[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch [UFO4P]

Arthmoor

A condition check was on the wrong line. Update is on the way.

Version 2.0.4 of the UFO4P is now live. Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Been experiencing more frequent crashes with my current play through.  It's probably a new mod I've installed, but decided to check whether all my mods were cleaned with FO4Edit.  Found two dirty mods, one of which is the current version of this unofficial patch -- with 2 Identical to Master Records found.  This probably isn't the cause of my problems, but wanted to point out so you could address in the next update.

• 1 month later...

UFO4P 2.0.5 is now in beta. Second post has the details.

We'll likely let this one soak for 2 weeks or so before going live since it has some stuff in it that needs more people to poke at it to make sure it's working. There will also be more updates along the way to add to the fixes we've done to the settlement workshops so far.

UFO4P 2.0.5 is now live. Enjoy!

Worth noting that we've also released a build for the PS4 alongside this which we will consider to be in extended beta until our next full release. Any PS4 users trying it out please feel free to comment on any issues that may arise.

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up - an infinite loop issue got into the UFO4P 2.0.5 update and if you happen to be among the unlucky few who trigger the conditions (an actor has to change locations when the workshop is not loaded) you'll quickly find out of control Papyrus log sizes if you have those turned on.

Update to UFO4P 2.0.5b ASAP to avoid getting bit by this.

If you were unfortunate enough to get bit already, it's STRONGLY recommended you go back to a save from before you updated to 2.0.5 to begin with. It's only been a few days, the loss of progress won't be that big a deal.

UFO4P 2.0.6 is now in beta. Expect this to last about a week before it goes live. Second post has the details.

btw, fix for issue 23353 also fixed issue 24399 that I opened about the traders at nuka world never taking off the shock collars after open season, if you want to include that the release notes

The bugfix for the duplicate sugar bombs paintjob for the T 51 doesn't seem to be working. Tested on a new save with the beta patch. I'm still seeing two identical sugar bombs paint twice in the material mods menu.

My character in Fallout 4 goes invisible when in stealth mode and I got a mod to fix that, but now stealth boys don't make me invisible, but give off the effect they do. Is there anyway to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I posted this in reply to a nexus comment i made last week but wanted to re-iterate it here.

I had an out-of control script error issue with the Tracking system that caused a lot of headaches after updating to 206 then 206a.
reverting to 205b for now but wanted to see if you could take a look.  thx

Spoiler

To follow up, after a lot of troubleshooting I've found that 206 & 206a both break the Tracking system (creating suspended stacks and terminated scripts) on a game save that began with 205b. I was under the impression that updating UFO4P during a game was safe but the changes that were added in the UFO4PRetroactive206 quest affecting the tracking scripts has borked all saves thereafter. I've rolled back to the 205b and picked up the game from before I updated and all is well (with that issue). I haven't yet tested on a new game but i'm wary because it's only after many hours of gameplay that the problem becomes apparent. image

EDIT: So I tested this on a vanilla (no prior UFO4P) save game with only UFO4P & f4se installed and had the same result.
to recreate here were steps taken:
- go to Mechanist's Lair - save
- create a couple Anamatrons - save
- fast travel elsewhere (Abernathy Farm) - save
- inspect the save files with Fallrim Resaver

For 206 -In the last save you'll find there are 6 suspended stacks and 6 terminated scripts attributed to dlc01_tracksystemtrack
you won't see any warning or issue in the papyrus log at this point.

what happened in my game was I wasn't aware of the issue until papyrus errors started to show.. and checking the save game files showed the number of these suspended stacks and terminated scripts had increased into the 100s over time before causing problems.
205b did not have these issues.

Anyhow, I think this is a serious problem, however i have not tested on a new game so maybe i'm wrong. But some clarification or review of the issue would be good. Thx.

As you should have seen by now on the Nexus thread, we're confident that's been corrected and there should be no further issues with the track system in the Mechanist Lair. So long as you aren't trying to make it work on a save where the hotfix problem had taken hold. It will require using a save where you haven't done that at all yet. That's just the nature of Papyrus and it's why these kinds of things can be such a mess.

We've also had other folks chime in to verify that the track system is indeed working as it should be so I doubt very much that there's anything remaining to fix on that issue.

ok i'm not aware of the hotfix problem etc only been on this game for a couple months. My game started with 205b. probs started with 206.  I did read that there were updates to the tracking in 206+ but i found very little discussion of this on Nexus forum searching 'tracking' ,'track' or 'tracksystem'.
The fact that the prob was repeatable on an older vanilla save (frm nexus) is what was concerning, however for clarification, when you say "It will require using a save where you haven't done that at all yet."  are you referring to a save where that quest had not been started yet?

Are older version of UFO4P available in an archive? I was thinking of rolling back Fallout.exe from version 1.10.120 to version 1.10.114 (attempting to use R2K's mod Power Grid Tools to fix the Power Grid bug in existing settlements/save files) but have UFO4P version 2.06a installed.

No. We don't supply old copies. Especially not ones for unsupported versions of the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UFO4P 2.0.7 is now live, requiring FO4 Patch 1.10.130. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Am I wrong to assume that unless otherwise stated, a mod can be in-place upgraded?  I know clean saves for F4 are different than older games like Oblivion and Morrowind, so I can just install and go, right?  I'm asking here but want to know in general.  I thought I read somewhere removing mods from your LO can cause weirdness with scripts etc.