Skyrim Patch 1.6.89.0.6 Released

Arthmoor

The other shoe just dropped. CK 1.6.91 is out. No, we didn't get the badly needed source code updates we've been needing, other than the two for the patch quests and the one for the missing Companions quest alias script. Plus an empty Textureset.psc file who's function is unknown.Something also changed under the hood because it grew my OCS rebuild by 300K simply resaving it. There's a nifty new daytime slider on the main menu bar. The Papyrus compiler has also been updated, no idea what that's for but likely DLC support of some kind. If you've modified your compiler's batch file, you'll need to fix your modifications.

Said other shoe contained a lead weight, unfortunately.Do not edit races using CK 1.6.91. If you do, even for the slightest little thing, your in-game first person model will disappear entirely.

Add editing armors, whether vanilla or custom, to that list of things not to touch. WTF is going on over there?

Beth was like "We should add the 500 mountain lions of Skyrim modding!" And everyone there was like "Yeah!" Only they didn't talk to each other and everyone came up with their own, and it ended up being more like the 1,000 mountain lions of Skyrim modding.Meanwhile, my decision to not touch this mess with a 10 foot pole seems to be continuing to pay off.

Oh come on, you know you want to mod this game :PHindsight being what it is though, one might have been better off waiting for GOTY.

I actually do want to mod it. I'm just not going to while the environment for it looks this awful.

I suppose it ought to be taken as a good thing then that OCS isn't affected by any of this :PWhiterun, I shall soon have you put down with the rest of the traitors!

Well a good sign at least. Contacting Gstaff got Joel's attention about the dialogue bug.

All of a sudden I am very happy I haven't actually started coding up Skyrim XP.
Don't be surprised if you start getting reports from people with strange issues that can be attributed to properties not loading. I've got a few sporadic reports of people instantly dieing of blood loss when first loading MDI, and that is the only feasible explanation for why that would possibly happen.It's one of those problems I can't recreate as it is most often an issue with scripts in BSAs, and I have no trouble with those (which is why my second bit of advice is to check your game version).

Well a good sign at least. Contacting Gstaff got Joel's attention about the dialogue bug.
Excellent! Would you mind posting an update in the CK thread on DC? I think we need to spread some positive news for a change.
Don't be surprised if you start getting reports from people with strange issues that can be attributed to properties not loading. I've got a few sporadic reports of people instantly dieing of blood loss when first loading MDI' date=' and that is the only feasible explanation for why that would possibly happen.It's one of those problems I can't recreate as it is most often an issue with scripts in BSAs' date=' and I have no trouble with those (which is why my second bit of advice is to check your game version).[/quote'']All of the turmoil has made it so that I'm not itching to dive into Skyrim modding. That and learning the CK has been a frustrating experience thus far. Getting old. *sigh*

Heads up - The CK just downgraded to version 1.6.89.Papyrus Source updated with the 1.6.89 downgrade ActiveMagicEffect.pscActor.pscDA15WabbajackEffectSCRIPT.pscdefaultDeleteSelfOnReset.pscdunMarkarthWizardMuseumKeyScript.pscFormList.pscGame.pscMineOreScript.pscObjectReference.pscQF_MS06_00026C4D.pscQF_Patch1_4_UpdateQuest_01000803.pscSpell.pscWeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.pscClearSkiesEffectScript.pscCompanionsHousekeepingScript.pscdunGeirmundsBossBattle.pscmagicSetWeatherScript.pscNirnrootACTIVATORScript.pscReferenceAlias.pscTIF__0009E009.pscTIF__0004158E.psc

lmao.gif So somebody jumped the gun on which CK patch to release. How many times is that now?Yeah, have fun guys :P

One, actually. CK 1.5.24 shipped with Skyrim 1.5.24 as expected. The game jumped it by one after that.It just so happens that 1.6.91 is making some kind of change to the biped records for armor, which you XBoxers are testing for us now in the Dawnguard beta. So you have fun right back :PThe mismatch on those records is what blew up the PC side.

Creation Kit just got updated again. Well... downdated, actually, to 1.6.89. Guess Bethesda released the wrong version by mistake.NOTICE: Any plugins saved post 1.6.91 might not work anymore. Hope you made backups.EDIT: It doesn't look like MDI was damaged. All the Spells, Magic Effects, and Globals are still there and I didn't get any MDI-specific errors when opening the mod.

OCS dodged a bullet on that one. It appears as though only race and armor edits are permanently hosed. Everything else seems to have survived intact.