Wolf Tamriel

Lena Wolf

This project aims to bring Tamriel to Oblivion, making use of existing projects and mods, adding to them and linking them together. It isn't a single mod but rather a collection, so in a sense this post is a meta-release announcement rather than an actual release announcement. Here I try to explain how everything fits together.

Wolf Tamriel consists of Cyrodiil, Morroblivion, Elsweyr Anequina and TWMP: Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Black Marsh, Valenwood. It covers every province known to man and mer, but doesn't venture further across the ocean to mythical places not fully understood. TWMP comes with choices too, notably around Valenwood (Valenwood jungle versus Valenwood Improved). Not every province is equally well developed either, but there is a start everywhere.

My mods for Wolf Tamriel can be grouped as follows.

tamriel-southern-alliance-v6.thumb.jpg.f26ae7bc3122ad7ca6ba332ec8aef013.jpgStart anywhere
Wolf Alternate Start. Start in a province of your choice, depending on the mods in your load order. It is not required to have the entire Tamriel loaded to use this mod.

Maps and UI
Wolf UI and Tamriel maps. This is a collection of UI modules tweaking the vanilla interface, plus Tamriel and Morroblivion maps, static and dynamic.

Long distance transport
Still to come as a stand-alone module, currently spread out in other mods. These modules allow for long distance travel between various provinces in a consistent fashion. Similar to the Wolf Alternate Start, they will not require you to have every province loaded but will enable and disable parts based on your load order.

Companions
Lena's Companions is my own companion framework with dedicated companions - specific characters from Lena's stories (I am Lena Wolf). They often draw on other games, have quests and property, new skills and gear, available to the player depending on your choices. You can also play as some of these characters. It all takes place in Wolf Tamriel and is therefore related.

Traits, factions and occupations
Wolf Tamriel makes some changes and additions to the traits and occupations of various characters. These new traits are then used in quests or simply enjoyed as a part of the game.

corinthe-ghosts.thumb.jpg.ab7e0ce92c0fae41593cdf390d2acc57.jpgRecessive Vampirism is what is left over after you've taken the cure for vampirism. You're cured, you're mortal again, you no longer crave blood... until a wraith hits you with a chilling curse, making your vampirism flare up. It isn't completely gone, it has become recessive. Lena suffers from it. She caught vampirism at the very start, before I could figure out how the game worked, and suddenly there she was, a vampire at level 1... She went through the entire Oblivion Crisis that way, it was a long long time before the Count of Skingrad trusted her enough to hint at a cure. All that experience really shaped her character, and I cannot leave it out of the story even when I start a new game. Something had to remain after that, it isn't just your common cold. And so with Lena vampirism became recessive.

nocturnal-ll.thumb.jpg.e4a90e2353d7c54bceee607a0638d3a3.jpgLena is an assassin. She didn't mean to become one, but a vampire doesn't have many choices in the Empire of Tamriel. She was but sixteen when she turned... The Dark Brotherhood and the Mages Guild were the only people to treat her like a human being and not a vile monster, and that rather shaped her affiliations. Even the Blades sneered at her, Hero of Kvatch and Bruma or not. Especially the Blades... And for this reason both the Dark Brotherhood and the Mages Guild get a special treatment and attention in my mods, mostly as yet unreleased. There is also a story of Kvatch in the making, Kvatch many years after the Crisis. Perhaps breaking the Amulet of Kings was not the smartest thing the new Emperor could do...

everrest.thumb.jpg.4c97b9ba61ae0ab5d54ee66366cb6339.jpgAmong the Daedric Princes she became known as Sheogorath's Champion and later a sitting Lord Sheogorath for the time until Prince Sheogorath returned (note the distinction between Lord and Prince). Sanguine, Hircine and Vermina practically moved into the Shivering Isles during her reign and found the place to their liking. Namira... well, yes, there is a story with Namira as well, Nocturnal, too, and Molag Bal of course as well, and all of them feature in the stories, and some of them will feature in the mods.

Lena's brother Geralt of Rivia eventually makes his way to Tamriel with Witcher in Cyrodiil. He joins her in her travels, but also has his own story to tell - rumour has it that Hircine had summoned him for the Great Hunt of the current Era. Which side will Geralt be on? More mods will follow to tell that story (and of course play The Bloodmoon in Morroblivion).

geralt-on-horseback-new.thumb.jpg.1eca3b2c7766998540a469a7714486d5.jpgThere's more... but this page is getting too long. Read about Lena's companions on their respective pages.

Province mods
This is the main content - mods for the various provinces, Cyrodiil included. This naturally splits up into the following groups:

• Cyrodiil.
  • Morrowind - Morroblivion. I use the original version that plays in its own worldspace.
  • The Northern provinces: High Rock, Hammerfell and Skyrim, plus the Northern parts of continental TWMP Morrowind and TWMP Solstheim. There is some duplication with Morroblivion here, so far not addressed since we don't have much in TWMP in those areas anyway.
  • The Southern provinces: Valenwood, Elsweyr and Black Marsh.
  • The Summerset Isles.
  • The Shivering Isles. Not exactly Tamriel, I know, but inextricably linked to Mundus nonetheless.

Cyrodiil
anvil6.thumb.jpg.1f9ff7628c7fcfcadf48e528fe48725f.jpgThere is a vast amount of mods for Cyrodiil, so did I really have to add to it? Probably not, but as is usually the case, you download a bunch of mods, you try them out, you find some of it conflicting and none being exactly like what you had in mind... And so you make your own. Some of these mods are still hosted solely on Nexus but will be eventually migrated here, possibly in a slightly modified form.

Anvil Docks Extended - my take on the Anvil Docks, staying strictly outside of the city bounds, but extending a bit out to sea.

Bravil Port unifying patch - draws on three mods for Bravil, giving the city a sizable port in the Niben Bay as well as allowing row boats into the canals. One day there will be also a version for Open Cities Reborn, but at the moment it's just based on vanilla.

Imperial City bridges extended and Imperial shipyard on the City Isle are two mods for the outskirts of the Imperial City, keeping everything mostly vanilla, just adding Imperial style bridges on the other three sides of the isle. The shipyard is purely cosmetic, there are no quests and nothing happens there, at least not yet, but who knows what the future brings...

Sewers and Dungeons linked in every city is a patch to link Montybrad's Dungeons of Tamriel with IcelandicPsychotic's Sewers for every city. This patch also repositions sewer exits where necessary to avoid some conflicts and make them geographically plausible. This is currently based on vanilla Cyrodiil, but I hope to make a version for Open Cities Reborn some time in the future too.Morroblivion-viewfromNebulaIsles.thumb.jpg.cc8dfc49e90edad1dee6991bf01a7c61.jpg

Morroblivion
I started out with a series of mods which I then merged into one. Morroblivion Towns extended is a patch to smooth out conflicts between other additions, plus it adds its own content. I've got a few other Morroblivion mods on Nexus, but I won't mention them here yet until I have it clear in my head where they fit in the big picture.

The Northern provinces
Oblivion07_09_202221_51_20.thumb.png.00dca0f835c7c904074346efea4417fa.pngMy main focus is Skyrim, it has to be said. TWMP Skyrim Alive is what drives this area. There is a lot of development going on at the moment, as I have finally managed to decouple High Rock, Hammerfell and Skyrim from each other, but these stand-alone versions have not yet been released. I shall therefore keep quiet about most of it for now, with a full story coming in due course.

At present if you want to run Skyrim, you also have to have TWMP Hammerfell, which is the only complete and fully functional mod for Hammerfell out there. It may not be lore-friendly exactly, but do we have any options? No. However, once the decoupled versions are out, you'll be able to use something else for Hammerfell, provided this something else actually exists...

highhrothgar.thumb.jpg.e2b49eee5781bf6296a5781aff6e83e9.jpgTWMP Skyrim Improved is the basis for Skyrim, and is required. It provides the geography, the landscapes and several cities. TWMP Skyrim Alive builds on that, adding more cities, roads and quests. There are also a few other Skyrim-related mods that you could add to customise your land.

High Rock is currently empty apart from the landscapes, ready to be developed.

The Southern provinces
Both Elsweyr and Valenwood have options, previously forcing you to choose between Elsweyr Pelletine and Valenwood Improved. I didn't want to choose and made a unifying patch TWMP Southern Alliance. It is based on TWMP because Elsweyr Pelletine is based on TWMP, making it necessary to use the TWMP version of Valenwood Improved as well.

new-senchal-distant-view.thumb.jpg.51d6a5757b56a949be6ab01cb8fa4a64.jpgHaving unified the land, I went exploring it, which resulted in a couple of quest mods. These will eventually grow, when I venture South again.

Elsweyr Mysteries - some quests for Elsweyr Anequina.

TWMP Valenwood Cities - a mod meant to fill in the empty cities of Valenwood Improved, one city per release. It doesn't just add NPCs, it tries to solve the mystery as to what happened to the populace in the first place...

New Senchal for Anequina is not actually my mod but a port of JugoyaMoon's creation that sadly conflicted with Elsweyr Anequina. It was too nice to be left alone, and makes a beautiful addition to the region.

The Shivering Isles
Just a few small mods for this realm for now, to complement the two companions based there. The story is a prominent one for Lena though, so more development will eventually emerge, with the blessings of the Madgod.

The Summerset Isles
Nothing so far! TWMP Summerset Isles has landscapes and some cities, and is a ready canvas for development. There is a major story to take place there in Wolf Tamriel... some day.

Edited by Lena Wolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Updated the main post with info on traits, factions and occupations mods and the reasons they came to be that way. Also added more pictures. :)

• Lena Wolf changed the title to Wolf Tamriel

These mods are no longer hosted on AFK Mods because they all include AI generated voices. This new technology prompted a change in rules - AFK Mods decided against AI generated content. This is unfortunate for me because I have a strong dislike of silent dialogue and therefore use synthesized voices. I use xVAsynth v2.3, somewhat outdated now. It generates voice files with clear pronunciation and acceptable intonation, yet falling short of human recording. This is the key for me and a solution to my own moral dilemma. You can understand everything and yet immediately know that these voices are not the real thing. I do not use better voice synthesizers because that's a bit too much of a deep fake for my taste.

But rules are rules. I therefore removed my mods from this site. They still remain published on Nexus and I now also mirror them on my own website Masser and Secunda. This is the place where all the stories are kept, so it fits. Mods that I decide not to publish on Nexus, will also be published there.

This thread of posts is now no longer relevant for AFK Mods, but I cannot delete posts. I therefore leave it up to the moderators to decide what to do with them. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's a shame, and sorry to see you leave AFK. :(

What's an AI anyway, but a pale-throated sloth?

800px-Bradypus_tridactylus.jpg