YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN HIT BY...

.........|\
.........| \
.........|__\
...______|___________
...\___ A BOAT______/
....\______________/
.�*´¨`*�..�*´¨`*�..�*´¨`*�.
Which probably makes you pretty angry. I'd be pissed too.

Fucking came out of nowhere.

Found while cleaning up an old folder of stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Leo. I rarely check that site anymore, and probably wouldnt know about  that new city mod for some time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ever continue running programs long since they have been declared deceased? Still persisting with WLM even though it is dead, but it is convenient as one can refer back to years of old emails, so long as their storage is customised by the user for easy access. Windows Essentials also had a cool slideshow viewer which worked with WLM, but for some reason these days, one has to install bit bucket loads of other "crud" in order to use it.

The gui of Outlook Express appealed more, and the program worked well enough for millions of users despite the various known issues. Most agreed it was an improvement on the older Windows Mail and Microsoft Exchange clients.

The thing with MS dropping WLM was leaving many of its users in the lurch, at least as far as policy goes- here's a little about the Facebook issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-people/windows-live-mail-facebook-contacts/b6241cd2-2edc-40c3-8f9a-2492c67b8d88?tm=1578462950158

• 1 month later...

So, now it happen.  The old BSF vanish from cyberspace, probably tomorrow Tuesday. :(

Although, I did wanted to login one last time so I did, but when I wanted to logout I couldn't due an error.  So, now I am logged in and can't logout.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess most people haven't missed what Google had done lately on YouTube, because every time I visit YouTube just to listen to a music video I was asked to login.

It is annoying and I doubt Google won't stop with this kind of nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they force you to log in?

The new "are you still there?" prompts are a bit annoying but free music is free music, let's be real.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up.

Today I got an e-mail from Spotify regarding a rejected payment method, I mean what kind of a transaction I use.

Or should I say I don't use at the moment, because I don't have Spotify and hadn't used since the day Spotify became public.

So, I consider that e-mail to be a fake even if it looks like it was sent from Spotify.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone imagined a dreamscape wherein all the games in the world have morphed into another game, where everyone ends up playing this same game? Many would prefer it to be a TES game, or Pokemon, or even Tetris.

But Pong?

Edit: btw

The thing with MS dropping WLM was leaving many of its users in the lurch, at least as far as policy goes- here's a little about the Facebook issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-people/windows-live-mail-facebook-contacts/b6241cd2-2edc-40c3-8f9a-2492c67b8d88?tm=1578462950158

The linked post somehow found a beeline to the bitbucket without this one's personal guidance. Oh well, WLM has finally gone, and replaced with EM Client. There were some teething issues, but the Google Contacts integration makes up for them hugely. :)

Tucows has finally retired. For the last 10 -15 years traffic to the site had slowed considerably even after a modest revamp of the site, but it still retained very much of the 90's user interface and cost models. Bye Tucows, & thanks. :wave:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having completed a SplashImage replacement for AutoHotkey (sort of), came up with a primitive test demo which runs like the following:

The epiphany came when the thought "AFKMods" might also be entertained by a quick whirl around the screen as well!

Try it out, and nvm the virus flags. :)

SplashyRoadTest.exe

AFKMods.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

RIP Barry Humphries!

Have quite a few recordings of the self confessed ratbag on vinyl and tape, all buried somewhere, including one from Las Vegas, early seventies, that had a wonderful little piece on ratbags, almost a facsimile of what is found in his foreword to Keith Dunstan's Ratbags:

Something like this:

• A Ratbag always transfers Virginian cigarettes into an old menthol packet to save himself an expensive round.
  • A Ratbag hates pillows, central hearing, champagne, James Bond movies, other Ratbags and black jelly beans.
  • Ratbags always lend you books you won't read, have their ancestries traced, their faces lifted and eat Chinese food with chopsticks.
  • A Ratbag is a curious blend of King Lear, Rasputin, Lady Godiva, Doctor Timothy Leary, the Emperor Nero, Albert Schweitzer and Yoko Ono.
  • A Ratbag is a fascinating composition with the arms of Venus de Milo, the head of John the Baptist, thoughts of Mao Tse Tung, the heart of Dr Christian Barnard, and the ear of Vincent Van Gogh.
  • If you're a vegetarian, a Jehovah's Witness birdwatcher, ghost-written the autobiography of a surf rider, you're a Ratbag.

Not much exists of his early characters like the unionist Lance Boyle, his other personae are instantly recognizable:

Spoiler

Les Patterson Drinking song:

Sandy's Stone:

Party Party Party!

Edited by lmstearn