my battlecruiser from the fringes of The Outer World back to Sol. Only to encounter the sheer horror of  the civil war going down in Nexus. And even more horrific, the discovery that AAA grade modders the likes of you, Arthmoor,  Ac3s etc etc were in full rebel mode. Making the Civil War in Skyrim look like choir boys executing a Boy Scout exercise.

Still trying to recover from the permanent fracture Dark's vision had for the future of Nexusmods. While my head understands his decision, my heart simply isnt in it. And I'm forever heartbroken of the devastation this has brought to what was one of the best, prolific PC modding community in the industry.  Still frequenting Nexus but only to access critical gameplay mods that are in my mod deck. That new Collections feature is not going to work for the 5% outlier gamers like myself with less mainstream mods. 

So as an official refugee, I'm relieved to have found a new home. And estatic to have found other well loved modders like you and Arthmoor.  My TES universe would'n't have been the same without conscientous modders like you :)

Are you planning on supporting the new (and final? lol) edition format Bugthesda is releasing? Trying to decide wether it's worth upgrading/reloacting to this "final" edition from SE. Just when I finally got my 330+mod deck configured and working correctly with MO2, along comes this... :facepalm: 

Edited by Thane Baldur
Because I can?

Also glad to see MissJennabee here, my navmeshing mentor way back in the day. ETac one of my favorite mods :)

Not been playing in Skyrim for ages sadly.   Also a refugee from Nexus, I took my housemods off when they stated categorically that it was all or nothing - kinda voted with my feet at that point probably mostly from pure stubborness, I dislike ultimatums :)

Due to the recent changes on Nexus I think twice before I upload a new mod there. As I can't opt mods out the collections feature, I decided to publish certain mods on my website (see profile) instead and keep the old ones on Nexus. Then I post an image of the respective mod into the image share section of Nexus with a link to the article on my website. I did this recently with an armor mashup for Fallout 4. 

On 8/6/2021 at 1:38 AM, Sigurð Stormhand said:

I still have mods in development from 2007 :whistle:

So I'm not alone with this "problem". I have one project which is in development since 2009 and I finished many other projects meanwhile as I need variation.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, Tasheni said:

In fact, I ask myself if it's worth the time to put efforts in mod creating for people. I enjoyed that a lot, really, but for the first time I feel that it makes no difference if you do it or not.

Sometimes, I also ask myself why I'm still making mods when seemingly nobody notices it what I've accomplished after hours of research and trial and error. I don't know what needs to be done to become more visible. 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:09 PM, Tasheni said:

Anyway, here is an update of my website: https://seeyouinskyrim.net/skyrim-stuff/next-step-is-done/

The design of your website gives me nostalgic vibes and makes think playing this game again but this time with the special edition. But let me finish some other stuff first :X

The design of your website gives me nostalgic vibes and makes think playing this game again but this time with the special edition. But let me finish some other stuff first 

:celebration:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 12:33 AM, Gentester said:

Also glad to see MissJennabee here, my navmeshing mentor way back in the day. ETac one of my favorite mods :)

Not been playing in Skyrim for ages sadly.   Also a refugee from Nexus, I took my housemods off when they stated categorically that it was all or nothing - kinda voted with my feet at that point probably mostly from pure stubborness, I dislike ultimatums :)

Hi Gentester! It's great to see you're still around and on here.  Are you hosting your mods on this site or elsewhere on your own?  If the latter is the case, then are you still sharing your work the likes of Candle Pond Ranch?  That remains one of the best country manors in all Skyrim. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thane. They are on the ModSanctum discord server in the mod drop section atm.  Probably the SE versions will go to the Mod Sanctum site when it goes live. I have no idea where the LE versions will go. I'll probably just link to my Dropbox for them.  I keep meaning to ask Arthmoor for permission to upload them here and just as equallyy  - I keep forgetting to rofl   https://discord.gg/NtXmVWRq    but if you want them privately just shout  - I have them all on dropbox :)