About This File
ILIANA'S IMPERIAL CITY MODS
This is a collection of small mods which I made for own game. I'll add some more later.
1. Imperial City East Bridge -- a second matching bridge for the Imperial city with a gate to the Arena district. Enhanced version includes Imperial watch guards, lamps, signpost.
2. My Talos Plaza House -- buy Agarmir's house after completing the "Unfriendly Competition" quest (player version has safe storage, etc.).
3. My Talos Plaza Manor - buy Imbel Manor (Jakben Imbel's house) after completing the "Boots of Springheel Jak" quest (player version has safe storage, etc.). Better Beds version has two bedrooms and a master bed.
4. My Country Cabin - buy Roland Jenseric's cabin after successfully completing "The Order of the Virtuous Blood" quest (player version has safe storage, etc.).
5. Imperial City Boulevards -- tree-lined streets in the Market, Elven and Talos Plaza districts (modular).
6. Dark Brotherhood Requiem -- an alternate ending to the Dark Brotherhood questline, destroying the order once and for all.
IMPERIAL CITY EAST BRIDGE by Iliana
This small mod adds a second, eastern bridge to the Imperial City with a gate to the Arena district.
The bridge is placed to keep the Imperial City perfectly symetrical. It has the same height (z-axis), north-south position (y-axis) and distance from the city wall (x-axis) as the Talos Bridge on the opposite side of the city. East Bridge has three spans instead of two, however, as Lake Rumare is wider here because of the protruding Arcane University and Prison districts.
The landscape is carefully molded and painted to accommodate the bridge with roads extending to the Arena district gate and the vanilla road to Cheydinhal. I've only edited a single row of cells to minimize conflicts and have included a simple Unique Landscapes patch.
BASIC & ENHANCED VERSIONS
The Basic version includes the bridge, the Arena district gate and the short connecting roads.
The Enhanced version adds four Imperial watch soldiers (two day and two night) and a pair of city lamps to the Arena district gate and cities-signpost at the mainland end of the bridge.
Place the IC EastBridge.esp file, and DistantLOD/ and Meshes/ folders in your data folder and activate.
To uninstall this mod:
1. Uncheck or delete the esp;
2. Delete the following six distant object view files from your Data folder: Data/DistantLOD/Tamriel_9_15.lod, Tamriel_10_15.lod, Tamriel_11_15.lod, Tamriel_12_15.lod, Tamriel_13_15.lod, Tamriel_14_15.lod
3. Delete the following distant land view file: Data/Meshes/Landscape/LOD/60.00.00.32.NIF.
UL IMPERIAL ISLE PATCH
A small patch for the Unique Landscapes Imperial Isle mod is included in the download. It grounds a couple of floating rocks and trees.
The load order for the patch is:
2. IC EastBridge.esp
3. ICEastBridge-ULImperialIsle Patch.esp
MY TALOS PLAZA HOUSE by Iliana
This small mod allows you to purchase Agarmir's House in the Talos Plaza district of the Imperial City after the completion of the "Unfriendly Competition" quest (the vanilla one to do with Thoronir and the Copious Coinpurse).
The house is vacant after the completion of that quest so it was ideal for conversion into a player home. The fact that it is located right next to the main gate of the city is certainly a plus!
To purchase the house complete the quest and then speak to Vinicia Melissaeia at the Office of Imperial Commerce in the Market District. She will have a new topic "Buy Agarmir's House" which initiates a "buy-a-house" quest. It costs 30,000 gp which is the same as the Cheydinhal player home with all the upgrades. This felt like a fair in-game price for the property.
The player home is a copy of Agarmir's House (rather than the original vanilla house cells) and all the containers are safe storage. The interior is otherwise identical to the vanilla Agarmir's House.
Just place the IC AgarmirsHouse.esp in your data folder and activate.
MY TALOS PLAZA MANOR (IMBEL MANOR) by Iliana
This small mod allows you to purchase Imbel Manor (Jakben Imbel's House) in the Talos Plaza District of the Imperial City after completing the "Boots of Springheel Jak" quest.
The manor is usually vacant (not counting the butler) after the completion of that quest, so it was ideal for conversion into a player home. This mod assumes the PC killed Jakben, Earl of Imbel, which is the usual outcome.
To purchase the house complete the quest and then speak with Vinicia Melissaeia at the Office of Imperial Commerce in the Market District. She will have a new topic "Buy Imbel Manor" which initiates a "buy-a-house" quest. It costs 100,000 gp which is double the price of the Skingrad player home with the upgrades. This felt like a fair in-game price as it is one of the largest properties in the Imperial City. It is intended for high-level characters who will be flush with gold selling mounds of daedric and glass loot!
The player home is a copy of Jakben Imbel's House (rather than the original vanilla house cells) and all the containers are safe storage. The interior is otherwise identical to the vanilla manor with five areas: the ground floor, upper private quarters, cupola, basement and crypt.
BASIC & BETTER BEDS VERSIONS
The Better Beds version replaced the single-bed in the master bedroom with a double-bed and adds a single bed to the adjacent room (as a guest room for companions and the like).
The two files are otherwise identical. You can replace one with the other and won't lose ownership of the property or any items stored in the containers.
Just place the IC ImbelManor.esp in your data folder and activate.
MY COUNTRY CABIN by Iliana
This small mod allows you to purchase Roland Jeneric's Cabin east of the Imperial City after the successful completion of "The Order of the Virtuous Blood" quest.
The cabin is vacant after the completion of that quest so it was ideal for conversion into a player home.
To purchase the house complete the quest and then speak to Roland Jenseric (assuming he is still alive!). He can usually be found in the basement of Seridur's House in the Temple district of the Imperial City.
He will have a new topic "Buy Roland's Cabin" which initiates a "buy-a-house" quest. It costs 2,500 gp which is cheaper than the Imperial City Waterfront player home with all the upgrades. This felt like a fair in-game price for the property as it is outside the city and Roland owes you a favour.
The player home is a copy of Roland Jenseric's cabin (rather than the original vanilla house cell) and all the containers are safe storage. The interior is otherwise identical to the vanilla cabin.
This mod works nicely with Unique Landscapes Rolling Hills which turns the surrounding area into a farming community making the cabin a nice rustic retreat.
The exterior region surrounding the cabin is still named "Roland Jenseric's Cabin". Changing the name of one of the game's base region settings causes some other unexpected changes, so I left it alone. The map marker, however, is renamed "My Country Cabin" when you buy the property.
Just place the IC RolandsHouse.esp in your data folder and activate.
IMPERIAL CITY BOULEVARDS by Iliana
This small mod transforms some of the bare streets of the Elven Gardens, Market and Talos Plaza districts of the Imperial City into tree-line boulevards.
I liked the clean, elegant look of the Imperial City but still found it a bit too bare and created this mod to augment it for my game. It adds rows of trees in small raised gardens on some of the sidewalks. The tree trunks, leaves and dappled shadows add some colour and make the districts feel a little busier.
The amount of trees added varies a bit by location:
- The Elven Gardens district has well-canopied streets for a green suburban feel.
- The Market district has a row of trees along the main road and trees alongside the inner district walls.
- Talos Plaza has the fewest trees of the three which are placed along the outer ring road. The central plaza and main roads remain clear of trees to keep the district's wide, open plaza feel.
You have several options for installing this mod:
1. Choose either a combined esp for all three districts (Elven, Market and Talos) or separate esp's for the individual districts. The latter is more modular and better if you want to mix and match.
2. After you install an esp (or three) you can change the appearance of the districts at any time just by dropping any of the alternate esps into your data folder and overwriting the current one. For example, you can change the colour of the maple trees from green to red in one or more districts on a whim just by dropping in a different file.
1. Three Districts Combined (IC Boulevards.esp)
1. Elven Gardens District (IC Boulevards - Elven.esp)
2. Market District (IC Boulevards - Market.esp)
3. Talos Plaza District (IC Boulevards - Talos.esp)
Variations of Each Esp
1. Summer Shade (Maple Trees)
2. Burgundy Royal (Japanese Maple Trees)
3. Candy Stripe (Maple & Japanese Maple Trees)
4+ I will add some more varieties eventually.
There are no support files. It is just an esp or three.
This is intended as a simple augment to the vanilla Imperial City. I assume people won't use it in combination with major city overhaul mods as that would probably be overkill! However, if you do wish to attempt to combine them, load this one before the city overhaul so the path gridding for the overhaul takes precedence. NPC's rarely collided with the trees before I changed the path-gridding, so it's less important for this mod.
There shouldn't be too many conflicts with smaller mods which add buildings and the like to the districts of the Imperial City as this mod simply adds trees in planters on the sidewalks.
Worst case you will have a tree in the way. In this case making your own ad-hoc "patch" is probably the best solution. Just open up the console in game (the ` button) while facing a problem tree, click on the tree and type "disable", and do the same with the two pieces forming its planter. Before attempting this save your game! You might try to click on a tree but miss and accidentally delete a whole building or the city wall!
This variant esps of this mod are all the same in terms of form ID's and item placements. So a patch made for one variant should work with any of the others.
DARK BROTHERHOOD REQUIEM by Iliana
This small mod adds an alternate ending to the Dark Brotherhood questline, allowing you to ultimately betray and destroy the Order.
When the quest "Whispers of Death" begins, slay Arquen, the last of the Dark Brotherhood Speakers, in the Cheydinhal sanctuary. This will end the "Whispers of Death" quest, destroy the order, and reverse the +10 Infamy bonus you gained from becoming Listener.
Arquen is the final head of the Hydra. Kill her and the body will die. No one else, except for you, knows the truth about the Night Mother and her death combined with your neglect will sever the link.
What this mod actually does is add an extra stage to the "Whispers of Death" DB quest. It is activated and the quest closed when you assassinate Arquen.
Arquen is essential in the vanilla game. This mod makes her non-essential in one of two ways:
1. If you have not yet initiated the "Whispers of Death" quest she will become non-essential when it activates if you have this mod installed.
2. If you have already activated that quest, speak to her about "Sithis" in the dialogue options and that will make her non-essential.
After that, just kill her! Be warned, she puts up quite a fight! The curses she spits out are Bethesda's work!
You can also slay the Dark Brotherhood Murderers if there are any wandering around the sanctuary. Each kill counts as a murder though.
Finally, to wrap up the tale, you will receive the note "A Dark Requiem", an accounting of all those you have slain in the name of the Brotherhood. In my game, I dropped it in the local chapel as an anonymous confession of the final Listener of the Dark Brotherhood.
Place the DB Requiem.esp file in your data folder and activate.
Please don't upload these mods to other sites. The only valid one is my upload on the AFK Mods website.