Which nif uses aohammerwallloop.hkx

Elaura

This is related to thee sound of NPC's hammering. It changes the sound from metal to wood for NPC's hitting houses and masts. The hkx file is not being ovrewritten, but apparently the nif it goes with is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have sound overhauls (yes, more than one) and MO2, so as I write this, I'm going through the data files to see if there is an obvious redirect, but honestly, I don't even know if the hkx file does what it says on the tin. I'll check that too.

Since the sound needs to be synchronied to the animation (it should play when the hammer hits and not in any other phase of the animation), the sound call comes from the hkx file.. The sound itself is determined by the havok material attributed to the mesh (or mesh part),in question. This also explains why the nif file gets overwritten when changing the sound, since this requires a havok material swap, and that information is specified in the collision data.

I don't understand it entirely, but I get that just having this one file doesn't work. I'll relay what you have said to the mod author. It's never just a simple replacer when it comes to really annoying crap, is it? Thanks for the reply.

@Elaura: I'm using a fix for this, and I think it's the one you mentioned. Works as intended, but I'll check again when I'll be at home. I should point that, AFAIR, it only fixes the material sound: both the metal and wood impact sounds are still out-of-sync anyway (just like the huge drawbridges before the Skyhaven temple entrance, also present in various nordic ruins).

4 hours ago, Nico coiN said:

@Elaura: I'm using a fix for this, and I think it's the one you mentioned. Works as intended, but I'll check again when I'll be at home. I should point that, AFAIR, it only fixes the material sound: both the metal and wood impact sounds are still out-of-sync anyway (just like the huge drawbridges before the Skyhaven temple entrance, also present in various nordic ruins).

Ah, that doesn't bother me. I don't watch them, the metallic clang is just annoying. If I could just get rid of whatever is blocking that file from working, I'd be happy. Thanks for checking it out.

Ok, I checked. This is the exact fix that I'm actually using, and it is working as intended.

hkx files are never referenced by any mesh. In this case, this file contains a movement pattern/matrix that is affected to almost every humanoid actor in general. See screenshot below to see where you can find it. I think the link between the anim file and actors is processed at the engine level, directly by the game executable...

aohammerwallloop.png

Are you using any other animation replacer? It's also possible that you are using some meshes replacer, and that various wood objects have a wrong havok collision material set...? (just what sclerocephalus was explaining, indeed)