Urasek Beta Test

Arthmoor

Before going back into RST, I did find a third quest. I only had time to complete the one quest, will get back to it as soon as I can.

Arthmoor,I think I've run into the same bug you found: setting a variable in a quest stage result script doesn't work. It will set it ok initially, but if you save the game, exit and reload - the variable will be reset to zero. I'm doing almost the exact same thing in a quest script for a different quest and it works fine.This is what you found as well, isn't it?

I must be missing something. I know I sometimes forget a lot of what I post or whatever because there's just so much of it, but I don't recall ever saying updating a variable in a quest stage result script doesn't stick. In fact much of what I do relies on this working. As well as a whole bunch of other people.Unless it's one of those OBSE things where the change isn't permanent. That sort of thing can get highly annoying if you're not expecting it.

I thought you mentioned it in one of the threads here, pretty recently. I hope it works too because we have a lot of variables that get set in quest stage result scripts and dialogue result scripts, but this one definitely didn't.We had:set DBCMQ07UnholyAlliance.daycount to GameDaysPassed + 3in a quest stage result script. Right after the stage got updated, I did an SQV in the console and verified that daycount was set correctly. Saved the game, exited and loaded up the save - I immediately got the next journal entry saying the three days had passed. Another SQV in the console confirmed that daycount had been set back to zero. Moved that to the quest script and now it works fine. Of course, that meant that I needed some extra criteria to make sure it didn't keep getting reset.

You might have had a sneak spot where that variable was being reset for some reason. This whole mess with the conversation had a simple flaw at first. It was resetting the conversation target.You also need to make sure you don't forget to check that something like DayCount is > 0 in addition to checking if GameDaysPassed has exceeded it. I can't tell you how many times I've blundered into that oversight.

I hope so. I really don't want to go through every quest and have to move the variable assignments. It was actually an accident that I found this bug to start with. I forgot to set the Goodbye flag and I exited to fix it.Now with it being in the quest script, I check for daycount == 0. I just need to make sure daycount doesn't keep getting reset... But I think it will be fine - I'm doing pretty much the same thing in another script. We have way too much waiting in this mod... :lol:Didn't mean to hijack your thread - I thought it was here that you mentioned something similar.

I'm stuck:

I can't find the evidence in Class Warfare and I can't find another way into the haunted house.

Also when I was searching the Orila residence, there were two items floating slightly above one of the dressers on the second floor.I have not noticed anything else out of place.

The log book is on the table by the fireplace upstairs. The haunted house isn't accessible until after Class Warfare is done and you get sent on to do the ogre quest.

Beta 5 is up. The major focus between 4 and 5 was on getting the dialogue working right, specifically the conversation that wasn't behaving itself. Also corrected some inconsistencies in other topics. Plus the floaters in the Orila Residence :)

While I was looking in the Facanis residence for that letter, I did find a floating plate over the desk in the study. I did find the look book. Sheesh I thought I had looked at that book.

The letter isn't in the Facanis house. You need to go prod the innkeeper for that.

I waited til the blacksmith opened, talked to him, then talked to the innkeeper...

Ok, that quest is finished. Nice job with that Arthmoor.

I managed to complete Dean's Ogres and got into the abandoned house.

I did not notice any other floating objects, although it is easy to not catch everything.

Depends on your definition of "good" laugh, I guess. Perspective and all.Obviously you have email revealing more.

Alright, she's done and in the release section now. Thanks for the help everyone. You can all rest for a bit until Sutch emerges again :)