Jump to content

Keld-Nar 2.0.11


6 Screenshots

About This File

This doesn't translate to Feldscar at all. It translates to Keld-Nar, a long abandoned village deep inside Skyrim to the north. Keld-Nar lies in between an ancient Nordic tomb, and a large black rock who's origins Keldon and I were never able to determine. - Raminus Polus, circa 3E 433.

An age ago, during the Oblivion Crisis, a Nord village found itself on the brink of disaster at the hands of a pair of Dunmer mages. They were on a quest, no, a mission to find what they thought would lead them to salvation against the onslaught of the Daedra. Instead, they found Feldscar and eventually their plans were torn asunder by the Champion of Cyrodiil. But what of the village that Raminus Polus told the Champion about? Keld-Nar, the site of the actual prize the Dunmer sought? Raminus Polus and Keldon Swiftrunner had been there before, but what became of it since then?

30 years ago, refugees of the Great War set forth out of northern Cyrodiil in a desperate gamble that would answer this question once and for all. Where once ruins lay, a thriving village has sprung up in their place. Come in traveler, stay awhile, rest your weary legs and listen to an old man's tale.

Keld-Nar is a village in Eastmarch, near the Dwemer ruin of Mzulft. It boasts an inn, a blacksmith, stables to park your horse at, and a decent sized local garrison of troops. Unlike many other populated areas, Keld-Nar welcomes Khajiit, owing to the history the ancestors of the current residents had with them in Feldscar those many decades ago.

The village starts off held by Stormcloak Rebels and openly worships Talos, but will change hands to Imperial control if they win the Civil War. Where possible, Keld-Nar should also be included in any town based radiant quests and will be subject to dragon attacks. It may also be subject to random vampire strikes if you have Dawnguard.

My Patreon Page: https://www.patreon.com/arthmoor

Requires the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch to be installed first!


What's New in Version 2.0.11

Released

Updated USSEP synchronization.

Clockwork Patch

Trimmed unnecessary landscape edits.
Cleaned ITMs from the file.
Cleaned ITPOs from the file.


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, Arthmoor I'm noticing in this latest release of 2.0.7 that the NPCs aren't offering their regular dialogue options anymore. None of the merchants offer their services.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's now a patch to prevent Keld Nar village getting landscape tears and other badness when run with the mod Clockwork (Clockwork Castle): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/110574

This patch was written for the Arthmoor's Villages All-in-One package, but if you put it into xEdit with that mod present temporarily, you can do "Clean masters" on it, to remove the pseudo-dependency on AVAIO, then add the stand-alone Keld Nar as a new master (so LOOT sorts them properly).  You'll still need to make sure Keld Nar loads after Clockwork, per the patch's instructions.  I've asked the patcher to just provide a Keld Nar specific version, and will update here if that gets done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never mind; I see that this site already provides a Keld Nar + Clockwork patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of the only Arthmoor mods I don't run on my Xbox Series S. I don't know if there's a Load Order problem but my game crashes every time I visit the village. I've shut down any mods that would obviously conflict with it, like tree mods, grasses and such.   This isn't a complaint, just stating my experience. And I guess at best, hoping someone might know a solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Arthmoor. Love your work as always. :)

Not sure how important it is, but static 0x00D775 (GreatEasternPassRectangle) referenced in Grolf's House has a NIF path to Arthmoor\Paintings\Nehrim\GreatEasternPassRectangle.nif which doesn't exist in the file.

I changed it to Arthmoor\Paintings\Nehrim\ruinsoftreomarrectangle.nif in SSEEdit just to be safe.

EDIT: Same for static CountessNarinaCarvainSquare (missing Arthmoor\Paintings\People\CountessNarinaCarvainSquare.nif) and static UrielSeptimSquare (missing Arthmoor\Paintings\People\UrielSeptimSquare.nif).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LyndseyBreonna666

Posted

Does anyone remember all the patch locations for this mod? Keld-Nar required a lot of patches for things like RS Children. I just can't for the life of remember them all. Like Great Cities, I remember a currency mod patch of some kind. Idk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2022 at 6:53 PM, phinix said:

Hi Arthmoor. Love your work as always. :)

Not sure how important it is, but static 0x00D775 (GreatEasternPassRectangle) referenced in Grolf's House has a NIF path to Arthmoor\Paintings\Nehrim\GreatEasternPassRectangle.nif which doesn't exist in the file.

I changed it to Arthmoor\Paintings\Nehrim\ruinsoftreomarrectangle.nif in SSEEdit just to be safe.

EDIT: Same for static CountessNarinaCarvainSquare (missing Arthmoor\Paintings\People\CountessNarinaCarvainSquare.nif) and static UrielSeptimSquare (missing Arthmoor\Paintings\People\UrielSeptimSquare.nif).

 

 

im guessing theyre in arthmoors painting resource  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2022 at 4:26 PM, HundredMarmot79 said:

This is one of the only Arthmoor mods I don't run on my Xbox Series S. I don't know if there's a Load Order problem but my game crashes every time I visit the village. I've shut down any mods that would obviously conflict with it, like tree mods, grasses and such.   This isn't a complaint, just stating my experience. And I guess at best, hoping someone might know a solution.

I was having crashes at the edge of the cell, especially near the destroyed cart of the nearby giant's camp. Ultimately found the loading of the children related to the crash. Of note, in full vanilla with just this mod and USSEP it did not crash. To fix for my game I got rid of their 3 playing packages and replaced with one similar to the one used for Oakwood, I called "ARTHKeldNarChildrenPlayingOutside". There is an unused "ARTHKeldNarChildPlaySandboxMarker" in this mod that I used as the reference. 
 

Doing this I went from easily reproducible crashes to being unable to reproduce. I also prefer it to them running constantly around in circles, just my own taste. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Artmoor.

It seems that latest version (2.0.9) is oddly packaged...there are vanilla scripts that I do not think they should be in there and facegen files missing.

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2023 at 1:09 PM, Astakos said:

Hi Artmoor.

It seems that latest version (2.0.9) is oddly packaged...there are vanilla scripts that I do not think they should be in there and facegen files missing.

Thank you!

Thanks for this comment! Hopefully Arthmoor fixes it soon (I fixed it for myself already)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2023 at 3:34 PM, poepkat said:

Thanks for this comment! Hopefully Arthmoor fixes it soon (I fixed it for myself already)

How did you fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2023 at 7:27 AM, Jul1aN said:

How did you fix it?

You will need to regenerate FaceGen in Creation Kit (Google for tutorial) and remove the vanilla scripts that shouldn't be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. Will this mod work with the previous ussep version ? Or it only works with the new one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @Arthmoor since the latest update to SSE and to your mod Keld-Nar, i've been having these strange LOD issues with some trees appearing by the farm area, in the screenshot i provided you can see them, they are super low res and have no physics, sometimes restarting the game will make them go away but if you return to Keld-Nar the issue reappears, any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the attention.

20231231093921_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a know engine bug where LOD doesn't always unload properly. Usually happens around Whiterun, but as you've noticed it can technically happen anywhere. There's unfortunately nothing mod authors can do about it.

Restarting the game should resolve the issue though. It always does in Whiterun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so regarding the tree LOD issue, I rolled back to a previous version of your mod, and the issue simply doesnt show up, I tested this multiple times and on this older version there are no LOD issues at all but when i update it to the newest version the LOD issue occurs as soon as i get close to Keld-Nar every single time :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LyndseyBreonna666

Posted

On 3/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, LyndseyBreonna666 said:

Does anyone remember all the patch locations for this mod? Keld-Nar required a lot of patches for things like RS Children. I just can't for the life of remember them all. Like Great Cities, I remember a currency mod patch of some kind. Idk. 

Still fucking wondering by the way. GODZ this site is so dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...