Urasek Beta Test

Arthmoor

Urasek is up in the beta downloads section. Comments, epic fixlists, and general impressions welcome.There is one thing to note - one branch of the quest "Class Warfare" is currently broken due to a script which is not functioning for some reason. It will prevent further progress along that branch even when the chest has everything it needs. That will make more sense when you get there.Everything else should be ready though, and yes, I did run through it all before blindly putting it up here. Showstoppers suck though and I didn't want to hold back the whole thing because of one unruly script.

You know, one thing I get a chuckle out of is how these betas have been added to BOSS already :tongue: Funny thing about that. And thank you, saves me messing around with my LO.

Not so epic as it could be, actually, though it should keep Samson busy for 5 minutes or so, assuming he doesn't spontaneously combust over clutter ownership.I AM enjoying the BOSS thing, yes. :)

It pays to have access to the BOSS masterlists you know :PAlso, I've hit yet another roadblock in this whole affair. Scripted conversation between two NPCs, and a 3rd who butts in in the middle. It is simply NOT working, despite the first line actually being delivered. After that, nothing. It's pretty darn important that this work too.

I recommend stabbing yourself in the face. It'll work better that way, and you'll love your life more.But wait. You're having problem with conversations where guys are randomly interrupting and biffing the conversation, or you need to add a third NPC? Two different things.

Need a 3rd NPC really. I took care of the random idiot interruption problem, though even that wasn't ideal.It does seem that stabbing myself in the face will have a better result though. Fucking result scripts, how do they work? Cause they sure aren't firing, and God dammit, there's no command to force invoke the general subtitle options?This is going to be far less interesting, and probably even get laughed at as utterly stupid, if I have to resort to fixing this by eliminating the conversation entirely and doing something totally lame assed instead.Well, ok. Generating silent audio files made the problem WORSE, not better. Now nothing at all happens. I suppose I'll have to try farting around with this a bit since the 3rd NPC that interrupts things only does it in one spot and it could conceivably be in its own conversation.

Need a 3rd NPC really. I took care of the random idiot interruption problem' date=' though even that wasn't ideal.It does seem that stabbing myself in the face will have a better result though. Fucking result scripts, how do they work? Cause they sure aren't firing, and God dammit, there's no command to force invoke the general subtitle options?[/quote']Yes there is - it's a must for us :grinning:SetNumericIniSetting "bGeneralSubtitles:GamePlay" 1Also sent a response to your pm on DC about the chest.

Oh, of course, a needlessly obscure way to do something that should have been "SetGeneralSubtitles 0/1". Coders. innocent.gif

Updated. The chest thing works now, the scripted conversation does not. Nothing sucks more than trying to set something cool like this up only to have the game spit ONE line of it at you and then leave you stuck there with your controls frozen. I don't get it.Also other silly bugs that got squished after Dwip's list.One other thing. The water brazier outside the inn. It appears to have developed the same habit as the one in Sutch. Namely, it sinks into the ground without cause, at a time of it's own choosing apparently. I don't get that. It's a normal mesh as far as I can tell, with normal collision.

I wondered about that brazier.And was it you I was having the discussion about the guys on the boat in AFK_Weye's conversation with a while ago, or was that somebody else?

The chest is still bugging me... So does the ownership change work and it's the script that isn't? Also sent you a pm on DC - might be able to have a look at the convo thing for you.

I pulled the ownership change off and that should be in the updated file. Stage 30 is isolated so the ownership check was redundant. Since it wasn't working that way, no sense in leaving it broken.

Ok, if the core functionality is intact (looting is stealing), then I won't worry about it. I was curious as to what the problem was, but neither of us have the time to fuss over it.

It was more a situation of don't let people putting stuff IN trip a stage too early rather than people taking stuff OUT. Not really a lot I can do with this since there is no means of doing what I was really after in a more direct manner.

Can't you just do the usual:Begin OnActivate set actor to GetActionRef if actor == Player if ( getstage whatever ) ; too early - lock chest Lock 100 MessageBox "The chest is securely locked and cannot be accessed without the proper key. "...else unlock and activate routine?I also wanted to know the name of the quest and the stage for the issue with the conversation problem. We have almost the same scenario and it's working fine, so I might be able to spot something.

And with AndalayBay's help, the conversation is now working. I'll do another set of runs through again before uploading another beta update. It'll need a clean save since some stuff got moved that's persistent.In the meantime, whoever has a chance to look, maybe they can explain what Dwip means by this:

There's a kind of square border around the tunnel pic, which I assume is more tunnel, but comes off as being really flat. It's fairly obvious if you go check it out in game.
Referring to the entry into the mine.

Beta 3 is up. I think this one may well have it, barring any odd bugs that escaped detection this time.

I love this village. I found 2 quests so far and completed the easy one. Very, very well done, as are the rest of the villages. I will keep working on the other quest and see if anything turns up. Compatibility with OblivionXP is working perfectly too.