[RELz] Keld-Nar

Arthmoor

keld-nar-logo.jpg

This doesn't translate to Feldscar at all. It translates to Keld-Nar, a long abandoned village deep inside Skyrim to the north. Keld-Nar lies in between an ancient Nordic tomb, and a large black rock who's origins Keldon and I were never able to determine. - Raminus Polus, circa 3E 433.

An age ago, during the Oblivion Crisis, a Nord village found itself on the brink of disaster at the hands of a pair of Dunmer mages. They were on a quest, no, a mission to find what they thought would lead them to salvation against the onslaught of the Daedra. Instead, they found Feldscar and eventually their plans were torn asunder by the Champion of Cyrodiil. But what of the village that Raminus Polus told the Champion about? Keld-Nar, the site of the actual prize the Dunmer sought? Raminus Polus and Keldon Swiftrunner had been there before, but what became of it since then?

30 years ago, refugees of the Great War set forth out of northern Cyrodiil in a desperate gamble that would answer this question once and for all. Where once ruins lay, a thriving village has sprung up in their place. Come in traveler, stay awhile, rest your weary legs and listen to an old man's tale.

Keld-Nar is a village in Eastmarch, near the Dwemer ruin of Mzulft. It boasts an inn, a blacksmith, stables to park your horse at, and a decent sized local garrison of troops. Unlike many other populated areas, Keld-Nar welcomes Khajiit, owing to the history the ancestors of the current residents had with them in Feldscar those many decades ago.

The village starts off held by Stormcloak Rebels and openly worships Talos, but will change hands to Imperial control if they win the Civil War. Where possible, Keld-Nar should also be included in any town based radiant quests and will be subject to dragon attacks. It may also be subject to random vampire strikes if you have Dawnguard.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
ModDB
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Keld-Nar.esp, Keld-Nar.bsa, and Keld-Nar - Textures.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Keld-Nar.esp, Keld-Nar.bsa, and Keld-Nar - Textures.bsa files from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

Compatibility

Arons Mecha Dragons places two mechanical dragons at Mzulft which are too close to the village and end up attacking it. Papyrus has been used to disable these two dragons without requiring a patch.

Credits

Hanaisse - Sign for The Horny Horker, road sign and shop sign assets, the Keld-Nar book, children's clothing textures, and the unique Dwemer child assets for Nedri.
DanielCoffey - Better Book Mesh (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37113) Used for the Keld-Nar book.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1

Nermis Dren was set to the wrong voice type.
Ezeleen was set to the wrong voice type.
The ceiling light in the guard barracks basement has been raised so Dovahkiin won't hit his head on it anymore.

10 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

The ceiling light in the guard barracks basement has been raised so Dovahkiin won't hit his head on it anymore.

So the vanilla bug from the Hlomaren, the interior cell in the Dome building on the top level, also appeared in your mod. :P

@Arthmoor Made this comment a while ago on Nexus, but you may have missed it :

I found one minor OCD offending thing, the blacksmiths building, at the end of the building where the forge is, go down the side of that to where the North West Pylon goes into the ground, it goes into one of those mound ledges and pokes through underneath the edge.

Might be awkward to reposition due to the need to position the entrance steps at the other end of the building just right which are very close to some rocks. Come to think of it, might be a navmesh needs adjusting too as a consequence of adjusting this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-01-01 at 2:48 AM, Arthmoor said:

Keld-Nar is a village in Eastmarch, near the Dwemer ruin of Mzulft.

Where exactly is the Keld-Nar village located?

Why I ask is because back in Feb 2012, when the first CK was released, Antiscamp released a village mod, he even host it on the THoS site (now defunct), and it was located somewhere, near the road, between Kynesgrove and Shor's Stone.

I cannot for my life find the mod and now I doesn't remember what Antiscamp call it.  I dunno if I mix it up, but Eastbrink sounds familiar.   Do you recall what's call it or perhaps you also tried his mod?

Anyway, I assume your Keld-Nar mod cannot be used with Antiscamp's Eastmarch village mod.

I see.  Thanks alt.

That's not even close to the loaction what I mean and that's something like this.

Find Witchmist Grove and go east a little to the road where you'll see a " X " symbol that *broke* the road.  About there I think was the location for Antiscamp's village mod.  I still don't remember what's called though.

• 8 months later...

Version 2.0.2

Navmesh cleanup using newer dev versions of xEdit.

Clockwork patch file is now flagged as an ESL.

Version 2.0.3

Tilvur's voicetype was not able to use the blacksmith dialogue so it has been changed to MaleBrute which can.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.4

Updated the lighting control script to remain compatible with the version added in Granite Hill and Cutting Room Floor.

• 1 year later...

Version 2.0.5

Tilvur's investment dialogue is not checking the proper gold amount. This is a fix being applied which is detailed in USSEP Bug #29335.
USSEP 4.2.3 or greater is now a requirement for this mod.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.6

For sure this time, I swear by mighty Talos himself, Tilvur should be able to actually sell his goods to you. The reason this wasn't working properly before was because I had originally planned to have his wife run the shop from inside and the faction setup was incomplete to support this.

To go with the above change, Ulgrad gra-Bazol will also be able to sell goods for the shop while she's in the building. Unfortunately she did not originally have the proper faction settings so this will not take effect on an existing save. Both NPCs will also accept the investment option on behalf of the shop.

Version 2.0.7

Holfgein and Jeris were both offering the Cliff Racer dialogue even if Phitt's cliff racers mod is not installed.
Due to a resurfaced quest dialogue bug, the quest controlling the village's dialouge is now configured to start using an update event instead of the start-game-enabled flag which doesn't appear to work properly anymore.
Switfrunner Manor is not a public area and was not supposed to have an always unlocked door. The key data was not set.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a total of 4 patrol guards for each side of the war, 2 for day watch, 2 for night watch. There's also a set of guards who man the watchtower and rotate for day/night shifts as well.

@Arthmoor I'm sorry to bother you again but Ulgrad isn't offering to sell me things. She's in the shop but I'm just getting "What now..."

This is on a game started using LAL with the Horny Horker Inn starting position

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, Google Drive isn't something I wish to engage with. Not sure how it would make things any easier in relation to places like Nexus anyway since Nexus requires you to log in to download too.

Hello @Arthmoor

I just recently started to move to SE and I was wondering regarding your villages mods can this be safely merged all together? asking mostly since I don't see an AIO like in LE or are you keeping them apart for future updates sake

It's not a good idea to attempt to merge mods that deal with navmesh, landscape, and scripts together. The merge utilities have no idea how to resolve problems with those records and you'll end up with a mess.

• 1 month later...

Hi Arthmoor, first of all thanks for your hard work in bringing these amazing villages to Skyrim, so I visited Keld-Nar for the first time today and I wasnt able to buy any services at the Inn such as hiring a room or buying food and the blacksmith and the orc didnt have the option to trade with them, the orc had only the option to armor my horse (from the CC stuff), both the Inn npcs and the blacksmith npcs only had generic dialogues such as "Can i help you?" and etc, hopefully you can look into this and make this amazing village functional. Another issue I found was in Oakwood, while this one was pretty minor and easy to get around it can be annoying, the general store in Oakwood has its door locked during the day, so to enter and trade with the npc you actually have to break in, which can be kind difficulty due to the number of npcs that are around, other than that Oakwood is working fine and both the Inn and the General Store allows you to hire services and purchase items.

I hope you can take a look into these issues when you have the time, and once again, thanks for your amazing work!