Night Mother's Caress

Lena Wolf

A series of mods centred around the assassins' guilds, the Dark Brotherhood and the Morag Tong. They don't all have to be used together, but they tell a story and are related.

This is work in progress. I shall be releasing new modules from time to time, as I complete them. I try to do it in such a way that they make sense even without the rest of the series, and in particular without the large modules that aren't ready yet.

This series is hosted on Masser and Secunda and will not be mirrored on any other websites.

The basis
db-office-desk.thumb.jpg.1e8ac071f71ac7a7a13449a0c4febf95.jpgThe Dark Brotherhood Real Estate is the basis for these mods. It contains equipment and properties used in various modules. Not all modules require this base, but many do, and all work alongside it.

The Deepscorn Hollow
The Deepscorn Sanctuary and Fenris Bero is an update to the Deepscorn Hollow and its Dark Minion, nameless no longer.

A Morag Tong Brother
Azarath Salvel is a Morag Tong Brother based in Sadrith Mora. This is a mod for Morroblivion, in its present state. I do plan to make a version for Tamriel as well.

A Dark Brotherhood Speaker
You are a Dark Brotherhood Speaker allows you to assume the role of the head of the Cheydinhal Sanctuary. You can play as Lucien Lachance or make your own character. However, being the Speaker, you cannot play the rest of this series as described below because Lucien Lachance features in it on his own right.

Taking sides
You cannot be both with the Thieves Guild and with the Dark Brotherhood, it is contradictory. You will have to make choices in this module. Choose the Thieves Guild, and the rest of this series will never be activated. But I'm sure stealing is fun too.

Lucien.thumb.jpg.e9665f9b31dd042bb09b47d086d589b0.jpgBreaking the tenets
In the vanilla quest line for the Dark Brotherhood, you arrive at a point where you have to break some tenets. You do not get a choice of which tenets to break, there is only one path you can take, with disasterous consequences. I always thought it strange, and this module will give you some choices. This is quite a large module, expected some time in 2024.

After the storm
A follow up module with quests that become unlocked based on your choices in Breaking the Tenets. None of it will be activated if you follow the vanilla path.

Your Speaker, your friend
Lucien Lachance can become your companion if you make the right choices so that he is satisfied with your actions. For one, he has to still be alive when the dust settles. For two, you still have to be his Silencer and not be demoted for poor performance.

Besides joining you on your travels, he might also allow you to make use of his abodes across Cyrodiil. He might put in a good word for you with the Keeper, letting you take on a sensitive investigation. He might even go as far as ask your assistance with his own, very personal quest. It all depends on you.

nocturnal.jpg.ca38351133e1073ddfb273dd64026a6a.jpgThe Nightingales
Nocturnal is a Daedric Prince of night, darkness and mystery, not thieving. While thieves may worship her, she may smile on others as well. There is therefore no reason why the Nightingales must be thieves. In Cyrodiil they are in fact assassins.

Oh wait, there are no Nightingales in Cyrodiil. Not yet. But there will be when this module is ready.

The Lady of Whispers, the Night Mother
Are they one and the same? Some believe so, others don't, and perhaps we'll never know. But we can try to find out. The details of this module are still somewhat sketchy, the story is still forming in my head. This is the direction of travel that this series will take, all the way into the Red Mountain. And if you read Lena's stories, you might guess who else will feature in it.

Edited by Lena Wolf
Moved to Masser and Secunda.
  • Like 1

• Lena Wolf changed the title to Night Mother's Caress