[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

@Sclerocephalus

Fix for #22285 on my Google Drive.

I'm linking here because for some reason I can not sign in to Tracer.

List of corrected NIF's.

Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCircleCustom01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCurveL01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailCurveR01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle02.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailHalfCircle02Short01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailShiftL01.nif
Meshes\Landscape\RetainingWall\River\RWRiverPieceRailShiftR01.nif

You probably need to do a password retrieval because I upgraded the tracker's encryption.

• 1 month later...

I've logged over 1000 hours in this game and just came upon this issue -- maybe others already knew this. Was building some machinegun turrets in a newly acquired settlement and in Workshop mode it showed that I had exactly enough resources to build a turret. Only problem was that it didn't 'build' (didn't appear in faded green). This usually happens when you don't meet the perk requirements or don't have the resources, but the pop-up window clearly showed that I had everything I needed. So following a little experimentation today I discovered the problem was that the workshop was trying to use Knight Varham's holotag to make the turret (it shows as having 1 steel). But because it's a quest item the game wouldn't let it. That holotag shows up in the Misc tab, not in the Junk tab.

I don't know if this is a new issue with the most recent version (CC version) or if it's been there all along, but you may consider addressing.

That sounds like an expected protection against losing a quest item. Something we are not going to correct for without being very sure that the item does not need to remain one for some reason.

19 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That sounds like an expected protection against losing a quest item. Something we are not going to correct for without being very sure that the item does not need to remain one for some reason.

Hmm - true, this is not a bug. But is it possible to exclude all quest items (they are marked as such, and the mark can be deleted, but often is not) in the workshops search for resources? Because this would not touch quest items and avoid false results.

No, the protections for this sort of thing are handled at the engine level. The only thing that could be done would be to remove the quest item from its alias, and as I said, that's not something we're prepared to do without knowing for certain if the item can even be safely removed from it.

Hi Arthmoor,

Is it still ok (safe) to play with the latest UFO4P patch after the latest update/patch from Bethesda? I guess so, since there weren't many (any?) game changes but I just wanted to verify before I continue playing. Thanks!

^ There are some changes made to the Fallout4.esm file, some CELL records changed don't know why tho.. But I doubt it will cause incompatibility.

Edit: Also looks like this new update broke file sorting, all esp files will always be sorted after esm files so it means that current UFO4P will we sorted after all esm files which will cause conflicts with many esm mods.. Thanks Beth :-/

Thanks for the info so far. UFO4P is the only mod I am using right now so the sorting issue shouldn't be a problem for me at this point (still hope Beth will fix this of course). An update from Arthmoor would be welcome, maybe with a tentative date for the next patch release....it's been a while ;-)

I just noticed this while inspecting the patch for an eventual french translation :

DLC01RETravelSC02, DLC01WorkshopRobotAttack01, DLC01WorkshopRobotAttack02, DLC01WorkshopBotRaiderAttack01, DLC01WorkshopBotRaiderAttack02 : UFO4P sets these quests names in German (fingerprints from Sclero, eh ? :P ), I suppose it isn't even displayed ingame.

On 9/3/2017 at 3:43 PM, Arthmoor said:

No, the protections for this sort of thing are handled at the engine level. The only thing that could be done would be to remove the quest item from its alias, and as I said, that's not something we're prepared to do without knowing for certain if the item can even be safely removed from it.

Couldn't you simply remove the scrap value from Knight Varham's holotag (and any other similar quest items) so that it doesn't scrap into anything?

• 1 month later...
On 19.4.2016 at 12:25 AM, Arthmoor said:

WorkshopParentScript: Array out of index error corrected. (Bug #22514)

That should be 'Array index out of range error'.

Plus, the fix for #20799 should be flagged NR.

Hello :bunny:

I've just updated UFO4P to 2.0.2 from the previous version via NMM and reordered through LOOT. It's showing as an ESP instead of an ESM (in both LOOT and NMM) - is that ok? It's been placed at top of my LO by LOOT (just below official game and DLC) and the rest of the mods I have installed. I take it this will not effect the patch in any way?

Sorry if this seems dumb but I am kind of new to PC mods and I have a basic knowledge of all this 'stuff'

Anyway - thank you for taking the time to make this patch and I hope you have a good holiday.

Cheers 

Yes, that's fine. The file is flagged as a master and the game will treat it as such as long as you've updated to patch 1.10.26.

Had to toss up a hotfix. A section of script was duplicated in the Workshop stuff that should not have been.

Using the latest UFO4P (2.0.2a), game version 1.10 on PC, no mods except UFO4P:

Is this normal?

I changed companions from Curie to Ada, who was waiting in Sanctuary. The log is on, because I had another bug (reported in the tracker #23085), and then I found this:

[11/07/2017 - 02:00:13PM] Saving game...
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:13PM] VM is thawing...
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.GetNextThreshold() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1207
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.TestValueForAffinityBump() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1655
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.GetWithPlayerAffinityGain() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 300
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.HandleWithPlayer() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 684
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.::remote_FollowersScript_CompanionChange() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 443
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot access a variable of a None struct
stack:
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.GetNextThreshold() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1207
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.TestValueForAffinityBump() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1655
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.GetWithPlayerAffinityGain() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 300
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.HandleWithPlayer() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 684
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.::remote_FollowersScript_CompanionChange() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 443
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp372"
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot access an element of a None array
stack:
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.GetNextThreshold() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1209
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot access a variable of a None struct
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] error: Cannot call GetValue() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.TestValueForAffinityBump() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1660
[11/07/2017 - 02:00:29PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "ThresholdValue"
stack:
	[ (0100FF12)].companionactorscript.TestValueForAffinityBump() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\companionactorscript.psc" Line 1660
[11/07/2017 - 02:04:16PM] VM is freezing...
[11/07/2017 - 02:04:16PM] VM is frozen
[11/07/2017 - 02:04:17PM] Saving game...
[11/07/2017 - 02:04:17PM] VM is thawing...
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:07PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[None].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:07PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:
	[None].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:16PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[Active effect 2 on  (0100FF12)].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:16PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:
	[Active effect 2 on  (0100FF12)].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:42PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[Active effect 1 on  (0100FF12)].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:42PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:
	[Active effect 1 on  (0100FF12)].AssaultronShockHandScript.OnEffectStart() - "C:\Users\Dr. Peter Haas\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\AssaultronShockHandScript.psc" Line 32
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:57PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:07:57PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:08:06PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:08:06PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:08:24PM] error: Cannot call play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[11/07/2017 - 02:08:24PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "sound01"
stack:

The second group (AssaultronShockHandScript) is probably working on Ada in the Robot Workbench, where I changed the legs to Assaultron Legs, and fiddled around with her hands.

But the first group was logged, when I went to Ada with Curie as companion, and asked Ada to come with me. The exchange worked normally, but there was no dialogue (maybe because Ada has none?). The problems with AffinityBump could also be because Ada has no affinity.

Just wanted to report it - there was no problem in the game visible, but a lot of none objects.

CompanionActorScript errors with Ada are completely 'normal' and expected. Each companion has its own set of global variables to store certain affinity data, which CompanionActorScript is processing on a regular basis. For unknown reasons however, a set of variables for Ada is completely missing from the game. They are not only not initialized on Ada's script, they do not even exist!

Assuming that it was intended to omit certain behaviours for Ada, creating bogus globals for her is probably not the best solution. Plastering the script with sanity checks (this would require many!) is not practicable either. I'm not sure yet how this is best fixed.

The assaultron stuff cannot be fixed. There were some issues in the script that could be fixed, but these errors cannot. They are thrown because the script keeps on running when the engine has already cleaned up the magic effect it was attached to [NB: Note that this happens with all magic effect scripts, and they throw similar errors]. The engine is pretty aggressive in cleaning up magic effects as soon as they finish, but papyrus always lags a bit in noticing this.

EDIT:

It turned out that the assaultron stuff can be fixed after all, by using the papyrus 2.0 function IsBoundGameObjectAvailable():

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=IsBoundGameObjectAvailable_-_ScriptObject

This will be included in UFO4P 2.0.3.

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen it mentioned but there was an update sometime recently (steam just grabbed my attention last night)

New files as far as I have seen include :

The game exe

ccc file

Interface bsa

meshes bsa

plus a couple of new ccc mod files

------------------

O/T But has there been a shift of attention someplace else ?

ouija board instead of a keyboard?

where is this discord thing? Could we have links in a Site announcements sticky?

Edit : Ah nvm about discord, just found it after logging in and going back to the front page :facepalm:

Edit 2 : Aand my work machines block discord :facepalm:

Yeah, there was a new official patch. Arthmoor was having internet issues the other day when it released which may be why he didn't post about it. Pretty sure he'll check to see if it impacts the patch in any way soon if he hasn't already, but it was just more changes to CC related stuff as far as I know so probably nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately Bethesda didn't post any devnotes on what the patch did so we have nothing really to go on other than a quick check in xEdit. A couple of new keyword edits to merge but that's it. Those should be in the beta we're working on now.

UFO4P 2.0.3 is now in beta. Second post has the details. Yes, you will need to make sure your games are updated to patch level 1.10.64 or there will be problems.