[RELz] Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Arthmoor

Those are all text changes, which I'll get to carrying through at some point, but you're fine if you carry them over now until I can get to it.

So long as you're not waiting on me to put it up on Nexus. While they're insistent on revoking control over what we do with our files is an ongoing thing, I won't be updating anything there anymore.

What do they want now? From what the T&C says:

you are granting an infinite, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license for Nexus Mods to store, distribute, copy or reproduce, edit, translate, reformat, publicly display, or perform the submitted content, at our discretion

Has the "edit" condition always been there I wonder? A mod edit by Nexus surely must take place in consultation with the author. Can the submitter of the file perform an action which counters any of their non-exclusive rights wrt above? There's only an excerpt from this which says:

You only retain the rights to files you have uploaded to a Nexus Mods site

Do they have anywhere an updated description of what a mod author's rights actually are? In the past, it seemed to work quite harmoniously, at least on the surface.

3 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Has the "edit" condition always been there I wonder? A mod edit by Nexus surely must take place in consultation with the author.

It is my assumption that by "edit" they mean the accompanying text (description page, comments, ect) rather than the mod itself.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

It is my assumption that by "edit" they mean the accompanying text (description page, comments, ect) rather than the mod itself.

:D Good catch. Still, it's no easy task to locate their definition of edit, and in the case of description pages, moderation edits would be far and few between. @Arthmoor's concerns may be with that or something else there, but to avoid derailing this thread any further, a thread is posted here: