[RELZ] Game Tweaks SSE

alt3rn1ty

GAME TWEAKS Skyrim SE

At Skyrim SE Nexus

18249-1530223250-2136065632.png

---------------------

Description
-----------

Game Tweaks SSE is a collection of mod plugins for people who do not use Wrye Bash (although see note for Wrye Bash Users below), but prefer another Mod Manager instead, and use Mator Smash to resolve all conflicts in a Smashed Patch.

Other Mod Managers and Mator Smash can not do "Tweak settings" like Wrye Bash can .. So now some of those Tweaks are in these plugins you can add to your Load Order.

Note for Wrye Bash users : There are also a few here which Wrye Bash does not have, so even if you do use Wrye Bash you can use those ones, merge them completely into the bashed patch, and disable them, using no extra slots.

18249-1530573029-1485408351.png

Maximum Player Runes (Wrye Bash does not have this one) - Yeah, you can now have more Magic sticky mines. Bethesda limits you to one, while they get to spread a few at a time around some locations in the game. Probably a bit overpowered but now you can have 2, 3, 5 or 8. Lay your welcome mats and get the enemies attention, then sit back and smile while picking them off with a bow in the confusion.

Minimum Jump Height (Wrye Bash does not have this one) 
- Default game value is 76, which is about average if you go into third person perspective and judge it versus human jumping ability. I have provided one that is a bit less at 60 (for anyone who wants to immersively be worse than average), and a few more going above average up to 150 which is double the vanilla jumping height, for those that wish to you can jump like a Khajiit your own body height.

Social Conversation Distance (Wrye Bash does not have this one) - Default Game value for this setting is 500. But there are two settings one for internal and another for external. In each of these plugins I have included both Internal and External set to the same setting. The lowest at 300 allows you to get near enough to a Bar tender for instance to trigger the idle conversation remark (without having to lean across the bar which your player character cannot do), before you engage in conversation. Any less than 300 and you will not get any idle chatter from the Barman / Barmaid, so I thought this was a good lowest setting. The highest setting at 700 will trigger a few more automated triggered responses from more NPCs as you walk within that distance of them as you walk around town. So at the higher settings for example you will have more NPCs in Whiterun Market trying to talk to you (and each other) at the same time, whereas the lower setting you will need to get closer to an NPC to initiate typical "arrow to the knee" idle chatter.

Arrow Recovery Chance - Default game value for this setting is 33% : Personally I prefer 60%, even imagining losses due to broken arrows (the target actor fell on it), or the barb is so lodged into bone it cannot be withdrawn, or lost in the undergrowth / water .. I think 33% chance of recovery is harsh. Higher percentage = better chance of recovering your arrows.

Crime Alarm Distance - Default game value for this setting is 4000 : I think this represents in game distance units, and at the default value the Guards / NPCs spotting you thieving is probably about right, depends on the line of sight and visibility. I like it a bit closer at 2000, anyone further away is unlikely to see me considering I have just watched them walking away / getting out of sight before I started any crime, and especially in bad weather. Alternatively, if you want everyone to see you and make crime harder to do, choose 6000 or 8000

Max Training - Default game value for this setting is 5 : I dont change it, so I dont know if this could impact your long term play through negatively if you increase the value or decrease the value, but you have settings to go either way with this Tweak.

I have not provided any plugin with the Game Default Value .. You dont need one, just dont install any tweak you wish to keep at game default.

Installation
------------
First make a save game you can go back to before installing any of them, if you are not happy with combinations of tweaks plugins you have experimented with, and wish to uninstall them all and try others, then you have a save to rewind back to and not mess up your long term play through. Save games become dependant upon the plugins you have installed at the time you saved, so having a save to "rewind to" having uninstalled plugins is a good practice.

There are sets of Tweaks with different value ranges. You only need to install one from any set with the value that you wish to use.

Choose the appropriate setting you would like for any of these tweaks, download it and install with your favourite Mod Manager, or ..

Manual Installation : Extract the zip with an archiver like 7zip. Inside you will find a data folder, and within that is the plugin you need to install into :
Steam \ Steamapps \ Common \ Skyrim Special Edition \ Data \ <<-- copy the plugin in here.

Now go to the games Loading menus, in "Mods", choose "Load Order", and ensure the tweaks plugins you installed are Enabled / Active (Ticked) ..

18249-1530304240-1277244717.png

If you use a Mod Manager, it should also be able to make the mod active.

Also if you use LOOT, LOOT will position these fine in your Load Order.

18249-1530576016-973606462.png

Uninstallation
--------------
Use your favourite Mod Manager to uninstall it.

Manual uninstallation : Delete the plugin you installed in Data \.

Start a new game, or go back to a save game you made before installing these tweaks plugins.

Compatability
-------------
The Tweaks which match the same tweaks in Wrye Bash should not be used if you use Wrye Bash Bashed patch Tweaks = No point in using up plugin slots unnecessarily. But then being GMSTs Wrye Bash will be able to merge and disable the other tweaks which Wrye Bash does not know already, into the Bashed Patch

These Tweaks should not be used for Skyrim LE, they have been produced in the correct format for SE only.

Skyrim VR ? I have no clue - If you try and it goes pear shaped dont blame me.

XBox / PS4 / Switch / IPhone xx / Fridge .. I will not be doing those.

Future
------
Grim. Or maybe, bouncy pouncy happy .. Depends.

I may be doing a few more - But I will not be doing combinations of tweaks ie "Can we have one with this tweak that tweak and maybe one of those, with these particular settings all in one plugin?" - The amount of possible combinations I would need to cater for would be a ridiculous amount I haven't got the time or patience to be doing. Find a way to merge them, or use Wrye Bash if a few extra plugin slots is a slot too far :P

Tools Mentioned and where to find them :

Wrye Bash

Mator Smash

LOOT

7zip

Version  2 uploaded

Removed "Arrow Speed" and "Strength Encumbrance Multiplier" (not working in SSE)

Added "Minimum Jump Height" and "Social Conversation Distance"

v2.1 - Added "Maximum Player Runes" - Magic sticky mines usually limited to using one at a time, now you can have 2, 3, 5 or 8. Have fun luring the undead into them.

Added a link here at AFK Mods to the actual mod page at Skyrim SE Nexus :facepalm:

Obviously there's vast amounts of interest :P

@Arthmoor - In your opinion are these safe to remove in an ongoing playthrough ?

I am advising against it, but the plugins only contain GMSTs which revert to vanilla if removed ..

I think there's nothing to become baked in a save with these

Not all GMST changes will revert so you'll need to check them.