[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

No system should be doing automated takedowns like this. Flag for manual review. Get someone to look at it. Take action only then and have someone explain it to the author. They do that for forum posts, I don't see how the mods site should be any different. If they can't hire on enough people to do proper review of this stuff then they need to shut the mods site down because it'll become a trollfest where anyone and his dog can show up and start flagging things for "offensive content" and clear out the whole library.

Yes, I am aware. All I got yesterday was a system notification from the site saying it had been removed for "offensive content".

I could still reach the page for a few hours. Then couldn't. The listing has been completely deleted and nobody has said anything as to why. Seems like a fatal flaw in their setup if it's possible for a single troll report to get something taken down for a bogus reason.

I am not amused obviously and if this is how things are going to be run over there I just won't bother. Even Valve at least properly investigates and doesn't issue an immediate takedown with an automated system.

Did you contact Gstaff? It's an open beta. Things happen.

I posted a thread in the CK section. That got their attention. Yes, I also contacted GStaff and he said they're looking into what happened.

Still pretty dumb that one report was all it took to cause this much of a disruption in things.

Haven't quite gotten to that point yet. I think we still need to check some things and decide how we're going to approach that because we may already have inter-DLC conflicts to address which can only be handled effectively with a unified patch.

Right now, yes, It's safe to go ahead and play with the UFO4P installed. Just make sure you grab 1.0.1 :P

Thanks for all your work so far! If inter-DLC confilcts are indeed an issue, a unified patch may be the way to go, especially since Far Harbor won't be the last DLC as confirmed by Pete Hines this week: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/727861381173784576

p.s.: Was able to download and activate the UFO4P without problems via bethesda.net just now.

Arthmoor cheers for the work on the unofficial patch.

Two questions though.

Is your team aware of the bug with the Distress Pulser Signals you pick up from the quest The Lost Patrol? When you scrap them in a settlement they set out a permanent distress signal that leads you to where you scrapped them. There are many reports about this online.

Also is the fact we dont have legendary versions of the new Automatron weapons and armour a bug? Or was it intended?

Cheers

It seems that the following records have their meshes switched:

• ConstructionBarrier02 "Construction Barrier" [MSTT:00024848] (SetDressing\Construction\ConstructionBarrier02.nif)
  • ConstructionBarrier02Dest "Construction Barrier" [MSTT:000F676A] (SetDressing\Construction\ConstructionBarrier02Dest.nif)

If you check these in NifSkope against their ConstructionBarrier01 counterparts, you'll see that the former is the "destroyed" version (no lights, tilted bottom panel), so the .nifs were probably named wrong in production.

Is there a specific reason why fo4 bug reports are so often posted in the comments thread and not in the bug tracker?

Hi guys.

Just a quick query. When is the next version of this due to be released? Only the next one has, I believe, the full proposed fix for the settlement stats/happiness bug which is currently making my game pretty unplayable.

I'm being impatient, sorry lol, but count me 100% grateful as well.

Thanks for all the work on this so far.

Version 1.0.2 is now released. We are again skipping beta on this one (for the last time btw) because these were easily checked changes and the settler script update is pretty important.

At this time we are suspending updates until further notice. A number of engine bugs have been cropping up lately and biting us in the ass one by one and we can't continue operating this way without fixes from Bethesda and/or some kind of answers from them on what we may be doing incorrectly.

Please continue to file bugs reports, but at this time we cannot say for sure when we'll resume work. Right now the situation is just becoming too dicey to deal with properly.

I have a question about bug #20197 (Weapons dropped by NPCs who have been killed are never removed from the game world etc).

So, upon death npcs does not drop weapons on ground (or whatever), instead weapon "sticks" to the arm in a reloading state (i guess, looks wierd). I'm not sure if this is how it supposed to work, because change log says "Weapons will still appear to fall away from the bodies". This is confirmed by several people. Also, you can't move dead bodies unless weapons taken from them (not sure if this is because of patch, might be not). This is only with patch, no other mods, latest game version.

How it looks in game (pic).

5FRHWNr.png

Upd: nope, it's not even reloading, this is really wierd.

Another pic.

b4L8amq.png

I didn't test much with other weapons, but pipe pistols have same issue, they "sticks" and do not drop.

@apheX

That's what we see in print screens is a result of the "new weapons" in FO4 they consist of two or more meshes.  <--- (These are my guesses.)

Probably Beth did not find solutions for these "special effects" with weapons during NPC death therefore they left 100% possibility to drop weapons by the dead NPC and that does not cause "special effects".

Unfortunately, this causes problems with saves, Beth decided to go "this route" despite the fact that already in Skyrim is also caused problems with saves about which they knew Very Well.

I got it. Actually, I do not care how weapons looks on dead bodies. The only thing I need to know is that UFO4P team aware of this and this is how it supposed to be. Because I was thinking this is some sort of bug with patch or my game since change log says weapons still drop from the bodies.

By the way, I found strange that no one mention this on nexus or here, or pretty much elsewhere. I think people would notice such behavior weapons and it makes me think that this is not normal. But again, if this is how it works for everyone then I can be calm and continue playing.

The weapon drop fix entails setting iDeathDropWeaponChance to 0. That's the extent of the fix. NPCs continuing to hold their weapons on death is normal behavior when this setting is zeroed out.

The weapon drop feature is broken in the game anyway. The dropped weapon is a second instance of the weapon. When you normally take the weapon on the ground or loot the weapon from the body, the game follows a link to the second instance and disables that instance. However, if you use a script to take the weapon from the body or the ground, the link breaks, the second instance is not removed, and you duplicate the weapon.

Yet another bug that will likely not be fixed by Bethesda. That you cannot move bodies that are still holding weapons is also a bug.

The link that ties statics together for the scrap system is also broken. For example, if you scrap a barrel that is linked to another object, the object is disabled. However, if you use a script to loot the barrel, the object won't be disabled, and if that object is a static object that cannot be scrapped, you've created an eyesore and unscrappable hindrance to your settlement building fun.

The weapon drop fix entails setting iDeathDropWeaponChance to 0. That's the extent of the fix. NPCs continuing to hold their weapons on death is normal behavior when this setting is zeroed out.

The weapon drop feature is broken in the game anyway. When you use a script to remove the weapon from a body to another container, the weapon is duplicated because the weapon dropped on the ground is actually just another instance of the weapon. Using a script to remove the weapon from the body, or from the ground potentially, breaks the link that would normally disable the second instance.

Yet another bug that will likely not be fixed by Bethesda.

It seems to me that it is rather the point is that all the weapons look strange after the death of NPC.

The barrel separated from the handle, for example.

Thanks for explanation. But this strange looking weapons is also normal and everyone who uses patch have same result, right?

I thought I would take a sounding before submitting the following issue to see if folks thing it is "working as intended" or not...

You know how normal enemies can be gibbed/dismembered after death? Well I discovered that no matter what you do to them, some of the named enemies associated with the Silver Shroud quest line are not set up to be dismembered. I am thinking of folks like AJ and Kendra (I forgot to check Wayne). I noticed with AJ that repeated shotgun shots to the head didn't dismember him but they did deal with his toughs so I checked further.

Now I wondered if this behaviour was because of the need to "Leave Calling Card" on the body. This would be a reasonable explanation rather than "Leave the card next to the sticky blob and random eyeball".

Opinions? Bug or working as intended?

Version 1.0.2 is now released. We are again skipping beta on this one (for the last time btw) because these were easily checked changes and the settler script update is pretty important.

At this time we are suspending updates until further notice. A number of engine bugs have been cropping up lately and biting us in the ass one by one and we can't continue operating this way without fixes from Bethesda and/or some kind of answers from them on what we may be doing incorrectly.

Please continue to file bugs reports, but at this time we cannot say for sure when we'll resume work. Right now the situation is just becoming too dicey to deal with properly.

Is Bethesda aware of the required fixes? Did they confirm/respond in any way so far? Without the fixes, would this mean the end of the UFO4P project before it really started?

Also, is the 1.0.2 patch safe to use for the time being (with DLCs installed and without the required fixes from Bethesda that you mentioned) or should I better revert to a non-modded save-game file?

Are the changes made up until 1.0.2 not affected by the engine bugs?

Gee, I really hope Bethesda will get this sorted...

I thought I would take a sounding before submitting the following issue to see if folks thing it is "working as intended" or not...

You know how normal enemies can be gibbed/dismembered after death? Well I discovered that no matter what you do to them, some of the named enemies associated with the Silver Shroud quest line are not set up to be dismembered. I am thinking of folks like AJ and Kendra (I forgot to check Wayne). I noticed with AJ that repeated shotgun shots to the head didn't dismember him but they did deal with his toughs so I checked further.

Now I wondered if this behaviour was because of the need to "Leave Calling Card" on the body. This would be a reasonable explanation rather than "Leave the card next to the sticky blob and random eyeball".

Opinions? Bug or working as intended?

I haven't done that particular quest (I think mine is stuck somehow) but from what you're describing it sounds like a reasonable assumption that those enemies are immune to being gibbed. We'd need to look and see if there's any special settings for that, because there probably are.

Is Bethesda aware of the required fixes? Did they confirm/respond in any way so far? Without the fixes, would this mean the end of the UFO4P project before it really started?

Also, is the 1.0.2 patch safe to use for the time being (with DLCs installed and without the required fixes from Bethesda that you mentioned) or should I better revert to a non-modded save-game file?

Are the changes made up until 1.0.2 not affected by the engine bugs?

Gee, I really hope Bethesda will get this sorted...

All of the issues have been reported, so yes, they're aware. Not all of them have been acknowledged though, which is the disturbing part. They really NEED to be patched or we're going to be in a world of hurt. Not just for the UFO4P either. Modding this game in general is going to be severely restricted if they never fix the two big issues: The Cell Reset Bug and this thing with the precombined meshes that force you to make unwanted edits to cause the cell culling to be disabled.

So yes, if they never fix this, we have no particular reason to keep hammering away at things because it'll basically amount to this: :wallbash:

Yes

Okay then.

Still I wonder why change log claims this - "Weapons will still appear to fall away from the bodies, but clicking on them will instead open the corpse's inventory where you can then loot it."

It says that because it was assumed to work the same as in Skyrim. Apparently it doesn't, but the result is effectively the same either way. You see the weapon but it's still properly attached to the body instead of generating junk refs that the game never cleans up.

My take on this is it's not a bug since there is a perk associated with scrapping weapons for rare parts. Having limited carrying capacity you simply cannot carry every piece of loot from enemies you kill. You can make multiple trips to secure the weapons for recycling and breakdown. I didn't really notice a problem with this on a 200 hours play through even if I didn't pick up everything.

You can still take the weapons and still scrap them for all the parts you want. That hasn't changed at all since they're still in the inventory of the corpse.

It says that because it was assumed to work the same as in Skyrim. Apparently it doesn't, but the result is effectively the same either way. You see the weapon but it's still properly attached to the body instead of generating junk refs that the game never cleans up.

Got it. Thanks again to everyone who helped me figure it out.