Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS or Project New Reign - Nemesis Unlimited Behavior Engine

Shisizuwa

What would be better for Skrim LE Animation mods to use ?
Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS   or   Project New Reign - Nemesis Unlimited Behavior Engine ?

Is it possible to use/install FNIS Animations mods with Project New Reign - Nemesis Unlimited Behavior Engine ?

Yes, you can install "FNIS" animations with Nemesis, but you cannot install "Nemesis" animations with FNIS. That would mostly be a concern on SE though I would think.

I play LE and I use FNIS. Keep it simple is my motto when it comes to modding.

39 minutes ago, Hana said:

Yes, you can install "FNIS" animations with Nemesis, but you cannot install "Nemesis" animations with FNIS. That would mostly be a concern on SE though I would think.

I play LE and I use FNIS. Keep it simple is my motto when it comes to modding.

Hana is, as is usual - LOL - absolutely right. :clap:

However, since we are speaking of Nemesis and FNIS, I would just like to address a little misconception that people have as regards the two.  Despite what is often stated by some, FNIS is no more dated than Nemesis - the last update to Nemesis was May 26, 2020; FNIS was last updated February 19, 2020, so they are both about the same as far as when they were last updated  Furthermore, while Fores has retired, ShikyoKira, the author of Nemesis, has not been active either - he has not responded to any posts since April 12, 2020 - and except for uploading the existing May 26, 2020 version of Nemesis to Nexus, there has been nothing heard from him. In point of fact, FNIS is a finished mod, while Nemesis was never completely finished. The main factor in choosing one over the other is a presence of mods that REQUIRE Nemesis. If you are not using mods which state Nemesis as a necessary requirement, you are probably better off using FNIS, as there are less issues with it.

So talk of FNIS being "outdated" in relation to Nemesis is misplaced - further, FNIS is a finished product - while Nemesis still has some issues (though, admittedly, it still works as it should in the majority of cases).

It is true that many animation mods for SSE now being uploaded require Nemesis, yet there are still a great many animation mods that do not (though Nemesis is able to work with them) - so unless an individual actually has a mod requiring Nemesis, there is no absolutely necessary reason to choose it over FNIS.

For LE - do as Hana says: keep it simple - and the simplest thing is just use FNIS, as almost no Classic Skyrim mods require Nemesis.  (Heck, even for SSE, which is what I play and mod, I use FNIS exclusively and am not missing anything.)

My apologies for the digression - there are some things that just get me going - LOL! :geek:

• Like 3

@Hana
uh thats interesting, good to know thank you very much. ( * o * )b
I no longer care about SE i went back to LE after SE have to many mod destroying Updates grrrr. And always some new  SE mods no longer works with older SE versions is sad too and to much work for me to keep every mod working ( - _ - )

that's exactly i want to play, it has to be simple and not too complicated ( T - T ) so we can enjoy the games .

@smr1957

Thank you for those background informations. FNIS sounds better too me (^^)b

To say it like an guard from Skyrim :
I used to be an mod user like you, but then i got an break intro my skyrim game^^

thats good to hear FNIS works for SSE too (^^)b

I'm glad i finally found a good forum and still active one with nice People :)

• 2 weeks later...