About This File
ELSWEYR'S CITY OF RIMMEN by Iliana, Mr Siika & Auryga
A playable border city in the Tamriel worldspace.
Version May 2019 (Originally included in the March 2014 version of the Elsweyr Anequina mod)
WARNING: Do not install this mod together with the Elsweyr Anequina mod. The city of Rimmen is already included in that mod.
The city of Rimmen is an Elsweyr border town located in the hills north-west of Leyawiin.
I sliced this city out of my larger Elsweyr Anequina mod for those who want a small preview of the Elsweyr mod or just a city to visit and use as a base half way between Bravil and Leyawiin.
The town is fully functional with NPCs, building interiors, merchants, trainers, city guards, prison and a buyable player home. The land around the town is landscaped with a couple of farms, waterfalls, and roads down to the Nibenay Valley and the nearby village of Border Watch.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THIS!
1. Do not install this mod with Elsweyr Anequina. The city of Rimmen is already part of the Elsweyr mod and you can't install two copies of the exact same city!
If you later wish to install Elsweyr Anequina, uninstall Rimmen first.
2. You must have your in-game borders disabled or you won't be able to reach the new region. See the installation instructions to learn how.
This is the main file which contains everything you need.
01 Optional - Rimmen-Blackwood Jungle Patch
A small patch for Betty's Blackwood Jungle mod's Blackwood Palm Trees add-on (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47043) (Aug 2019).
a) Rimmen-BlackwoodPalmTrees Patch.esp -- for the BlackwoodPalmTrees.esp. Rearranges the palm trees placed in the region around the city of Rimmen.
b) Rimmen-BlackwoodPalmTrees-HESU Patch.esp -- for the BlackwoodPalmTrees.esp and the HESU PoisonSwamp.esp. This is a super-patch which makes Betty's Blackwood Palms work with both the Rimmen and HESU's Poison Swamp mods (https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46090). The patch also accommodates two other smaller mods, Mudwater and Bravil Sea Domes, though neither of those are required. I created this patch for my own game as I have all of these mods installed.
A. The in-game borders must be disabled. See installation instructions below.
B. The latest official Oblivion patch is needed to run this mod.
1. Extract the files to your Oblivion/Data/ folder. There are only two required files - Rimmen.esp and Rimmen.bsa -, so the mod is very simply to install and uninstall!
The Rimmen - Voices.bsa is optional and slows down the unvoiced, NPC dialogue.
The DistantLOD files are also optional and simply align the distant view trees visible about the city with the actual trees.
2. Check the file Rimmen.esp in your mod lists.
3. The in-game borders MUST be disabled. This can be done either by--
A. By switching the "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1" to "0" in your Oblivion game ini file. You can find this ini in your folder My Documents/My Games/Oblivion. The setting can be found near the top of the ini file under the heading [General].
B. Or by installing a border removal mod, e.g. "Borderless Cyrodiil."
4. (Optional) If you wish to see the city in the distant view run TES4LODGen after installing this mod. Distant view for new types of architecture is dependent on load order, so you need to generate these yourself. If you ever change your load order run it again as the records are load order dependent.
TES4LODGen is very simple to use! Just double click on the file exe from the download.
5. (Optional) If you wish to create a character using any of the new races download the Custom Race Fix mod, which tweaks some of the vanilla quests to allow for new races.
1. "You can't go this way, please turn back" message means the borders haven't been disabled yet. See the installation instructions. Its just a matter of changing a single digit in a text file.
2. Game Crashes
Make sure you have Bethesda's latest Official Patch installed.
Also make sure that the Rimmen.bsa file, which contains all of the required meshes and textures, has been placed in your game's Data/ folder.
A special thanks to Mr Siika who created a large number of custom models for this mod including city architecture and slarjei bird creature,
and to Auryga who created the palace and temple buildings, garden walls, bridges and ideas for the canal system.
Mr Siika (Rimmen upper and lower district buildings, city walls, marketplace stalls, Minotaur village)
Auryga (Rimmen fortress and palace buildings, temple building, garden walls, bridges, terrace retaining walls)
DarknessEternal (Upper class doors)
LANDSCAPE & FLORA
Koniption (Catnip plant)
KHAJIIT & OTHER RACES
AlienSlof (Khajiit retextures)
Luchaire (Ohmes-raht Khajiit "Tabaxi")
Veld (Khajiit black)
SniperDaria (Tattooed Ohmes)
Trollf (Desert armor retextures - chain, leather, mithril)
Ghogiel (Bonemold armor)
Frankpants (Lamellar armor)
Corthian (Scale armor)
Uglulyx (Retextures of lamellar armor)
Trollf (Peasant weapons)
Exanimis (Tribal weapons)
Waalx (Khajiit blades)
Koniption (Meat cleaver)
Trolff (Misc robes & clothing)
KrimsynKane & Kikaimegami (Scarves)
Nessa (Upper05 clothing retextures)
Mr Siika (Market produce and meats and fish, spinning wheel, tapestry frame, clothes line, animal skulls)
Senten (Road signs)
McMuffin (Skooma pipe)
Phaedra (Vomit & urine puddles)
Lazarus (Tall baskets)
Xiamara & Lazarus (Cushions)
Lutur (Dried corn)
Washington (Morrowind beverages)
AndalayBay (Generic signs)
DominickCryomonde (Khajiit skulls)
Mr Siika (Slarjei bird, minotaur cow, minotaur bull, minotaur chief)
Corepc (Fat bellied minotaurs)
Please do not upload this mod to other sites. The only valid one is my upload on the AFK Mods website.
What's New in Version V2
Fix to vendor chests and city ground textures reset to simplify patch for Blackwood Jungle mod.