Skyrim Patch 1.6.89.0.6 Released

Arthmoor

Skyrim Beta 1.6.87.0.6 is now available.
NEW FEATURES Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horseBUG FIXES General stability and memory optimizations General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks Fixed rare crash with lighting Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly In "The Break of Dawn" fixed rare issue where Meridia's Beacon would disappear from player's inventory Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a county after committing a crime Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360) Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360) Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360)
Yep, horses just got a massive usability shot in the arm on this one. I'm also anticipating the USKP going through a bit of pain since there appear to be things they fixed that we already have. But then removing unofficial fixes is something we warmly welcome.Off to download and find out if that AI stuff is a fix for the navmesh bug.Files changed with this update:Skyrim - Misc.bsaUpdate.esmUpdate.bsa

Also, Wrye Bash is dead in the water with this update. There's a new subrecord in the TES4 header in Update.esm that hasn't been encountered before.

Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
Holy shit.

So...they managed to miss all the bits and pieces stuff that everyone was asking for in the initial release, but as soon as the devs were allowed to run wild for a week, all the content that they were being asked for suddenly existed, and now they can just sit back and roll it out...It makes me wonder if Bethesda has good time or priority management strategies.

Holy shit indeed, though I haven't tried it yet. I was busy poking the navmesh bug, which I can't conclusively call yet. I was in the process of fast travel bouncing from Whiterun to Riften when an ancient dragon (that I'd swear is MUCH bigger than it used to be) attacked the city and crashed the game.Also, the CK is dead in the water with whatever they've done to Update.esm. Expect an update there. Backup your scripts now, on the off chance this CK update includes the actual source code files.

Right, based on testing, I'm tentatively calling the navmesh bug fixed. All of my usual Open Cities runs are coming back without issue. Riften and Whiterun are behaving as though nothing is wrong, even after multiple fast travels back and forth, as well as multiple interior/exterior transitions.

Oh, and there's an annoyance I forgot to mention. Your keyboard remappings get reset when the game loads the first time after applying this beta. They're sticking once reconfigured though so it's only a one-time thing apparently.

Mounted combat sounds cool and all, but I HATE the damn 3rd person forced view of riding a horse. I can barely control it, how the hell am I gonna hit a target? I really wish they'd add first person horseback riding and don't understand why that was taken away in the first place.

Probably because horses themselves were in danger of being cut entirely from the game before November. It's pretty obvious they were bolted on at the last minute.

*navmesh bug fixed*

*biggest bugfix of all time since November*

*practically crickets on the forums*

*lots of OOO AAAH mounted combat*

*WTF*

Or is it just because I don't actually care that much about horses at all?

My first reaction was existential angst about the Imperial ruins tileset, so I may not be the best reference point here.

*navmesh bug fixed*
*biggest bugfix of all time since November*
*practically crickets on the forums*
*lots of OOO AAAH mounted combat*
*WTF*

Or is it just because I don't actually care that much about horses at all?

Mounted combat is much more obvious. Only modders doing a specific kind of mods understand what the navmesh bug is and how big a fix this is.I appreciate both. I always have a horse, using Shadowmere, so I'll appreciate being able to swipe at a wolf without having to dismount. The navmesh bug only affects a couple of mods I'd like to run, including yours. It won't affect me directly until we get DBC underway.Look at it this way: everybody can celebrate. :banana:

I also think it's the way the release notes are ... it doesn't actually SAY navmesh bug fixed. Pretty confusing.Also confused how it would fix anything without said affected mods being updated in the updated CK.

I'd say because the navmesh bug has been an engine bug all along and whatever they did to it in the CK for 1.5.24 wasn't relevant.

So I had that one dragon in Riften that died but didn't die. Well, I picked up that auto-save and fast traveled over to Markarth to check navmesh progress out there. Guess who dropped out of the sky in front of me and 5 city guards? Yep, old dead but not dead. One arrow to the head later, he's dead for real. Strangeness, but that also seems to have cleared the problem up too.And... uh... the courier showed up out of nowhere right after that to deliver a note about shouting and a word of power... in a location that save hadn't been to in ages. I think the patch is causing some stuck quests to dislodge themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Bethesda really has to learn proper development practices. *sigh*Do you think they're paying attention?

This late in the cycle? Who knows. I'll hedge and alert GStaff to it. Dunno if it makes 1.6 since the last time I caught one of these they didn't fix it before go-live on 1.5, but they did catch it for 1.6. If the pattern holds, it'll be fucked up until 1.7.

Heh. GStaff asked for a save game affected by this.... vanilla game... no mods... yeah. I shall do as he asks, but one wonders at the point of that.

Well hopefully they'll fix it once you've confirmed it with no mods. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant of mods they can be. I appreciate them not wanting to support them - I wouldn't want to support some of the crap that gets created either. But they should recognize that those errors have nothing to do with mods. Can't be too careful I guess.

What I meant by that is the test was on a vanilla game with no mods, so needing my save shouldn't have been an issue, but I sent it to him anyway.

Oh boy. New beta is up. Time to vet the navmesh fix all over again just in case.Also rumors of massive performance loss, but they're coming (so far) from people I don't consider knowledgeable enough to trust.EDIT: Apparently whatever that guy is doing is specific to his own situation. Game runs fine.

What I meant by that is the test was on a vanilla game with no mods' date=' so needing my save shouldn't have been an issue, but I sent it to him anyway.[/quote']That's strange... :blink:

Patch 1.6.89 has gone live for PC as of today.No fix for the broken Companions Guild quest, and the USKP is now a gimped shell of its former self due to the dialogue bug with mods editing vanilla dialogue.

Just bumped the USKP thread with a warning about the bug. Was not happy about doing it, but people need to know about the issue ASAP so they can make some noise and get Bethesda's attention about the new Edited Dialogue Bug.