Mod Theft and Steam Workshop

Arthmoor

Dammit! I missed all the fun. What happened? I see that the mod stealing thread was closed. I assume all the stolen mods were pulled. Any official announcements or anything? Was any body banned from Steam?Gstaff just deleted my PM and didn't reply. :sad: Must have had an inbox full, I bet.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Dwip

Somewhat anticlimactic. Suddenly my stolen stuff is gone, then the collection page, and all there was to show for the effort was a PM from GStaff I can't show anyone :P

Well' date=' EOS is ready-set for that' date=' since SKSE is required. I could just throw in the Kill() command for the player failing the SKSE check (like is done in All Natural, as you said).[/quote'']

If you do that, make goddamn sure your SKSE detection script is solid! Don't pull a Khettiana. Still pissed at that stunt... angry.png

Only if it comes to that. Since this incident has ended in our favor, I'm holding off on making the player miserable for not having SKSE.And explain, please, what Khettiena's little "stunt" would be? I must've missed that.

Dunno what to tell you Andalay, so far as I know I haven't done anything to deserve special contact or favor from him.

Khettiana pulled a "kill the player if OBSE not installed" stunt with her horse mod. First, it wasn't required. Her mod wouldn't run without OBSE, but it was hardly the end of the world. Second her OBSE test was so flawed that it was pretty hit or miss whether it would properly detect OBSE or not. It was the most convoluted mess I had ever seen. And it chose partway through a test run to fail. I had already been playing for several minutes and had just played through an involved test setup. Just when I was ready to confirm that the test was successful - kaboom. I got told to RTFM, first, which pissed me off, then my guy keeled over and died. I was really really pissed off and I let my opinion be known on the Beth forums. :wink: The reason she implemented it? She was tired of explaining to people that her mod required OBSE. Christ, if she had to respond to half the questions I get about Ob XP or DBC...And since I was running Ob XP, DBC and several other mods that required OBSE...I would never dream of implementing something like that and I was really pissed that she choose to do so because she was tired of answering support questions.Arthmoor - Gstaff likes you, that's all. *nudge nudge, wink wink* It was probably because it was your mod that got stolen. I was reporting on behalf of someone else. My guess anyway.

See, and I was going to put the favorable treatment thing down to who Gstaff's hist supplier is.:P

Who? Me? A hist dealer? I am crushed that you could suggest such things!

Good thing I only check for SKSE once per game session, either on initialization or when you reload a save. There is no need in hell to constantly poll for SKSE being present. If it's there, it's there. It's not going to suddenly be "not there" in the middle of a dragon battle.I know what I'm doing here, you know. You can trust my SKSE detection is reliable.(Though now that you dared question me, you may find yourself dieing at random from here on out because I'm trying to spite you. :evil: )

Well I couldn't resist passing along this little tale to Amadaun, and this is what she thinks went down:

Theory on what Arthmoor got in his PM: A phone number for a professional kneecapper. Who shows up in full steel armor, of course...."My name Thrud. Mr. Leeezard tell Thrud find thief. You thief? Oh goody. Mr. Leeezard tell Thrud break knees. Thrud ask you hold still, or Thrud supposed to use other end of axe."
innocent.gif

Good thing I only check for SKSE once per game session' date=' either on initialization or when you reload a save. There is no need in hell to constantly poll for SKSE being present. If it's there, it's there. It's not going to suddenly be "not there" in the middle of a dragon battle.

I know what I'm doing here, you know. You can trust my SKSE detection is reliable.

(Though now that you dared question me, you may find yourself dieing at random from here on out because I'm trying to spite you. :evil: )

[/quote'] rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Now you just need to figure out my character's name. Hint: it's a character in DBC.I've often wanted to include some special little code for certain players... :evil: And yeah, quite frankly I figured your code would be good. I was just suggesting a little more testing if you were going to implement such a thing. :biggrin:

Surely this means I have a mole in my operation. (hmm, no smiley of a guy with an axe cutting an enemy in half?)

Now you just need to figure out my character's name. Hint: it's a character in DBC.I've often wanted to include some special little code for certain players... :evil: And yeah' date=' quite frankly I figured your code would be good. I was just suggesting a little more testing if you were going to implement such a thing. :biggrin: [/quote']I find that the people who say they installed SKSE but the mod is still telling them they didn't tend to have performed an incomplete installation, as in they didn't install the SKSE base scripts into their Data folder. If you don't have those, this mod can't access the functions SKSE provides, and thus it throws the error.

It'd be nice if we could detect that. For those that actually attempt to troubleshoot on their own... There are a few...

Haha, surprise surprise. He had to set things straight before people started thinking you two were buds again.

Heh, in order for there to be an "again" there had to be a first time. That never happened.

And we're surprised by that? So long as he doesn't get squirrly and drop his bomb I won't have to either. Heck, someone might just beat me to it and then there's nothing he could do :P

Trouble is, this "past" he's referring to that I shouldn't return to is a figment of his imagination. He probably doesn't even realize that all the people on that list he just mentioned don't like him either.