Lena's Companions

Lena Wolf

hauk-small.jpg.0e12f3e521db3c3f34f2ee2c632f145a.jpgHaving tried existing companions systems... you know how it goes. None was what I was after, so I made my own. Lena's Companions is a framework for Oblivion that comes with a set of master files and a bunch of very specific companions based on Lena's story.

The master files contain scripting and a starter quest. While most of the scripting is only usable by companions based on this framework, one aspect works on any followers or companions - the Ally Assistance system. The idea is a cross of ally handling in Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age, but you don't need to know either of these games to be able to use it - the mod comes with an explanation. And the best part is that it can be turned off altogether.

garrus.jpg.e4568187f46fbcd1b1e58e723fc734ac.jpgThe framework is sufficiently generic, and I use it in my other mods for more generic companions also. Not every companion uses every aspect of it either, so you get a variety of skills and attitudes.

The individual companions are all Lena's friends, so their descriptions point to stories where they appear. Of course, that's in Lena's universe. They could be completely different people in someone else's game and story. Feel free to ignore Lena's stories if you want to give them your own background!

Some of the companions also come with a player file that allows you to play as that character, with their appearance, class, skills and real estate. Some of the player files are in fact alternative start mods, while others are just presets to be used with another alternative start or with vanilla game. I use these when the story switches to follow a different character and Lena becomes just a friend helping them out.

jowan.thumb.jpg.89341e675d6b73232a6c46aa0ef620bd.jpgThis collection is not complete yet, and new companions will be added over time (including Lena Wolf herself). The companions are also hosted on Nexus but the primary site is Masser and Secunda. There, each companion has a background link to a collection of stories where he or she features. This is much closer to the way they come to be and explains who they are and why they act so strangely sometimes... However, with that said, feel free to completely ignore their backgrounds and make them into different people in your own universe!

Some companions have additional quests that start only when they are comfortable enough to ask you a personal favour. This is meant for a long game, not a sprint from start to finish. It is also very likely that I would be adding more quests to them as time goes on.

If you're still playing Oblivion, perhaps you'll take them along. And oh - most of them are male. I wonder why.

Dylan2.thumb.jpg.d5fecc83bafebeffd27fafb3607d75cf.jpgOblivion03_12_202209_23_52.thumb.png.70c245fe56bca2c302e89cd9f856c3f1.pngYennefer1.thumb.jpg.bb179eeb3734f442cbe55af662169299.jpgRook.jpg.1eb9395c08bb91eee3359d3e1b95b33b.jpgscorpio2_face.thumb.jpg.e0c2eb87703762c94b0d93c990e17243.jpgfenris.jpg.24f6bc937774e220804832184c740f44.jpgazarath-salvel-face.jpg.45c4f574f0ddc3a6c77169302eba5e39.jpg

Edited by Lena Wolf
Moved to Masser and Secunda.
  • Like 1

• Lena Wolf changed the title to Lena's Companions